Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hibi

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DORIS DAY!

...would also love to hear the mag's promised details in re: "MERYL STREEP: HER YOUNGER YEARS."

(Some anecdotes about her witnessing the signing of the Magna Carta, no doubt.)

LOL. I'll let you know if I can find it............

"Closer" could be the title of a magazine with articles about effective sales techniques.

I'd prefer the title "CLOSER: BUT NOT TOO CLOSE."

I'd especially want to give Burt Reynolds his personal space.

"Closer" could be the title of a magazine with articles about effective sales techniques.

Now THAT would fly off the racks............

Is Burt known for his B.O.?

LOL. Well, when you are 94, I can understand.............talk about bad plastic surgery (Burt).

• Like 2

Is Burt known for his B.O.?

No his BA- BAD ATTITUDE.

He slapped a reporter at the premiere for THE LONGEST YARD remake not long ago.

Plus, I mean, it's Burt. You just don't crowd out Burt.

LOL. Well, when you are 94, I can understand.............talk about bad plastic surgery (Burt).

The sad thing is, that looks like an old EVENING SHADE promo photo that they darkened the brows and mustache on.

Remember a few years back when he suddenly became Korean?

• Like 1

No his BA- BAD ATTITUDE.

He slapped a reporter at the premiere for THE LONGEST YARD remake not long ago.

Plus, I mean, it's Burt. You just don't crowd out Burt.

Slapped? Was it a female reporter? Real men usually throw punches.

Now that I look at it again, I think so. A bit too thick for natural.......

Now that I look at it again, I think so. A bit too thick for natural.......

UM, YEAH.

I think instead of photoshop, they just straight-up used a Sharpie.

• Like 1

UM, YEAH.

I think instead of photoshop, they just straight-up used a Sharpie.

Kinda looks like her hair on her book photo and tv show credits....

Doris wore wigs all the time on her tv show and clip on hair. You can tell. she had her bangs then you can see wear the fall or wig begins. Marlo Thomas did the same thing on alot of episodes of That Girl

In with Six You Get Eggroll there's even a scene with Doris putting rollers in her wig.Wigs were very popular in the '60's and '70's, just as hair extensions are popular now.

It's funny, I never noticed Marlo's when I was little, but they are OBVIOUS now. That helmet hair! LOL.

Doris wore wigs all the time on her tv show and clip on hair. You can tell. she had her bangs then you can see wear the fall or wig begins. Marlo Thomas did the same thing on alot of episodes of That Girl

In with Six You Get Eggroll there's even a scene with Doris putting rollers in her wig.Wigs were very popular in the '60's and '70's, just as hair extensions are popular now.

Yes, I remember that scene in eggroll. Funny.

What kind of magazine is this? A new competitor to PEOPLE and US? 

I've seen this magazine a lot in the grocery store.  It seems to be a rather new publication as I have only seen it at the checkstand in the last two years or so.  As far as I can tell, it mostly focuses on golden era celebrities.  There is usually some teaser title like "LUCY: WHAT SHE WAS REALLY LIKE AT HOME" or something like that.  I read the one that focused on Lucy & Desi (I think the title said something like "LUCY & DESI: BEHIND THE SCENES OF THEIR TUMULTUOUS MARRIAGE" or something like that).  It seemed to regurgitate the same tabloid information that I had already heard about their relationship.  Nothing new there.  It seems like it's really just tabloid fodder that focuses on digging up old dirt on Golden Age of Hollywood celebrities. 

• Like 1

Yes, I remember that scene in eggroll. Funny.

I like the scene in 'Eggroll' when she's trying to put the curlers in her wig and then it ends up getting wet and she tells her maid to put her wig in the oven.  Then she's wearing that insane shower cap that looks like a chrysanthemum and then she ends up covered in yellow bathtub paint. 

When Brian Keith, her date for the house party, shows up a little early and Doris appears in the living room in a yellow stained bathrobe, her crazy shower cap, her face covered in cold cream and holding her soggy wig (I think), it always cracks me up.  Makes a great first impression.

• Like 1

I've seen this magazine a lot in the grocery store.  It seems to be a rather new publication as I have only seen it at the checkstand in the last two years or so.  As far as I can tell, it mostly focuses on golden era celebrities.  There is usually some teaser title like "LUCY: WHAT SHE WAS REALLY LIKE AT HOME" or something like that.  I read the one that focused on Lucy & Desi (I think the title said something like "LUCY & DESI: BEHIND THE SCENES OF THEIR TUMULTUOUS MARRIAGE" or something like that).  It seemed to regurgitate the same tabloid information that I had already heard about their relationship.  Nothing new there.  It seems like it's really just tabloid fodder that focuses on digging up old dirt on Golden Age of Hollywood celebrities. 

It must be a west coast thing, i'm in all sorts of grocery and drug stores all over the Southeast and I don't recall seeing it anywhere.

It must be a west coast thing, i'm in all sorts of grocery and drug stores all over the Southeast and I don't recall seeing it anywhere.

Are people in 2016 really interested in how Ann Harding kept herself thin?

Not at all - - I live in the Midwest and I used to read this magazine all the time in the grocery store.

Several months ago they had a terrific article about a book written by Judy Garland's assistant.

I haven't seen it lately because I've gotten addicted to self checkout.

I like the scene in 'Eggroll' when she's trying to put the curlers in her wig and then it ends up getting wet and she tells her maid to put her wig in the oven.  Then she's wearing that insane shower cap that looks like a chrysanthemum and then she ends up covered in yellow bathtub paint. 

When Brian Keith, her date for the house party, shows up a little early and Doris appears in the living room in a yellow stained bathrobe, her crazy shower cap, her face covered in cold cream and holding her soggy wig (I think), it always cracks me up.  Makes a great first impression.

Yes, that whole sequence is hilarious. Everything goes wrong!

Now, that you mention it, I remember seeing that. I just didn't notice the magazine. So it is around here in my area. I'll look tonight when I hit the grocery store.........

Not at all - - I live in the Midwest and I used to read this magazine all the time in the grocery store.

Several months ago they had a terrific article about a book written by Judy Garland's assistant.

I haven't seen it lately because I've gotten addicted to self checkout.

Thanks for reminding me of that book. (Judy) I meant to buy it on Amazon then forgot.to follow through.....

Seems I already bought it (months ago) Now I have to find out where it is. I don't remember opening the package (LOL). So glad Amazon keeps your buying history..........

Now, that you mention it, I remember seeing that. I just didn't notice the magazine. So it is around here in my area. I'll look tonight when I hit the grocery store.........

Hopefully, your grocery store doesn't have a security guard. He'd tell you that the magazines are for buying, not browsing.