Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Jeff Flake is going to vote for Kavanaugh, even though he is not running for re-election.

More importantly, Martin Schram has a compelling column re: Brett Kavanaugh and his actitivities during the Bill Clinton investigations.  Reasons why Kavanaugh is unfit to sit on the Supreme Court.  Basically he participated in or came up with a plan to entrap Pres. Clinton when they could not find evidence of an actual crime.  They misused (abused) Monica Lewinsky in this entrapment attempt.

https://www.roanoke.com/opinion/wire/martin-schram-senators-must-reconsider-kavanaugh-s-lewinsky-case-judgment/article_c2560984-a381-50c5-8357-5d95cf512142.html

Seth AbramsonVerified account @SethAbramson 9m9 minutes ago

5/ COONS said he and FLAKE agreed the FBI would look at the Ford allegations "and others";

TRUMP said he'd let MCCONNELL decide;

MURKOWSKI said she was with FLAKE;

that left MCCONNELL without the votes he needs, unless FLAKE folds.

But now GRAHAM says he's fine with FLAKE's view.

I fear the new Flake thing is being orchestrated by the Mafia Judiciary Committee. The GOP are afraid that they have overplayed their hand and the blowback might be too severe, even in the light of the importance of seating K. They have decided it's worth to have an FBI investigation so they can say later, "Well, we did it, what are you complaining about now." By insisting that it be a "limited" investigation they know it will be compromised and still have time to get the vote done in time. Graham agreeing with Flakes "reversal" is a dead giveaway.

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, laffite said:

I fear the new Flake thing is being orchestrated by the Mafia Judiciary Committee. The GOP are afraid that they have overplayed their hand and the blowback might be too severe, even in the light of the importance of seating K. They have decided it's worth to have an FBI investigation so they can say later, "Well, we did it, what are you complaining about now." By insisting that it be a "limited" investigation they know it will be compromised and still have time to get the vote done in time. Graham agreeing with Flakes "reversal" is a dead giveaway.

I can't help smelling a rat too.  Let's see how fast Trump* gets off the mark to start this 'one week' process.

The dems missed their chance to ask K if he would be willing to take a lie detector test, as Dr. Ford did.  I would have liked to see his flustered reaction and his silent appeal to Grassey for help.  K seems to much of a golly-gee goof to be on the supreme court.  

His face is getting hard to look at. The hurt face so full of entitlement being threatened. Some said on TV yesterday that K received a call from T, ordering him to be angry with his rebuttal questioning. I don't think K knows himself well enough to know what to do. He has never had to fight his own battles.

To the other point, the confrontation on the elevator is going viral and that can be more blowback for the Cabal if they vote quickly. I believe they have noted that well. It seems obvious that Flake voted against conscience due to pressure from other members. Let's call it what it is, bullying.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:
Opinion
Brett Kavanaugh, disrobed
As millions have now seen, the judge is aggressive and belligerent when stone-cold sober.
By Dana Milbank  •  Read more »
  a2063537cea1d76c7aea9684622f3799-320-0-70-8-K2W3AOGDDII6RMZYUMUJ63FXII.jpg

Opinion

The most telling moment: Kavanaugh goes after Sen. Klobuchar
Kavanaugh is too angry.
By Jennifer Rubin  •  Read more »
  836fa8729fa6eb36816972945091e6db-320-0-70-8-ZUT2M4FTF47Y5JHUKG2O4C5WLM.jpg

of course he was aggressive...

senator crapo asked how would anyone react if allegations that you were some sort of teen sex fiend serial gang rapist were thrown at you 36 years later?

I think that 9 out of 10 men would have reacted the way that brett Kavanaugh has.

7 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:
Opinion
Brett Kavanaugh, disrobed
As millions have now seen, the judge is aggressive and belligerent when stone-cold sober.
By Dana Milbank  •  Read more »
  a2063537cea1d76c7aea9684622f3799-320-0-70-8-K2W3AOGDDII6RMZYUMUJ63FXII.jpg

Opinion

The most telling moment: Kavanaugh goes after Sen. Klobuchar
Kavanaugh is too angry.
By Jennifer Rubin  •  Read more »
  836fa8729fa6eb36816972945091e6db-320-0-70-8-ZUT2M4FTF47Y5JHUKG2O4C5WLM.jpg

Once this sham investigation is done and we are no further than we are now, except that the Gop will have something to brag about, these two points will be easily forgotten.

