Find results in...

Lots of pre-codes plus:

Private Screenings: Child Stars (2006)

Hush ... Hush, Sweet Charlotte (1964)

The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)

Skyscraper Souls (1932)

Anatomy Of A Murder (1959)

A couple of Shirley Temple films

and a Saturday serial - Superman (Chapters 1- 5) (1948) - thanks MattHelm!

DeMilleBuff32 and all -

http://www.tcm.com/schedule/month/?cid=&timezone=PST&oid=10/1/2006

or

http://www.tcm.com/schedule/month/?cid=&timezone=EST&oid=10/1/2006

Well, it wasn't 'til I got to the end of the month before I had my "Oh My God! I Can't Wait!" moment this schedule.

29 Sunday

Grey Gardens (1975)

The unbelievable but true story of Mrs. Edith Bouvier Beale and her daughter Edie, the aunt and first cousin of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis. Mother and daughter live in a world of their own behind the towering privets that surround their decaying 28-room East Hampton mansion known as "Grey Gardens," a place so far gone that the local authorities once threatened to evict them for violating building and sanitation codes. Mrs. Beale, a.k.a. "Big Edie," was born an aristocrat, sister of "Black Jack" Bouvier, Jackie O's father. "Little Edie" was an aspiring actress of striking beauty who put her New York life on hold to care for her mother--and never left her side again. Together they descended into a strange life of dependence and eccentricity that none had ever shared until the Maysles Brothers arrived with their camera and tape recorder in hand. C-94 mins,

I don't think this was part of the (excellent) Documentary Month a few years back. I hope this is a firm part of the schedule. I really want to see this. (And to think someone has made a musical of this!)

Kyle In Hollywood

Well, three notables right off the bat!

Friday 6, 6 p.m. The Great Waltz. If you want to see Miliza Korjus at her excellent best, tune in!

Friday 20, 6:30 p.m. The Horn Blows At Midnight. This is one of Jack Benny's funniest films costarring Alexis Smith and Dolores Moran!!!

Sunday 22, 8 p.m. Marie Antoinette. Don't have to say anything about this one!

DeMilleBuff32

Not sure what is keeping your browser from displaying the page but try either right clicking on a link and choosing "open in a new window" or after the page loads without displaying the titles, try hitting "refresh" (F5) and see if that gets it to load.

Kyle In Hollywood

Message was edited by:

hlywdkjk

because he had a momentary brain freeze and forgot which key was "refresh".

THANKS! It worked. WOW, lots of great Universal Horrors for TCM premiers. This will be one of TCM's best Octobers yet. My only problem is the fact they aren't showing DRACULA or FRANKENSTEIN. Sure most horror fans, including myself have them, but this year is their 75th anniversary, and you just can't have a real Halloween without showing thse two. It's like Christmas without IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE, Summer without THE WIZARD OF OZ, or Easter without THE TEN COMMANDMENTS.

Looks like a great month for me. Lots of Irene Dunne. Some shorts and documentaries are listed, and several Private Screenings (which -- being the new kid on the block -- I've never seen). Some of my major curiosities will be discovered: Everybody Sing, Thousands Cheer, None But the Lonely Heart, Music For Millions. I look forward to seeing The Great Waltz again (and wish this were on DVD). And I see that Marie Antoinette will be shown a couple of times -- even though I will have owned the DVD by the time they're shown.

On Hallowe'en, I usually pull out my DVD's (Frankenstein, Bride of..., etc.). Nice to see that I can just sit back and watch TCM on that day...

Well, I had my 'Oh my God, I can't wait' moment on day one - they're airing Karel Reisz's 1964 remake of 'Night Must Fall,' with Albert Finney as the psychopath Danny (played by Robert Montgomery in the original). I just completed a book on Reisz and had to go to the UCLA Film Archive to see it on a flatbed. It's been out of circulation for years so don't miss this chance to compare the two versions. Another case of TCM listening to viewers; requests, I might add.

I'm psyched to see GREY GARDENS. I watched it recently for the first time. What a trip. I will be recording it. I became aware of this documentary because of a Rufus Wainwright song that pays homage to the film.

They are dealing with a STAUNCH character.

Sandy K

I can't beleive they are finally showing House of Dark Shadows, when I was a kid I loved Dark Shadows tv show and the movie. I was so in love with its star of both Nancy Barrett. Maybe they can get the restored version of the not so great sequel Night of Dark Shadows. I heard they original longer version is like a whole different movie.

So, is this the month (October) Rob Zombie makes his debut? With "Plan 9 From Outer Space" and "Faster Pussycat! Kill! Kill!" on the schedule, it certainly looks like it should be

Kyle In Hollywood

Really good month ahead. I'm impressed with the horror movies - although I agree that Dracula and Frankenstein will be missed. I am pleased, however, to see Night of the Living Dead (1968), one of Stephen King's (and mine) favorite horror movies.

I entered the programming challenge number one and these films that are on in October where included in my entered schedule:

Night Must Fall (1964) A psychopath worms his way into an elderly woman's household. Cast: Albert Finney, Susan Hampshire, Mona Washbourne. Dir: Karel Reisz. BW-101 mins, , Letterbox Format

Thirteen Women (1932) A mysterious Eurasian tries to murder the 12 boarding school roommates who treated her like an outsider. Cast: Irene Dunne, Myrna Loy, Ricardo Cortez. Dir: George Archainbaud. BW-73 mins, TV-PG, CC 5:00 PM

Gaby (1956) In this remake of Waterloo Bridge, a ballerina turns to prostitution when her fiance is reported killed in World War II. Cast: Leslie Caron, John Kerr, Sir Cedric Hardwicke. Dir: Curtis Bernhardt. C-96 mins, TV-PG, CC, Letterbox Format

Our Mother's House (1967) Afraid of being separated, a family of children keep their mother's death a secret. Cast: Dirk Bogarde, Pamela Franklin, Mark Lester. Dir: Jack Clayton. C-104 mins, TV-14, CC, Letterbox Format

Oil For The Lamps Of China (1935) An American oil company representative almost sacrifices his marriage for his career. Cast: Pat O'Brien, Josephine Hutchinson, Jean Muir. Dir: Mervyn LeRoy. BW-97 mins, TV-G 9:00 AM

My Son, My Son! (1940) A father's blind devotion turns his son into a lying cad. Cast: Madeleine Carroll, Brian Aherne, Louis Hayward. Dir: Charles Vidor. BW-115 mins, TV-G 11:00 AM

General Spanky (1936) Three youngsters get mixed up in a crucial Civil War battle. Cast: Spanky McFarland, Billie "Buckwheat" Thomas, Carl "Alfalfa" Switzer. Dir: Gordon Douglas. BW-71 mins, TV-G

Night Must Fall (1937) A charming young man worms his way into a wealthy woman's household, then reveals a deadly secret. Cast: Robert Montgomery, Rosalind Russell, Dame May Whitty. Dir: Richard Thorpe. BW-116 mins, TV-PG, CC

Beast With Five Fingers, The (1946) After a famous pianist's murder, his hand returns to wreak vengeance. Cast: Peter Lorre, Robert Alda, J. Carrol Naish. Dir: Robert Florey. BW-88 mins, TV-PG, CC

Maybe it is just a weird occurance,I don't know? Maybe you people need to start thinking about what you would do the next time a contest challenge is started. I could never have requested these movies and hoped that they would all be on TCM.