Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jaragon

Classic Films with a Gay Twist

The Skulls (2000)

Gay college student Lucas McNamara (Joshua Jackson) belongs to an elite secret society called The Skulls, and he believes its leader (Paul Walker) murdered his lover (James Van Der Beek).

• Like 1

On 11/18/2019 at 9:18 AM, jinsinna13 said:

The Skulls (2000)

Gay college student Lucas McNamara (Joshua Jackson) belongs to an elite secret society called The Skulls, and he believes its leader (Paul Walker) murdered his lover (James Van Der Beek).

Paul Walker looks gorgeous in this film which is filled with homoerotic tension...

Secret Admirer (1985)

A pregnant teen (C. Thomas Howell) gets a love letter from a secret admirer and believes the love letter is from either the captain of the football team (William Zabka) or his longtime crush (Ralph Macchio).

I wish they actually made this movie. 😉

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, jinsinna13 said:

Secret Admirer (1985)

A pregnant teen (C. Thomas Howell) gets a love letter from a secret admirer and believes the love letter is from either the captain of the football team (William Zabka) or his longtime crush (Ralph Macchio).

I wish they actually made this movie. 😉

And how did C Thomas Howell get pregnant was it a miracle or aliens?!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jaragon said:

And how did C Thomas Howell get pregnant was it a miracle or aliens?!

Well, I'm guessing it probably happens when C. Thomas Howell first reads the love letter, and he doesn't realize it until a few months later. I'm guessing it was a miracle.

Jaragon, I'm sorry if I confused you in any way. Sometimes, when I post in this thread, I put my own spin on what I think should've happened in those movies. This was one of those times.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jinsinna13 said:

Well, I'm guessing it probably happens when C. Thomas Howell first reads the love letter, and he doesn't realize it until a few months later. I'm guessing it was a miracle.

Jaragon, I'm sorry if I confused you in any way. Sometimes, when I post in this thread, I put my own spin on what I think should've happened in those movies. This was one of those times.

Oh I was just kidding and I do like how you spin these gay twist so please keep doing them

• Like 1

Where The Heart Is (2000)

A 17-year-old boy (Joshua Jackson) runs away from home because he is constantly abused by his father. Afraid his father will find him, he seeks refugee first in Walmart and then with a lesbian couple (Stockard Channing and Sally Field).

• Like 1

Romance On The High Seas (1948)

Peter Virgil (Jack Carson), a gay private investigator, is hired by Michael Kent (Don DeFore) to shadow his lover, Ethan (Dick Powell), while Ethan is on a cruise. Unbeknownst to them, Ethan enlists nightclub singer, George (Dean Martin), to travel under his name.

• Like 1

The Young Philadelphians (1959)

Promising lawyer Anthony Judson Lawrence (Paul Newman) tries to handle his professional problems while juggling a relationship with girlfriend Joan Dickinson (Barbara Rush) and a secret love affair with close friend Chet (Robert Vaughn).

• Like 2

Funny you brought this up because I just came across The Young Philadelphians in a search for gay movies, which confused me a little until I remembered Adam West and his "problem" consummating the marriage. In those days I think "impotency" was frequently used as code for homosexuality and somebody within my cable system must have finally decoded it.  Anyway, I like your alternative storyline. One of my favorite Newman films and he was near the height of his beauty in those years.

• Like 1

While The City Sleeps (1956)

Edward Mobley (Dana Andrews) seduces Walter Kyne (Vincent Price) in order for Walter to consider his friend and colleague, John Day Griffith (Thomas Mitchell), for the position of Executive Director.

• Like 1

"Bird of Paradise" (1932) A native  (Ramon Navarro) has a forbidden romance with Johnny (Joel McCrea) on tropical island