Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The first actor/actress that comes to mind..

Kenneth Branagh in DEAD AGAIN (1991), he plays an American very convincingly. I read an article where he said he moved to Los Angeles for awhile and would spend time hanging out in grocery stores listening to how Americans spoke.

Next: costarred with Mr. Branagh

next  :  actor or actress who "never made a bad move" on screen. I.E. letter perfect in every respect. I have only two, both actresses, but this is a highly s subjective thing, of course.

thanks, tb

• Like 1

Miriam Hopkins. There is never a false movement or false utterance of dialogue. She always gives a very calculated performance. I find her very entertaining.

Next: someone else who is letter perfect

My two are Emma Thompson and Kate Winslet. I may be able to come up with others but these two were impressed upon me without having to think about it. Breathtakingly competent, both.

Mariam Hopkins was great indeed, though I have a problem with the one movie with Bette (Old Acquaintance or another with Bette about the same time) where she was overacting. Her character, however, did require that and I think that she might have been directed (to a fault) to do that. She is brilliant in Carrie (1953) being really an acid-toned vindictive wife.

Next  :  someone else again who was 'letter perfect'

• Like 1