• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mr6666

SCOTUS battles

Chucky is getting some flak for not using some of his $20

million war chest to help other candidates, especially in

the Senate race in Florida, which is relatively close. Schumer

is ahead in his own race by about 40 points.

One factor the Dems have to consider is that in 2018 about 25 Dem senators will be up for reelection vs. very few Republicans.  Whatever happens this year, 2018 is going to be a problem for them.

One factor the Dems have to consider is that in 2018 about 25 Dem senators will be up for reelection vs. very few Republicans.  Whatever happens this year, 2018 is going to be a problem for them.

That's why if anyone is going to retire from SCOTUS they retire in the first 2 years (if Hillary wins). Hopefully Ginsburg is pondering this.......I'm sure Kennedy will hold out until the GOP controls the Senate.........

2018 will be a tough year. That's just the way the numbers work

out sometimes. If the Dems win control this year, Schumer better

not spend a lot of time and effort decorating his office.

2018 will be a tough year. That's just the way the numbers work

out sometimes. If the Dems win control this year, Schumer better

not spend a lot of time and effort decorating his office.

True. No doubt the GOP will obstruct all they can the first two years as well. Then run on that so they can can get the majority. Same thing happened with Obama. The public blamed HIM.

• Like 1

True. No doubt the GOP will obstruct all they can the first two years as well. Then run on that so they can can get the majority. Same thing happened with Obama. The public blamed HIM.

And the House will be there to do their bit too. Gridlock ahead.

YEP. Am sure more gov't shut downs ahead............

They did?

Why is his approval rating so high?

If Trump wins, you can bet he'll do his best to push in any court appointees HE approves of, AND the party as well.  All while now complaining how the ELECTION is "rigged", Like HE won't EVER "rig" ANYTHING once he gets in! 

Hell, his WHOLE LIFE has been about how he "rigs" things to be in his favor.

Sepiatone

• Like 1

Giuliani on the list for SC?  Maybe AG now than Christie is out of the running.

Giuliani on the list for SC?  Maybe AG now than Christie is out of the running.

Heaven help us!!!

SInce the GOP stalled Obama's choice for a year w/out even a hearing. Schumer should do the same. t-t for tat. Let's make it 4 years.

SInce the GOP stalled Obama's choice for a year w/out even a hearing. Schumer should do the same. t-t for tat. Let's make it 4 years.

I don't believe Schumer has the authority to do it.  Just as they cannot stall the votes on the Trump appointments.

I don't believe Schumer has the authority to do it.  Just as they cannot stall the votes on the Trump appointments.

I'm sure he's working on something...........

I'm sure he's working on something...........

right! let him do the mr. smith routine. :lol:

right! let him do the mr. smith routine. :lol:

Mr. Smith won and the "villan" committed suicide.

Mr. Smith won and the "villan" committed suicide.

proving that claude rains had a conscious. give donny trump that same benefit of the doubt. :P

After Trump nominee Neil Gorsuch had refused to comment on how Merrick Garland was treated by Senate Judiciary Republicans, Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-VT) went off.

Leahy said:

"Since this committee began holding hearings, public hearings for Supreme Court nominations in 1960, I wasn’t here at that time, but it has never denied a hearing or a vote to a pending nominee ever until Chief Judge Garland. I can express an opinion. I think it is shameful. I think it has severely damaged the reputation of this committee.....

It becomes more of a problem because it appears the president outsourced your selection to the far right big money special interest groups. You may not like that terminology, but even Republican Senators have praised the fact that the president had gone to this group, and had a list when he was running for office of who he could select from. A list not prepared by him, but by these special interest groups, and they have an agenda,..."

http://www.politicususa.com/2017/03/21/democratic-senator-trump-supreme-court-nominee-special-interest-tool.html

• Like 3

Al Franken scolds Gorsuch: ‘I had a career in identifying absurdity and I know it when I see it-

Sen. Al Franken (D-MN) called out Judge Neil Gorsuch, President Donald Trump’s Supreme Court nominee, on Tuesday for what he said was a “absurd” ruling against a truck driver who was fired after nearly freezing due to malfunctioning equipment.

At a Senate confirmation hearing on Tuesday, Franken reminded Gorsuch that he had ruled to uphold the firing of a truck driver who abandoned his malfunctioning trailer because he was freezing while waiting for hours for his company to provide assistance.

Franken pointed out that Gorsuch had come to his conclusion using the “plain meaning rule” without considering another standard that said courts should depart from the rules when it created an “absurd result.”....

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/03/al-franken-grills-gorsuch-i-had-a-career-in-identifying-absurdity-and-i-know-it-when-i-see-it/

• Like 1

proving that claude rains had a conscious. give donny trump that same benefit of the doubt. :P

A Serial Sexual Predator doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt.

A Serial Sexual Predator doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Are you talking about Bill Clinton again?

I don't know, is he the president again? Why are we still bringing the Clintons up? Can't get enough?

• Like 2

I don't know, is he the president again? Why are we still bringing the Clintons up? Can't get enough?

If we're talking about Clinton, he must be the president again and I'm 30 years younger!

Highway--

If you just want to live in the past, then you're not going to be able to face the present or prepare for the future.

• Like 1