Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
LuckyDan

"You look a little like..."

> When I was younger people always said I looked like

> Princess Diana, but now they say I look something

> like Kim Basinger so I don't get it.

Either way, it's a compliment. Just say, "Thanks" and enjoy.

Edit - Remember when we were kids and first heard our voices on a recording, and thought, "That's not the way my voice sounds when I hear myself speak?" We don't hear our own voices the way others do, and from what I gather from these responses, maybe we don't see ourselves the way others do either.

Message was edited by: Jack Handy for "Deep Thoughts"

at least we know we're getting a bit of attention, no?

You're right, jdb1. Good description of her. Maybe I'm more like her than I know! :) I wonder what she looks like now.

Back when I was 'hanging out', people also used to tell me I had a Doppelganger! That was very weird. They apparently used to talk to this woman as if she were me.

Fascinating thread. My mother, when about age 22, looked just like Ingrid Bergman. I have a picture to prove it! She was lovely. She still is, to me.

Cool, moirafinnie6, on finding a site with Gretchen's picture. Yes, I still see the similarity when I was about 26. Now, I look like Steve McQueen. :0

A co-worker a few years back looked and sounded a lot like Sam Elliot.

Ummmm, CharlieT, can you give him myyyyyy phone number!!?? Wait, now I sound like Matt's grandfather!! :)

When TCM updates this site to include photos, we'll have to put our money where our mouths are.

This doppelganger thing is truer than we think. Years ago,a co-worker of mine took a vacation to Hawaii, and he brought back for me the flight magazine. He said the model on the cover, rather Polynesian looking for this Hawaiian flight, looked just like me, and you know, she did! I still have that magazine somewhere to remind me of those long-ago days when I was a Size 8.

So there you have me - a vaguely Polynesian-American, Brooklyn bred, dark-eyed formerly Ina Balin. Ah me.

I find it a little odd, though, because everyone said my mother looked like Anne Baxter, which she did, and I look very much like my mother. My father was a dead ringer for the French orchestra conductor Pierre Boulez. My brother looks just like Howie Mandel. How do these things happen?

Aloha!

> I wonder what Gretchen Corbett looks like now.

Me too!

according to imdb:

(She) currently serves as Artistic Director of The Haven Project, bringing the theatrical experience to under-served children in the Portland metro area. [2003]

> She used to be on The Rockford Files, long

> dirty blonde hair, bulbous nose.

Not a real flattering description - my friends wonder why I think she's so sexy.

All I know is she's the cat's meow!

Rockford Files was a good show but Beth Davenport's my real reason for ever watching it.

So Stoney, if you're not busy this weekend...

INA BALIN-A GREAT,GREAT BEAUTY! If I'm a somewhat old man who doesn't look like any movie star.But I would like to look like a young Jeffery Hunter,or if I had a sex change INA would be a good start!!

In the 1970s I was told I looked like singer Tom Jones. Now I look more like a Humperdinck.

> Tom Jones now looks like Harpo Marx :)

That's hilarious!

It could spawn another thread -

What celebrities could've been separated at birth?

(Aside from timeline considerations).

How about Marty Feldman and...

well...um...

er...

I heard guy on the radio a few years ago say, "The older Neil Young gets, the more he looks like Jack Elam."

I've been told in the past that I look like Pier Angeli. Than they told me I look like

Elizabeth Taylor....I don't buy that one. I've also been told I look like Greta Garbo.

Great thread...I've always wanted to be able to see things through someone else's eyes...People have told me I look like JM J. Bullock, Dolph Lundgren, Tommy Tune, Clint Eastwood, Stan Laurel, "Lurch" from "The Addams Family," Christopher Walken and David Bowie...

> I've been told in the past that I look like Pier

> Angeli.

Did they also tell you that you look like Marissa Pavan? She is Angeli's twin sister.

I could never tell them apart -- good thing they were generally in separate films.

I think looking like either one of them is definitely a "good thing."

"...People have told me I look like JM J. Bullock, Dolph Lundgren, Tommy Tune, Clint Eastwood, Stan Laurel, "Lurch" from "The Addams Family," Christopher Walken and David Bowie..."

Are you a chameleon?

My mom looks exactly like Kim Novak - she is still stopped to this day and asked for autographs. In his youth, my father resembled Desi Arnaz. When my mom and pop had me, Kim and Desi created ... Marilyn Monroe. Two days do not go by where I am not stopped and told I look exactly like Monroe. When I don't wear makeup, I am told, "If you put on makeup, you would look like Marilyn Monroe!" Once I attended a party not knowing it was a costume affair - and I took home the first prize for being Monroe! The only downside - I am an attorney, and a corporate one at that.

I came across an interestingly timely (huh?) article in Sunday's Chicago Tribune

Parade magazine. A short little paragraph entitled:

SURFIN' SAFARI

myheritage.com

DO YOU LOOK LIKE DREW BARRYMORE-OR MORE LIKE DREW CAREY? THIS SITE, DESIGNED TO HELP PEOPLE ASSEMBLE FAMILY TREES,

HAS A WHIMSICAL SIDE. IT LETS YOU UPLOAD PICTURES OF YOURSELF

OR FRIENDS AND FACIAL RECOGNITION SOFTWARE SORTS THROUGH 3,200 PIX OF CELEBRITIES TO FIND MATCHES. ISAAC HAYES OR GABBY HAYES?

- Jeff Lyon

I haven't checked the site out yet but it sounds fun.

When I was a teenager I looked alot like Audrey Hepburn, she was my hero with that long skinny neck. Now I look like my mother.

My brother looks just like Robin Williams in The Birdcage.

My sister is looking more like Buddy Hacket everyday.

My uncle looks just like William Shatner, now

My husband looked like a cross between Harrrison Ford and Geaorge Clooney 30 years ago now he looks like Lee Marvin, which is ok with me.

When I was much younger, I was told I was a spitting image of Lee Marvin, dipped in chocolate!

Now that I am older, I have lost those craggy looks, and am now told by one and all that I very

much resemble and behave like a jovial James Earl Jones on one of his worst hair days - oh, how I

long for the Lee Marvin days!

I personally feel I now look much more like a tan Wallace Beery in Pancho Villa - that's me all over,

personality and all!!!

No brag, just fact!!!

Have a good one!!!

Do not worry about James Earl Jones on a bad day...if you sound like him we women will agree we can always close our eyes!!!

(I would now tickle you if I was there!)

Anybody ever tell you that you look like a particular movie star? My Dad resembled Gregory Peck in his youth, then aged into Ronald Reagan. My father-in-law has a passing resemblance to Paul Newman.

Who have you been told you resemble? Anybody?

Message was edited by:

LuckyDan

At various times (starting about twenty-five years ago) I've gotten:

Christopher Reeve (before his accident, of course) -- no.

Desi Arnaz, jr. -- no.

John Travolta -- don't think so.

Harold Ramis -- a bit closer to the truth.

Richard Belzer -- god help me.

CineSage...Harold Ramis IMO was pretty good looking last time I saw him. I think he's better looking than all the others on your list...except Richard. I'm not that blind yet. I'm sure you have to be much nicer looking!