Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

THE MATING GAME

What a Sunday night treat! The Mating Game! Wonderful roles played by entire cast. Brilliant performance by Paul Douglas as "Pops". Great Cole Porter song, "Ive Got You, Under My Skin". Quite a treat for those of the 'Class of '59'!

After having tried to sit through that Doris Day thing earlier on Sunday and developing a nervous twitch, I watched a bit of "The Mating Game" with great pleasure.

Debbie Reynolds is one of the few perky little actresses who can bubble and sparkle, and jump around with boundless energy, who doesn't make me want to retch. Her pairing with Tony Randall was an inspired one. I saw some Reynolds bio or other on TV a while back in which he had nothing but great things to say about working with her.

I love that she's made a second and even third career out of playing Moms on TV. To me she is an ideal modern sitcom Mom. She was great fun in "Connie and Carla."

• 2 weeks later...

This is one of my all-time favorite movie comedies, and I'm glad to see others that feel the same. Tony Randall really shines in this one. And, of course, Debbie Reynolds is a delight. The dialog is clever and it ends just as everyone wants it to.

Terrence.

• 4 months later...