Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The modern musical "La La Land" won the top prize Saturday night at the annual Producers Guild of America Awards. The Best Theatrical Motion Picture award was presented to its producers, Fred Berger, Jordan Horowitz and Marc Platt.

"La La Land," written and directed by Damien Chazelle, stars Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone (pictured below). The film may have inched closer to winning the Academy Award for Best Picture at the 89th Oscars ceremony on February 26, 2017.

rs-la-la-land-3d3a431a-8329-4539-b953-51

Two projects derived from "The Trial of the Century" -- the 1994-95 murder case against Pro Football Hall of Famer O.J. Simpson -- won PGA Awards. Named Best Documentary Feature was "O.J.: Made in America," Ezra Edelman's acclaimed 464-minute documentary about the American football hero-turned-murder suspect. The film was shown in theaters and presented on television as a five-part series on ESPN and ABC. 

Meanwhile, the award for Best TV Movie/Limited Series went to the FX production "The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Horror Story."

The Netflix series "Stranger Things" (featuring Millie Bobby Brown, pictured below, as a mysterious preteen) was named Best Drama Series.

180716-stranger-things-firestarter-02-59

The complete list of winners is as follows:

FILM

Best Picture
“La La Land”

Best Animated Feature
“Zootopia”

Documentary Feature
“O.J.: Made in America”

TELEVISION

Best Comedy Series
“Atlanta”

Best Drama Series
“Stranger Things”

Best TV Movie/Limited Series
"The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Horror Story"

Best Variety Series
“Last Week Tonight with John Oliver”

Best Reality Series
“The Voice”

Best Non-Fiction Television
“Making a Murderer"

Best Children’s Program
“Sesame Street”

Best Sports Program
(tie) “Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel” and “VICE World of Sports”

Best Digital Series
“Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee”
  • Like 1

Actress Lily Tomlin will receive the Screen Actors Guild's Life Achievement Award tonight at the organization's 23rd annual ceremony. It will be televised live by sister cable channels TBS and TNT beginning at 8 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.

The veteran actress and comedienne also is nominated in the Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Comedy Series category for her Netflix show "Grace and Frankie."

Tomlin's special award will be presented by her co-stars from the 1980 screen comedy "9 to 5" -- Jane Fonda and Dolly Parton.

170117093354-lily-tomlin-jane-fonda-doll
Fonda, Tomlin and Parton will be reunited for the annual Screen Actors Guild Awards 

The contemporary drama "Manchester by the Sea" leads all other film contenders with four nominations. Following with three nominations each are the screen dramas "Fences" and "Moonlight." The musical "La La Land," considered the tilm to beat at the Academy Awards next month, received only nominations for lead actors Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone.

A full list of the nominees is as follows.

MOTION PICTURES

Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture
"Captain Fantastic"
"Fences"
"Hidden Figures"
"Manchester by the Sea"
"Moonlight"

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Leading Role
Casey Affleck, "Manchester by the Sea"
Andrew Garfield, "Hacksaw Ridge"
Ryan Gosling, "La La Land"
Viggo Mortensen, "Captain Fantastic"
Denzel Washington, "Fences"

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role
Amy Adams, "Arrival"
Emily Blunt, "The Girl on the Train"
Natalie Portman, "Jackie"
Emma Stone, "La La Land"
Meryl Streep, "Florence Foster Jenkins"

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Supporting Role
Mahershala Ali, "Moonlight"
Jeff Bridges, "Hell or High Water"
Hugh Grant, "Florence Foster Jenkins"
Lucas Hedges, "Manchester by the Sea"
Dev Patel, "Lion"

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role
Viola Davis, "Fences"
Naomie Harris, "Moonlight"
Nicole Kidman, "Lion"
Octavia Spencer, "Hidden Figures"
Michelle Williams, "Manchester by the Sea"

Outstanding Action Performance by a Stunt Ensemble 
"Captain America: Civil War"
"Doctor Strange"
"Hacksaw Ridge"
"Jason Bourne"
"Nocturnal Animals"

TELEVISION

Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series
"The Crown"
"Downton Abbey"
"Game of Thrones"
"Stranger Things"
"Westworld"

Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series
"The Big Bang Theory"
"Blackish"

"Modern Family"
"Orange Is the New Black"
"Veep"

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Drama Series
Sterling K. Brown, "This Is Us"
Peter Dinklage, "Game of 
Thrones"
John Lithgow, "The Crown"
Rami Malek, "Mr. Robot"
Kevin Spacey, "House of Cards"

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Drama Series
Millie Bobby Brown, "Stranger Things" 

Claire Foy, "The Crown" 
Thandie Newton, "Westworld"
Winona Ryder, "Stranger Things" 
Robin Wright, "House of Cards"

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Comedy Series
Anthony Anderson, "Blackish"
Tituss Burgess, "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt" 

Ty Burrell, "Modern Family"
William H. Macy, "Shameless"
Jeffrey Tambor, "Transparent"

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Comedy Series
Uzo Aduba, "Orange Is the New Black"
Jane Fonda, "Grace and Frankie"
Ellie Kemper, "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt"
Julia Louis-Dreyfus, "Veep"
Lily Tomlin, "Grace and Frankie"

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a TV Movie or Miniseries
Riz Ahmed, "The Night Of"
Sterling K. Brown, "The People vs. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story"
Bryan Cranston, "All the Way"
John Turturro, "The Night Of"
Courtney B. Vance, "The People vs. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story"

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a TV Movie or Miniseries
Bryce Dallas Howard"Black Mirror"
Felicity Huffman, "American Crime"
Audra McDonald, "Lady Day at Emerson’s Bar and Grill"
Sarah Paulson, "The People vs. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story"
Kerry Washington, "Confirmation"

"Game of Thrones" 
""Daredevil"
"Luke Cage"
"The Walking Dead"
"Westworld"

UPDATE: The Iranian filmmaker Asghar Farhadi has decided not to attend the Academy Awards next month in the aftermath of President Trump's controversial ban on citizens of seven predominantly Muslim countries, including Iran.

Farhadi, whose 2011 drama "A Separation" won the Oscar for Best Foreign Language Film, is nominated again in the category for his picture "The Salesman."

In a statement first published in The New York Times, Farhadi declared that he would not try to enter the United States even if exceptions were made for him.

“To humiliate one nation with the pretext of guarding the security of another is not a new phenomenon in history and has always laid the groundwork for the creation of future divide and enmity," he said in the statement. "I hereby express my condemnation of the unjust conditions forced upon some of my compatriots and the citizens of the other six countries trying to legally enter the United States of America and hope that the current situation will not give rise to further divide between nations.” 

In addition to Iran, the president's executive order placed a 90-day ban on citizens of Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen.

Meanwhile, "The Salesman," the story of a Tehran couple who go through changes when they move into a new apartment, did well during its opening weekend in New York and Los Angeles. 

18_wide-6c7774c3d7f61aa3e53e28e101331daa

Farhadi confers with cinematographer Mahmoud Kalari while filming "The Past" (2013)

Here is a list of the winners from the 23rd annual Screen Actors Guild Awards, which was telecast live on Sunday by cable channels TBS and TNT: 

MOTION PICTURES

Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture
"Hidden Figures"

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Leading Role
Denzel Washington, "Fences"

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role
Emma Stone, "La La Land"

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Supporting Role
Mahershala Ali, "Moonlight"

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role
Viola Davis, "Fences"

"Hacksaw Ridge"

TELEVISION

Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series
"Stranger Things"

Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series
"Orange Is the New Black"

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Drama Series
John Lithgow, "The Crown"

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Drama Series
Claire Foy, "The Crown" 

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Comedy Series
William H. Macy, "Shameless"

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Comedy Series
Julia Louis-Dreyfus, "Veep"

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a TV Movie or Miniseries
Bryan Cranston, "All the Way"

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a TV Movie or Miniseries
Sarah Paulson, "The People vs. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story"

"Game of Thrones" 

SAG Life Achievement Award

Lily Tomlin 

Casey Affleck's performance in the drama "Manchester by the Sea" has earned him a total of 39 Best Actor awards from critics' groups and other organizations. But is it possible that he's no longer the front runner for an Academy Award?

denzel-washington-7d58843b-c112-4664-962

Washington won his first Screen Actors Guild Award Sunday 

The race for the Best Actor Oscar may have tightened Sunday with Denzel Washington's surprise win at the 23rd annual Screen Actors Guild Awards. Washington, who had never won a SAG Award for acting in four previous nominations, was named Best Male Actor in a Leading Role for his performance in "Fences." Washington also directed and co-produced the film, based on the 1987 Pulitzer Prize and Tony Award-winning play by the late August Wilson.

