Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Warner's Paul Newman DVD Collection Due November 14

The Paul Newman Collection Seven-disc set with new-to-DVD "Harper," "The Drowning Pool," "The Left Handed Gun," "Mackintosh Man," "Pocket Money," "Somebody Up There Likes Me" and "The Young Philadelphians"; $59.92. "Harper" will be available separately for $19.97. (Warner).

* Harper(1966)

Commentary by screenwriter William Goldman, introduction by TCM host Robert Osborne.

* Drowning Pool (1975)

Vintage featurette "Harper Days Are Here Again."

* The Left Handed Gun (1958)

Commentary by Penn.

* The Mackintosh Man (1973)

Vintage featurette "John Huston: The Man, the Myth, the Moviemaker."

* Pocket Money (1972)

* Somebody Up There Likes Me (1956)

Commentary by Newman, Robert Loggia, Wise, Martin Scorsese and film historian Richard Schickel.

* The Young Philadelphians (1959)

Commentary by Sherman and film historian Drew Casper.

I am only interested in HARPER and THE YOUNG PHILADELPHIANS. Unfortunately the latter is not available separately. Wish they had included THE RACK and THE HELEN MORGAN STORY instead of MACKINTOSH MAN and POCKET MONEY. I have no interest in these two films.

• 3 months later...

If you haven't bought this collection for yourself or as a Christmas present for someone else yet:

Enter today for your chance to win it!

The Paul Newman Collection (from Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. and Turner Entertainment Co.) includes the following DVDs:

* Harper (1966)

* Pocket Money (1972)

* The MacKintosh Man (1973)

* The Drowning Pool (1975)

@ my website - http://www.classicfilmguide.com/index.php?s=movie_indexA

If you haven't bought this collection for yourself or as a Christmas present for someone else yet:

Enter today for your chance to win it!

The Paul Newman Collection (from Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. and Turner Entertainment Co.) includes the following DVDs:

* Harper (1966)

* Pocket Money (1972)

Enter before December 12, 2006!

I know I should post this in the dvd forum, but I got this set about a month ago. So far, I've watched "Harper" and "The Drowning Pool". My father has watched "The Left Handed Gun" and I have to say, all the movies look excellent. "The Young Philadelphians" and "Somebody Up There Likes Me" I'll hopefully get to watching this week, but I've been saying that for the past two weeks, so.

My only complaint is the little slimline cases WB uses for the box sets. I hate those! I'm guessing they're going to use those for any box sets they put out from now on.

Despite that, I'm thrilled I layed out the money to get this. The only thing that could have made this set better would have been with the inclusion of 1963's "The Prize" with Edward G. Robinson, Elke Sommer and Paul Newman's scene at the nudist meeting. That would have been a great addition to this set.

I've just completed the last of my reviews for the films in this collection (available by clicking the title of each on the sweepstakes giveaway webpage).

Last chance to win this DVD collection; contest expires tomorrow!

* Harper (1966)

* Pocket Money (1972)

Enter before December 12, 2006!