2 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

senator crapo asked how would anyone react if allegations that you were some sort of teen sex fiend serial gang rapist were thrown at you 36 years later?

I think that 9 out of 10 men would have reacted the way that brett Kavanaugh has.

But 9 out of 10 are not being considered for the Supreme Court? There is obviously a different standard. Haven't you ever  heard the expression, "...sober as a judge." ?

:lol:

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
33 minutes ago, laffite said:

His face is getting hard to look at. The hurt face so full of entitlement being threatened. Some said on TV yesterday that K received a call from T, ordering him to be angry with his rebuttal questioning. I don't think K knows himself well enough to know what to do. He has never had to fight his own battles.

To the other point, the confrontation on the elevator is going viral and that can be more blowback for the Cabal if they vote quickly. I believe they have noted that well. It seems obvious that Flake voted against conscience due to pressure from other members. Let's call it what it is, bullying.

Flake is 55 and I suspect looking for something in the future from Republicans.

7 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

Maybe 9 out of 10 men that you know, but 9 out of 10 in the general population would not have.  99 out of 100 college educated, professional, religious ones would not have either.  As usual your standards are so low that you cannot even see bottom.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, TheCid said:

Maybe 9 out of 10 men that you know, but 9 out of 10 in the general population would not have.  99 out of 100 college educated, professional, religious ones would not have either.  As usual your standards are so low that you cannot even see bottom.

I always take into account that most people will behave in a perfectly understandable human manner when wronged.

why should brett Kavanaugh be controlled and dignified by such egregious character assassination that touches every member of his family?

why do I opt for Kavanaugh and against blasey ford? that's easy. I've lived long enough to know that given enough time over a period of years a 'good' therapist can easily manipulate a willing impressionable patient into believing almost anything.

26 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

K revealed himself to be an angry petulant conspiracy theory nutjob who hates liberals.   That may be okay for Trump's* base but this guy is supposed to be Judge.  He sucks.

• Thanks 2

Appears it is up to Collins (R), Flake (R), Murkowski (R), Heitkamp (D) and Manchin (D).  Two of the five will make it happen.  I predict all five will vote in favor of Kananaugh based on current information.  IF there is an FBI investigation, it would have to issue a report with clear-cut, strong evidence against Kavanaugh for any to change their votes.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2018/politics/kavanaugh-supreme-court-whip-count/?wpisrc=nl_most&wpmm=1&noredirect=on

14 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

why should brett Kavanaugh be controlled and dignified by such egregious character assassination that touches every member of his family?

Because he wants to be a Justice on the Supreme Court of the United States.

• Like 4
14 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

Because he wants to be a Justice on the Supreme Court of the United States.

If we can have a pathetic, swaggering, wannabe dictator pigs, like our presidents, I guess we can have belligerent, alcoholic, fratboy women molesters as Supreme Court Judges. There is a consistency there, though one that is leading us down the road of degradation (with a capital D).

What happens if the FBI investigation comes back saying they could not find anything conclusive, but need more time to do an appropriate investigation?  One week?  It will take them that long to pick who will do it, who does what and so forth.  Don't forget McConnell, Trump, Sessions and all the rest will be watching very closely and especially at which agents and personnel do what.

• Thanks 1
53 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

K revealed himself to be an angry petulant conspiracy theory nutjob who hates liberals.   That may be okay for Trump's* base but this guy is supposed to be Judge.  He sucks.

One correction; he also hates moderates.

• Thanks 2

Trump on the American Bar Association and their request for an investigation of K:

" The Bar Association is probably... the worst association ever over a long period of time. Terrible stuff from the standpoint of bars. Very bad for our country! You take a look at what Hillary has done with bars... bad stuff folks. We will build a big beautiful bar, and Mexico’s gonna pay for it, believe me. Here’s the thing — my uncle was a chocolate bar by the way — very rectangular, very good genes. I know probably a lot more about bars than any one else for a long period of time from the standpoint of clocks. It’s true. You know, they call me they say, “can you believe it?” It’s true, many are saying it and they can’t believe it. But you look at — by the way! — China has a lot of respect for your favorite president. Tremendous respect for his very large brain. Bigly sized brain, many are saying it. A tremendous success from the standpoint of winning."

From the politics thread at reddit. Great satire and sadly accurate.

• Haha 2