The winner of the SAG Best Actor Award has gone on to win the Best Actor Oscar 18 of 22 times. Since February 2005, the SAG winner also has picked up the Oscar for 12 consecutive years.

An Oscar win by Washington next month would be this third, tying him with Daniel Day-Lewis, Jack Nicholson and Walter Brennan for the most golden statuettes won by an actor. Washington previously won Academy Awards for 1989 (Best Supporting Actor in "Glory") and 2001 (Best Actor in "Training Day").

There has been a vocal campaign to cast Casey Affleck as a sexual predator for the past few weeks which may be having some effect. Affleck was sued by two women several years ago on the grounds of sexual harassment on the set of one of his movies, and he settled out of court. Many people, most notably TV actress Constance Wu, have started a social media campaign to remind everyone about it, and to proclaim that since Affleck settled, he must be guilty, and that no one of conscience should vote for him for any further awards.

I still think he'll win the Oscar, but I wouldn't be completely shocked if he didn't.

• Like 1

When Academy Award nominations were announced last week, none of the nine films in the Best Picture category had earned more than $100 million domestically. Now there are two.

The musical "La La Land," which tied the record for most Oscar nominations with 14, has now earned $106,693,300 million, according to boxofficemojo.com. The film is now playing in 3,136 theaters.

Also reaching the $100 million level is "Hidden Figures," which scored a surprising victory Sunday night at the 23rd annual Screen Actors Guild Awards. The film, which won the award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture, has now grossed $104,024,969 million in 3,416 theaters.

Meanwhile, the Best Picture nominee "Arrival" could join the two other films soon. Since its release on November 11, 2016, the sci-fi thriller has grossed $97,328,639 million in 3,115 theaters.

landscape-1485784885-gettyimages-6330594

Octavia Spencer, Taraji P. Henson, Janelle Monáe and Kirsten Dunst celebrate SAG wins Sunday

Here is a look at the fortunes so far of the other Best Picture nominees on a domestic basis (according to boxofficemojo.com):

• "Hacksaw Ridge" -- $65,949,727 million (2,971 theaters)
  • "Fences" -- $50,822,683 million (2,368 theaters)
  • "Manchester by the Sea" -- $41,568,878 million (1,213 theaters)
  • "Hell or High Water" -- $27,007,844 million (1,505 theaters)
  • "Lion" -- $19,718,591 million (600 theaters)
  • "Moonlight" -- $17,714,851 million (1,104 theaters)

Jody Lee Lipes was robbed. He certainly deserved a Best Cinematography nod for Manchester by the Sea. I much preferred his work on this film to Moonlight's cinematography, which I did mostly like, and as I mentioned earlier, the trailer for Silence looked like a 2016 visual cliche. Everything blue-toned! How original and imaginative . . . NOT.

To King Rat, don';t believe I ever wrote to you as yet?

As is stands now  that battle will certainly vs. for "LA LAN LAND'_(again) & "Silence"  Though early & my final predictions of the winners could be revised to (until "Post time"  & days bore the "SHOW")

"LA LA LAND"

I had had *Scorsese's epic way atop of my list of 2016 release-(seen almost every film he's made, *Oscars or not, since (1982!)

But, typically local theaters are now pulling the epic, to make room for all these "asinine" kiddie movies coming out/

ALSO, they are even releasing "Moonlight?" & "Fences"-(which had made oif $50m. already & despite it's awards & *Oscar shots was also pulled in about 5 local Tampla Bay FL. theaters? :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

When Academy Award nominations were announced last week, none of the nine films in the Best Picture category had earned more than $100 million domestically. Now there are two.

