Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The first actor/actress that comes to mind..

Paulll

Michael Sacks. Had a relatively short, but pretty impressive, list of film roles. Ended up as a very successful technology executive. Had degrees from Harvard and Columbia. I'm not sure he ever intended acting to be his life goal.

Next: In your opinion the most overrated movie star of all time. There are no wrong answers. 

• Like 1

I think Cary Grant is one of the most overrated. Instead of developing more of a dramatic range (glimpsed in only one or two films), he often relied on the charming rom-com shtick. Plus I don't think he was a very nice bloke in real life.

Next: wanted an Oscar badly, but never received one

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

I think Cary Grant is one of the most overrated. Instead of developing more of a dramatic range (glimpsed in only one or two films), he often relied on the charming rom-com shtick. Plus I don't think he was a very nice bloke in real life.

Next: wanted an Oscar badly, but never received one

I think John Wayne was painful to watch on the screen. Flat affect. Dull as dirt appearance. I cannot think of a single role of his that wouldn't have been improved on by almost any other actor. Fonda, Cooper, Heflin, Bronson, Robards ..and later, Nicholson, Jeff Bridges (better Rooster Cogburn than Wayne's), Hackman, Shepard.....heck Javier Bardem would have been better in most of Wayne's roles. 

As for your query.....Glenn Ford wanted a nomination as much as anyone in Hollywood and never got one...let alone a win.

Next: Actress with a very underappreciated singing voice when not thought of as a singer first. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, _Broadway_ said:

Errol Flynn

Next:

Is well known for voice acting, as well as movie acting.

I didn't know that. Excellent answer.

As for yours I'll go with Owen Wilson or Tom Hanks.

Next: Actress whose voice does not match her appearance.

June Allyson -- at 5'1" and just a tiny little slip of a thing, I've always thought her deep, smoky voice to be contrary to her appearance

June-Allyson-1946.png

Next: actor whose voice you recognize immediately, even if you're getting a snack from the fridge instead of watching...