Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Classic Films with a Gay Twist

On 11/18/2019 at 9:18 AM, jinsinna13 said:

The Skulls (2000)

Gay college student Lucas McNamara (Joshua Jackson) belongs to an elite secret society called The Skulls, and he believes its leader (Paul Walker) murdered his lover (James Van Der Beek).

Paul Walker looks gorgeous in this film which is filled with homoerotic tension...

• 3 weeks later...

Secret Admirer (1985)

A pregnant teen (C. Thomas Howell) gets a love letter from a secret admirer and believes the love letter is from either the captain of the football team (William Zabka) or his longtime crush (Ralph Macchio).

I wish they actually made this movie. 😉

• Confused 1
11 hours ago, jinsinna13 said:

Secret Admirer (1985)

A pregnant teen (C. Thomas Howell) gets a love letter from a secret admirer and believes the love letter is from either the captain of the football team (William Zabka) or his longtime crush (Ralph Macchio).

I wish they actually made this movie. 😉

And how did C Thomas Howell get pregnant was it a miracle or aliens?!

• Like 1
12 hours ago, jaragon said:

And how did C Thomas Howell get pregnant was it a miracle or aliens?!

Well, I'm guessing it probably happens when C. Thomas Howell first reads the love letter, and he doesn't realize it until a few months later. I'm guessing it was a miracle.

Jaragon, I'm sorry if I confused you in any way. Sometimes, when I post in this thread, I put my own spin on what I think should've happened in those movies. This was one of those times.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, jinsinna13 said:

Well, I'm guessing it probably happens when C. Thomas Howell first reads the love letter, and he doesn't realize it until a few months later. I'm guessing it was a miracle.

Jaragon, I'm sorry if I confused you in any way. Sometimes, when I post in this thread, I put my own spin on what I think should've happened in those movies. This was one of those times.

Oh I was just kidding and I do like how you spin these gay twist so please keep doing them

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Where The Heart Is (2000)

A 17-year-old boy (Joshua Jackson) runs away from home because he is constantly abused by his father. Afraid his father will find him, he seeks refugee first in Walmart and then with a lesbian couple (Stockard Channing and Sally Field).

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Romance On The High Seas (1948)

Peter Virgil (Jack Carson), a gay private investigator, is hired by Michael Kent (Don DeFore) to shadow his lover, Ethan (Dick Powell), while Ethan is on a cruise. Unbeknownst to them, Ethan enlists nightclub singer, George (Dean Martin), to travel under his name.

• Like 1

The Young Philadelphians (1959)

Promising lawyer Anthony Judson Lawrence (Paul Newman) tries to handle his professional problems while juggling a relationship with girlfriend Joan Dickinson (Barbara Rush) and a secret love affair with close friend Chet (Robert Vaughn).

• Like 2

Funny you brought this up because I just came across The Young Philadelphians in a search for gay movies, which confused me a little until I remembered Adam West and his "problem" consummating the marriage. In those days I think "impotency" was frequently used as code for homosexuality and somebody within my cable system must have finally decoded it.  Anyway, I like your alternative storyline. One of my favorite Newman films and he was near the height of his beauty in those years.

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

While The City Sleeps (1956)

Edward Mobley (Dana Andrews) seduces Walter Kyne (Vincent Price) in order for Walter to consider his friend and colleague, John Day Griffith (Thomas Mitchell), for the position of Executive Director.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Risky Business (1983)

After black transvestite Jackie  (Bruce Young) leaves, naive young Joel  (Tom Cruise) cannot stop thinking about him.  Joel calls him back, and they go out on a date together,  and afterwards Jackie turns Joel out.  They rent an apartment downtown, and move in together. In order to pay the rent, Jackie turns Joel into a street-hustler, and pimps him out.

• Haha 1

Some of these seem to be made up and others, like Red River, are more realistic.  Johnny Guitar is said to have lesbian overtones and David Wayne's character in Adam's Rib, in spite of his "love" for Amanda, is supposedly gay.  Cat on a Hot Tin Roof - Paul Newman's character is supposedly homosexual and, in The Young Philadelphians (think that is the name - it is about lawyers and also stars Newman, Adam West's character is a homosexual).

So, if we are making up movie plots or revising them, in Born Yesterday (Happy Birthday Judy Holliday), does William Holden fall for Broderick Crawford?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ronnoco28 said:

Risky Business (1983)

After black transvestite Jackie  (Bruce Young) leaves, naive young Joel  (Tom Cruise) cannot stop thinking about him.  Joel calls him back, and they go out on a date together,  and afterwards Jackie turns Joel out.  They rent an apartment downtown, and move in together. In order to pay the rent, Jackie turns Joel into a street-hustler, and pimps him out.

This is a very different movie

28 minutes ago, chaya bat woof woof said:

Some of these seem to be made up and others, like Red River, are more realistic.  Johnny Guitar is said to have lesbian overtones and David Wayne's character in Adam's Rib, in spite of his "love" for Amanda, is supposedly gay.  Cat on a Hot Tin Roof - Paul Newman's character is supposedly homosexual and, in The Young Philadelphians (think that is the name - it is about lawyers and also stars Newman, Adam West's character is a homosexual).

So, if we are making up movie plots or revising them, in Born Yesterday (Happy Birthday Judy Holliday), does William Holden fall for Broderick Crawford?

The idea is to take a classic movie plot and find a way to tell the story but with a gay protagonist- of course some are easier to do than others

How about The Philadelphia Story?  Cary Grant and Jimmy Stewart run off together.  Since I referred to Paul Newman, we can revise Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.  Who cares about Etta, Newman and Redford do more than rob trains, etc.!

• Like 1

Just a question - a bit off topic.  Is there a separate topic for real life people who were homosexual but not played as such in the movies?  Could be bisexual also.  For example, in the movie Bonnie and Clyde, they made the couple seem like lovers.  However, from what I've read, he preferred men.  Of course, this could fall under a general topic of movies and their adaptations of real life events.  The whole Earp Clanton feud was covered differently in different newspapers.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, chaya bat woof woof said:

How about The Philadelphia Story?  Cary Grant and Jimmy Stewart run off together.  Since I referred to Paul Newman, we can revise Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.  Who cares about Etta, Newman and Redford do more than rob trains, etc.!

The Philadelphia Story is a very good one;     The Grant character loves to drink and can't give that up for the love of a women;    He meets the Stewart character (someone that has never been committed to a women)  and both decide having a good drinking buddy is much more important to them then a women!

• Like 1
18 hours ago, chaya bat woof woof said:

Just a question - a bit off topic.  Is there a separate topic for real life people who were homosexual but not played as such in the movies?  Could be bisexual also.  For example, in the movie Bonnie and Clyde, they made the couple seem like lovers.  However, from what I've read, he preferred men.  Of course, this could fall under a general topic of movies and their adaptations of real life events.  The whole Earp Clanton feud was covered differently in different newspapers.

Interesting you could always start a new topic

15 minutes ago, chaya bat woof woof said:

I like it when other people start topics!

Same here!   I've made over 27 thousand posts,,, but never started a topic.      

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Varsity Blues (1999) is the first where I have two different scenarios.

Scenario #1

After starting quarterback Lance Harbor (Paul Walker) gets injured, openly gay backup quarterback Johnathan "Mox" Moxon takes his place and changes the way the team is run. Homophobic Coach Kilmer (Jon Voight) feels threatened by Mox and will do whatever it takes to sabotage him.

Scenario #2

After starting quarterback Lance Harbor (Paul Walker) gets injured, backup quarterback Johnathan "Mox" Moxon takes his place. Coach Kilmer (Jon Voight) is secretly in love with Lance and physically and emotionally abuses Mox every chance he gets.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...
On 7/22/2020 at 9:41 AM, jinsinna13 said:

Varsity Blues (1999) is the first where I have two different scenarios.

Scenario #1

After starting quarterback Lance Harbor (Paul Walker) gets injured, openly gay backup quarterback Johnathan "Mox" Moxon takes his place and changes the way the team is run. Homophobic Coach Kilmer (Jon Voight) feels threatened by Mox and will do whatever it takes to sabotage him.

Scenario #2

After starting quarterback Lance Harbor (Paul Walker) gets injured, backup quarterback Johnathan "Mox" Moxon takes his place. Coach Kilmer (Jon Voight) is secretly in love with Lance and physically and emotionally abuses Mox every chance he gets.

This sounds hot but lets have someone else play the coach.