The musical "La La Land," which tied the record for most Oscar nominations with 14, has now earned $106,693,300 million, according to boxofficemojo.com. The film is now playing in 3,136 theaters.

Also reaching the $100 million level is "Hidden Figures," which scored a surprising victory Sunday night at the 23rd annual Screen Actors Guild Awards. The film, which won the award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture, has now grossed $104,024,969 million in 3,416 theaters.

Meanwhile, the Best Picture nominee "Arrival" could join the two other films soon. Since its release on November 11, 2016, the sci-fi thriller has grossed $97,328,639 million in 3,115 theaters.

Octavia Spencer, Taraji P. Henson, Janelle Monáe and Kirsten Dunst celebrate SAG wins Sunday

Here is a look at the fortunes so far of the other Best Picture nominees on a domestic basis (according to boxofficemojo.com):

• "Hacksaw Ridge" -- $65,949,727 million (2,971 theaters)
  • "Fences" -- $50,822,683 million (2,368 theaters)
  • "Manchester by the Sea" -- $41,568,878 million (1,213 theaters)
  • "Hell or High Water" -- $27,007,844 million (1,505 theaters)
  • "Lion" -- $19,718,591 million (600 theaters)
  • "Moonlight" -- $17,714,851 million (1,104 theaters)

WOOPS BUDDY! Not only according the boxoffice mojo, but most other sources cite "H. Ridge" as currently being between $65 & $70m. gross U.S. ticket sales

(A COMPLAINT: In all the years I forecasted & or handicapped *Oscar, if a film was up for BP *Oscar, it would then get an immediate theatrical release the very same week, that was if it was not already on video/dvd. Not know, despite grossing "Fences" it's been pulled for this era. "Moonlight" didn't even get a wide release?

& Beside's breaking all other records, "La La Land" will likely top out at approx $175 miilion    Which is not an *ACADEMY record, but it shows even more-so has somewhat beloved it is

& for others that don't want to a musical, it starts out that way & basically ends up a drama between these 2 people

(A COMPLAINT: In all the years I forecasted & or handicapped *Oscar, if a film was up for BP *Oscar, it would then get an immediate theatrical release the very same week, that was if it was not already on video/dvd. Not know, despite grossing "Fences" it's been pulled for this era. "Moonlight" didn't even get a wide release?

& Beside's breaking all other records, "La La Land" will likely top out at approx $175 miilion    Which is not an *ACADEMY record, but it shows even more-so has somewhat beloved it is

& for others that don't want to a musical, it starts out that way & basically ends up a drama between these 2 people

In my area, we usually don't get the Oscar winning best picture at our theater until after the awards show. La La Land didn't come to our theater, but if it wins Best Picture, we probably will get it. As for Moonlight, I have the Blu Ray pre-ordered on Amazon, where it had a street date of Feb 28. However the street date has now been changed to an undetermined date, as they are most likely waiting to see how it fares at the Oscars and whether a theatrical re-release will be profitable.

Lion (2016) is the story of a boy who is separated from his poor family in India and is subsequently adopted by a couple living in Australia.  When he grows to be a man he begins a quest to find his natural mother in India.  This ought to be a really good film but I found it to be quite boring.  The dramatic balance was all wonky and I quickly lost interest along the way.  Dev Patel who plays the young man has been nominated in the supporting actor category for many awards.  This is yet another case of putting someone who has little chance of winning a lead acting award in the supporting category to enhance their chances.  Nicole Kidman offers a competent performance as usual.

I have now seen all 9 of the films nominated for the Best Picture Oscar.  The only film that would make any sort of list of recommended films by me would be Manchester by the Sea.  Martin Scorsese's Silence is still currently the best film from 2016 that I have seen.

I have now seen all 5 of the nominees for the Best Supporting Actress Oscar.  Viola Davis in Fences is arguably the best acting of the lot but hers is clearly a lead performance so I feel it unfair to compare it with the others.  Naomie Harris in Moonlight would be my choice for this award.

