Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help - Title of b+w wartime feel-good movie

iloveclassicmovies

Hi. If anyone knows the title of this film, I'd be greatly appreciated.

It starts off with a teenage girl going off to a "blanket party" or something and a picture of her kissing her 'boyfriend' ends up on the cover of a magazine.

Soldiers are on leave and one soldier's mother stays at her house. The girl meets the soldier and falls in love. Her kind-of boyfriend, Scoober [i think], gets jealous.

The girl, along with her friends, invite a few soldiers for a dinner at her house, but Scoober tells all the soldiers about the party and soon the house is filled.

At the end of the movie, the soldier gives the girl his ring/pin and Scoober enlists. As the girl and her friends say goodbye at the train depot, another group of soldiers come to town on leave and one assumes everything that has happened in the movie happens again.

The girl also has a little sister who makes people pay her for stuff.

When I was searching, I thought I found the main actress in it, Teresa Wright. It wasn't her, but she looks like a young Teresa. That might help a little.

Thanks.

Message was edited by:

iloveclassicmovies

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings