Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I contacted Lindsay Graham and Tim Scott (SC) re: doing due diligence on the Kavanaugh hearings and making sure everyone had time to access and read all pertinent documents.  Graham responded within two hours (very, very unusual) with a statement that he fully supports Kavanaugh and will vote for him.

• Thanks 1
On 9/2/2018 at 6:20 PM, mr6666 said:

better argument here.........  :)

Kamala HarrisVerified account @KamalaHarris 20h20 hours ago

Remember that this president is an unindicted co-conspirator in a felony criminal investigation

and should NOT have the ability to appoint someone to a lifetime position on the Supreme Court.

Kavanaugh's hearing should be delayed until the investigation is resolved.

This is more proof of how some people let their personal bias interfere with them doing their duty.  Until he is impeached and convicted, dies or resigns, he can nominate anyone he wishes to.

Furthermore, who said he was "an unindicted co-conspirator in a felony criminal investigation?"  Unless Mueller or some other appropriate person has, then it ain't so.  Also, for what "felony" is he unidicted?

16 minutes ago, TheCid said:

This is more proof of how some people let their personal bias interfere with them doing their duty.  Until he is impeached and convicted, dies or resigns, he can nominate anyone he wishes to.

Furthermore, who said he was "an unindicted co-conspirator in a felony criminal investigation?"  Unless Mueller or some other appropriate person has, then it ain't so.  Also, for what "felony" is he unidicted?

It seems the Stormy Daniels payment may be the charge most likely to stick with Trump. It could be a major violation of campaign finance law. Though I agree that Trump has to actually go in court before anything is official. Until then it is just wishful thinking.

27 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

Andrew HarnikVerified account @andyharnik

Fred Guttenberg, the father of Jamie Guttenberg who was killed in the shooting in Parkland, Fla., left, tries to shake hands with @realDonaldTrump's Supreme Court nom., Brett Kavanaugh, right, during a lunch break. Kavanaugh did not shake his hand. (AP Photo/Andrew Harnik) @ap

DmRNAHFX0AE4b1Q.jpg

Fred GuttenbergVerified account @fred_guttenberg

Just walked up to Judge Kavanaugh as morning session ended. Put out my hand to introduce myself as Jaime Guttenberg's dad.

He pulled his hand back, turned his back to me and walked away. I guess he did not want to deal with the reality of gun violence.

10:03 AM - 4 Sep 2018

25 minutes ago, Gershwin fan said:

It seems the Stormy Daniels payment may be the charge most likely to stick with Trump. It could be a major violation of campaign finance law. Though I agree that Trump has to actually go in court before anything is official. Until then it is just wishful thinking.

I remember the Nixon controversy and it was much clearer which laws had been violated and how and by whom.  then they referenced unindicted (unnamed) co-sonspirators.  

Has Mueller or anyone else actually referred to unindicted co-conspirtors?  Lot of people (media and their consultants mostly) are talking about the crimes Trump  may have committed.  As for Stormy Daniels, has Mueller or anyone else charged someone with the payments being a violation of a specific Federal campaign law?

10 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

Jess DweckVerified account @TheDweck 4h4 hours ago

Please, we must maintain decorum and proper order to ram through the Supreme Court pick of the rapist game show host before he’s indicted for a federal crime

<_< 

Just to be pedantic, has the "rapist game show host" been convicted of rape?  

2 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Andrew HarnikVerified account @andyharnik

Fred Guttenberg, the father of Jamie Guttenberg who was killed in the shooting in Parkland, Fla., left, tries to shake hands with @realDonaldTrump's Supreme Court nom., Brett Kavanaugh, right, during a lunch break. Kavanaugh did not shake his hand. (AP Photo/Andrew Harnik) @ap

DmRNAHFX0AE4b1Q.jpg

Judge Kavanaugh doesn't like to mix with the "little people." He's far too

important for that.

I believe the unindicted co-conspirator comes from Cohen's guilty plea. Trump is not named but

instead it's been made known as a candidate for federal office. IOW, Donny.

• Like 1

Hawaii senator mazie hirono's remarks to Kavanaugh were reprehensible. she basically said that when Kavanaugh raises his hand to give sworn testimony that he's going to lie for his own political self-interest.

that female pos owes him an apology.

I wonder how she would react as a scotus nominee if someone said that kinda sheet to her.

:angry:

11 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

Hawaii senator mazie hirono's remarks to Kavanaugh were reprehensible. she basically said that when Kavanaugh raises his hand to give sworn testimony that he's going to lie for his own political self-interest.

Maybe...what did the male pos say in response?

• Haha 2
25 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

I believe the unindicted co-conspirator comes from Cohen's guilty plea. Trump is not named but

instead it's been made known as a candidate for federal office. IOW, Donny.

Has Mueller or other prosecutor actually used the phrase "unindicted co-conspirator?"  Just because Cohen plead guilty or Manafort got convicted, does mean there are unindicted co-conspirators.  As I recall during the Nixon investigations, the Special Prosecutor actually used the phrase.

. @KamalaHarris: "Judge Kavanaugh I am concerned whether you would treat every American equally or instead show allegiance to the political party and the conservative agenda that has shaped and built your career. I am concerned that your loyalty would be to the president."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Common Dreams @commondreams 3h3 hours ago

What We Know About the Money Behind Brett Kavanaugh’s Confirmation Fight

- https://goo.gl/HBkPPU  #StopKavanaugh

Here’s a breakdown of who’s spending that money and how.

The conservative Judicial Crisis Network dominates ― by far.

Most of the TV ad spending supports Kavanaugh.

A group controlled by Trump’s closest advisers is deeply involved.

Kavanaugh ads are focused on vulnerable Democrats.

And it’s not just TV ads. It’s social media, too.

https://www.commondreams.org/views/2018/09/04/what-we-know-about-money-behind-brett-kavanaughs-confirmation-fight?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=socialnetwork

39 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

Senator Dick DurbinVerified account @SenatorDurbin 3h3 hours ago

The future of the ACA and coverage for pre-existing conditions are at stake with the nomination of Judge Kavanaugh – and his views on this landmark law are clear. #WhatsAtStake

DmRkLHEWsAELwh4.jpg

Yea,  Dick that is what happens when a party can't win a Presidential election by putting up one of the worst prepared candidates in recent memory.    Just do your duty and vote NO but stop the silly whining.     

• Like 1
2 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

I wonder how she would react as a scotus nominee if someone said that kinda sheet to her.

:angry:

Nippy, I've got to give the Hawaiian Senator Hirono some credit because she took your mind off the California Senator Harris. You usually spend a lot of time discussing that particular senator. If I can recall, it seems like Senator Harris got the ball rolling in Kavanaugh's "confirmation" hearing.

It's good to see women involved in discussions concerning the rights and health of women in America.