There has been a vocal campaign to cast Casey Affleck as a sexual predator for the past few weeks which may be having some effect. Affleck was sued by two women several years ago on the grounds of sexual harassment on the set of one of his movies, and he settled out of court. Many people, most notably TV actress Constance Wu, have started a social media campaign to remind everyone about it, and to proclaim that since Affleck settled, he must be guilty, and that no one of conscience should vote for him for any further awards.

I still think he'll win the Oscar, but I wouldn't be completely shocked if he didn't.

Wu stars as the irrepressible Jessica Huang in the ABC sitcom "Fresh Off the Boat." If she's anything in real life like her TV character, then Casey Affleck is in for a world of trouble!

99f6e17cbf9f130948b19836286a700c.jpg

I've been curious about that SAG "Outstanding Cast" category.  I mean....how far down the billing totem pole does it go so a performer is allowed to attend and pick up the statue?  I assume you must have a SAG-AFTRA card but what if you have only one scene or a handful of lines?  Kirsten Dunst? Really?

I have now seen all 9 of the films nominated for the Best Picture Oscar.  The only film that would make any sort of list of recommended films by me would be Manchester by the Sea.  Martin Scorsese's Silence is still currently the best film from 2016 that I have seen.

I have now seen all 5 of the nominees for the Best Supporting Actress Oscar.  Viola Davis in Fences is arguably the best acting of the lot but hers is clearly a lead performance so I feel it unfair to compare it with the others.  Naomie Harris in Moonlight would be my choice for this award.

To Bogie56,  you must be fairly  $loaded$ huh, to be able to see all these in a first run release

& good goin' against the others in regard to "Silence"-(L. Maltin also things it was snubbed a lot)-(check out his site for a lotta' old & new stuff  (leonardmaltinsmoviecrazy.com) & did anyone see this gargage website in Roger Ebert's name?

Starting in 1982, I averaged over 56 new releases in a theatre & I never count going back to a film either, as I did w/"E.T."-(2 times),  *"Titanic"-(3 times), "Pvt. Ryan" (2), "GoodFellas-(3)  "P. Fiction"-(3), *Schindler's List"-(twice), *"Platoon" (also three visits),  but the last new release I went to twice was the vastly underrated "Cinderella Man" (05)   too-much has changed though as most reading this know  $prices$, quality, seemingly approx. 75% is now a comic book film adaptation, sequel, well you know what I mean

THANK YOU ;)

To LawrenceA, Bogie56, Jakeem, I've seen this guy on those "TCM Wine Club" commercials & it's not Ben Mankiewicz of course, but the other individual that apparently many like a lot & wish he'd now also host the network

I forget his name  & exactly when did he host?

THANX

(P.S. & is there somekind of link to locate his all-time favs?)

Throughout *AMPAS history though it's always greatly helped an actual leading work being squeezed into the lesser race  I think the very first & most glaring example of this was the wonderful lady-like & almost age 93 now *Eva Marie Saint in *"Waterfront" 

Many other examples as well. *J. Connelly in *"A Beautiful Mind"  *Marcia Gay Harden in "Pollack"  Streep in *"Kramer" & so on

Also earlier *Matthau won s. actor for "The Fortune cookie?"

Throughout *AMPAS history though it's always greatly helped an actual leading work being squeezed into the lesser race  I think the very first & most glaring example of this was the wonderful lady-like & almost age 93 now *Eva Marie Saint in *"Waterfront" 

Many other examples as well. *J. Connelly in *"A Beautiful Mind"  *Marcia Gay Harden in "Pollack"  Streep in *"Kramer" & so on

Also earlier *Matthau won s. actor for "The Fortune cookie?"

The modern musical "La La Land" won the top prize Saturday night at the annual Producers Guild of America Awards. The Best Theatrical Motion Picture award was presented to its producers, Fred Berger, Jordan Horowitz and Marc Platt.

"La La Land," written and directed by Damien Chazelle, stars Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone (pictured below). The film may have inched closer to winning the Academy Award for Best Picture at the 89th Oscars ceremony on February 26, 2017.

rs-la-la-land-3d3a431a-8329-4539-b953-51

Two projects derived from "The Trial of the Century" -- the 1994-95 murder case against Pro Football Hall of Famer O.J. Simpson -- won PGA Awards. Named Best Documentary Feature was "O.J.: Made in America," Ezra Edelman's acclaimed 464-minute documentary about the American football hero-turned-murder suspect. The film was shown in theaters and presented on television as a five-part series on ESPN and ABC. 

Meanwhile, the award for Best TV Movie/Limited Series went to the FX production "The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Horror Story."

The Netflix series "Stranger Things" (featuring Millie Bobby Brown, pictured below, as a mysterious preteen) was named Best Drama Series.

180716-stranger-things-firestarter-02-59

The complete list of winners is as follows:

FILM

Best Picture
“La La Land”

Best Animated Feature

“Zootopia”

Documentary Feature

“O.J.: Made in America”

TELEVISION

Best Comedy Series

“Atlanta”

Best Drama Series

“Stranger Things”

Best TV Movie/Limited Series
"The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Horror Story"

Best Variety Series
“Last Week Tonight with John Oliver”

Best Reality Series

“The Voice”

Best Non-Fiction Television

“Making a Murderer"

Best Children’s Program

“Sesame Street”

Best Sports Program

(tie) “Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel” and “VICE World of Sports”

Best Digital Series

“Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee”

IT'S WAY OVER NOW SPORTS FANS!  I already see it sweeping 8 to 9 *Academy awards

Let's hope the lovely ladies from Hidden Figures take advantage of the constructive criticism from our group and rock some old-style Hollywood glamor for Oscar night. "Hidden Figures" doesn't exactly describe Taraji P. Henson's get-up. Why did Janelle Monae go for the Mouseketeer ears hairdo and the dress that looks like crushed egg cartons? Octavia Spencer is in "But I always heard black was slenderizing" country. Maybe a royal blue for Octavia, or whatever shade of blue shows off her skin tones best. Either Janelle Monae or Taraji P. Henson could easily be the most stunning-looking woman on the red carpet. Neither needs to go for gimmicks to get noticed.

To LawrenceA, Bogie56, Jakeem, I've seen this guy on those "TCM Wine Club" commercials & it's not Ben Mankiewicz of course, but the other individual that apparently many like a lot & wish he'd now also host the network

I forget his name  & exactly when did he host?

THANX

(P.S. & is there somekind of link to locate his all-time favs?)

Are you referring to Eddie Muller, the film noir enthusiast and author who hosted the "Summer of Darkness" series on TCM in June and July of 2015? There was a thread on this site about his Wine Club spots. 

Just do a Google search to retrieve information about him.

EddieMuller_470x3502.jpg

Let's hope the lovely ladies from Hidden Figures take advantage of the constructive criticism from our group and rock some old-style Hollywood glamor for Oscar night. "Hidden Figures" doesn't exactly describe Taraji P. Henson's get-up. Why did Janelle Monae go for the Mouseketeer ears hairdo and the dress that looks like crushed egg cartons? Octavia Spencer is in "But I always heard black was slenderizing" country. Maybe a royal blue for Octavia, or whatever shade of blue shows off her skin tones best. Either Janelle Monae or Taraji P. Henson could easily be the most stunning-looking woman on the red carpet. Neither needs to go for gimmicks to get noticed.

It's all subjective, isn't it? Taraji and Octavia both made Best Dressed lists and Worst Dressed lists. I've only seen good comments about Janelle's Chanel outfit and Kirsten's Dior gown.

To me, the worst dressed was Natalie Portman, who looked as if she was wearing a big white tent. Then again, she had an excuse. She's very, very pregnant.

rs_1024x759-170129171237-1024.Natalie-Po

I've been curious about that SAG "Outstanding Cast" category.  I mean....how far down the billing totem pole does it go so a performer is allowed to attend and pick up the statue?  I assume you must have a SAG-AFTRA card but what if you have only one scene or a handful of lines?  Kirsten Dunst? Really?

Dunst became an A-list actress because of the "Spider-Man" movies of the early 2000s. She also won the Best Actress Award at Cannes for Lars von Trier's 2011 film "Melancholia." In addition, she's the fifth-billed star of "Hidden Figures" -- listed between Kevin Costner and Jim Parsons. There was no way she wasn't getting a SAG Award.

kirsten-dunst-hidden-figures.jpeg