Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

On 10/15/2020 at 3:05 PM, Cinemartian said:

Less is more- The older generation(possibly yours) were/are big on medicine - pill for this, treatment for that(all the while taking horrible care of yourselves through the 1950's 60's and 70's!) - I assume you take pills every morning - I don't and don't plan on it either

To me life is hard - I do what I need to do and don't depend on any institution to take care of me - I am grateful and highly skeptical of any system - including government -  If I drink and smoke - its my problem not some ACA fund! I don't want to be a burden on society and neither should YOU!

So to answer your question - If and when I have gotten ill - I ride it out and leave it to nature which get's it's way regardless of doctors and medicine(look at Edward Van Halen) - the greatest doctors do no harm and work with whats in front of them

That is the biggest problem with our healthcare, most ailments are SELF INFLICTED - smoking, high risk active lifestyle (i.e. sky diving / mountain climbing), drugs, alcohol, STD's from banging everyone around, etc.  Yes it's a burden  if they expect society to pay for their care.

There is an old saying...You made your bed, sleep in it!

Do I cry for those  smokers on TV with COPD saying how far their oxygen hose will go?  Hell NO!

On 10/15/2020 at 4:38 PM, jamesjazzguitar said:

If you really refuse treatment,  my hat is off to you and your stance towards ACA is valid.

I.e. one shouldn't have to pay into a system they are NOT going to use.   BUT I hope you would agree most uninsured peopl e want to NOT pay into the healthcare system, but when they have health issues expect someone else to PAY for their treatments (typically by going to an E.R. room which has the highest cost).    I call those folks deadbeats  and in fact that would be 70% of my single male friends.    They have money for drugs, booze and cigs but not to pay a health insurance premium.       But you appear to be unique and, really,  if true,  that is praiseworthy.  

Wait until he gets older or really sick.

5 minutes ago, ElCid said:

Wait until he gets older or really sick.

Which is why I said if one really sticks to this POV,  my hat is off to them,  BUT,  as you note 99% will NOT.

Like most of my single male friends;   never go to the doctor for annual check-up (not even once a decade!).   Never had a blood test.   No colonoscopy at age 50,,, etc...

Now we are getting in our late 50s \ early 60s and some are just dying of heart failure or colon cancer  (that could have been delayed \ prevented),  others are just feeling 10 years older than they really are.      Of course they seek treatment that they pay little to nothing for (either before because they never paid into the "system"  or now because they are just making it and their parents are NOT there to pay their bills!).

10 hours ago, ElCid said:

I lived in my small deep red town for 30 years and they have always had curbside voting.  They even do it for early voting. 

Unfortunately with a Tweet, there is no substance.  There is nothing to show the Supreme Court's rationale in their decision.  One of their considerations is that elections are controlled by the states and they usually do not interfere unless it is a violation of federal laws.

".........The vote was 5 to 3, with the court’s more conservative members in the majority.

The court’s brief, unsigned order gave no reasons, which is typical when it rules on emergency applications,

and it said the order would remain in effect while appeals moved forward.

In dissent, Justice Sonia Sotomayor, joined by Justices Stephen G. Breyer and Elena Kagan, said the state’s policy discriminated against older and disabled voters........"

see: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/21/us/supreme-court-curbside-voting-alabama.html

:wacko:

- SCOTUS can get away with giving "NO REASONS" ???

• Sad 1

Let’s Count All the Errors and Lies in Brett Kavanaugh’s Defense of Voter Suppression

"..........By deploying so many falsehoods in his 18-page opinion, Kavanaugh sent a signal to lower court judges: Uphold voter suppression at all costs, even if you have to ignore or contort the factual record to do it. Trump’s dozens of hackish judicial nominees will hear this message loud and clear.

At least one member of the Supreme Court is willing to construct a fantasy world that is utterly detached from our grim reality of mass disenfranchisement.

If we cannot trust the justices to tell the truth now, why should we believe them if they decide the election next week?"

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/10/brett-kavanaugh-voter-suppression-wisconsin-mistakes.html

<_<

• Thanks 1