Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Classic Films with a Gay Twist


Recommended Posts

This Above All (1942)

Aristocratic Prudence Cathaway (Joan Fontaine) shocks her family by coming out as bisexual and enlisting in the WAAFs. She then meets and becomes romantically involved with the depressed widow of a fallen soldier (Claire Trevor) who hates the war.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

"The Shape of Water" (2017)  Ed (Jake Gyllenhaal) a lonely mute who works as maintenance worker at a secret government lab falls in love with an amphibian man  that is being tortured by government agents. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

"Saturn 3"( 1980)  Adam( Kirk Douglass) and his  lover Alex (Mark Harmon) living on a space station near Saturn are visited by Benson ( Harvey Keitel) and his robot Hector who goes out of control when it falls in love with the younger man.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2018 at 8:38 PM, jaragon said:

"Saturn 3"( 1980)  Adam( Kirk Douglass) and his  lover Alex (Mark Harmon) living on a space station near Saturn are visited by Benson ( Harvey Keitel) and his robot Hector who goes out of control when it falls in love with the younger man.

You know I love to see this version done now

Link to post
Share on other sites

"Brigadoon" (1954) Tommy (Gene Kelly) and Jeff (Van Johnson) two straight friends get lost while hunting in the Scottish highlands when they stumble across Brigadoon an all male village with a mysterious secrets.  Tommy and Jeff friendship is tested when Tommy falls for Fionn ( Howard Keel) who wants to take their brobonding to the next level. The musical numbers may look something like this https://youtu.be/zH8xgxmTS0U    :wub:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jaragon said:

"Brigadoon" (1954) Tommy (Gene Kelly) and Jeff (Van Johnson) two straight friends get lost while hunting in the Scottish highlands when they stumble across Brigadoon an all male village with a mysterious secrets.  Tommy and Jeff friendship is tested when Tommy falls for Fionn ( Howard Keel) who wants to take their brobonding to the next level. The musical numbers may look something like this https://youtu.be/zH8xgxmTS0U    :wub:

Were they wearing underwear?

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, jaragon said:

Were they wearing underwear?

When the guy twirls before the "Flashdance" bit there is a flash of his naked bottom- I imagine they wear jocks beneath the kilts - hmm a mystery worth investigating...:rolleyes:

Hopefully, you'll be able to solve this perplexing mystery.

If not, there's the following evidence.

155scotblow.jpg

1410974288244_wps_32_Mandatory_Credit_Ph

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Like Crazy (2011)

Jacob (Anton Yelchin) and Marcus (Armie Hammer) attend college together  in California and fall madly in love. Their love is tested when Marcus's father informs Marcus the whole family is moving to Mississippi due to his job.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Puzzle of a Downfall Child (1970)

Louis Jeffrey Sands (James Darren) is a former model whose story is being filmed for a documentary. The topics include Louis' homosexuality, Louis leaving his ex-fiance, Mark (Roy Scheider), at the altar on their wedding day, his suicide attempt, and his second career as a musician.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Rich Man, Poor Boy (1938)

Wealthy businessman Bill Harrison (Robert Young) marries his lover, Paul (Paul Henreid), who works in a department store. They move in with Paul's family, who don't approve of their marriage, and try to make their marriage work.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
21 hours ago, jaragon said:

"The Sandpiper" (1965) A Episcopal priest (Richard Burton) falls for a free-living artist (Paul Newman).

This made me giggle. In What a Way to Go Newman played a caricature of the free-loving, free-living artist (European version) and, in his paint-splattered jeans and T shirt, he'd be the perfect male stand-in for The Sandpiper.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DougieB said:

This made me giggle. In What a Way to Go Newman played a caricature of the free-loving, free-living artist (European version) and, in his paint-splattered jeans and T shirt, he'd be the perfect male stand-in for The Sandpiper.

I had the same idea in mind- originally I thought of Brando for the artist but that would have been to heavy- Newman is more fun and one can imagine him grabbing Burton and rolling around the surf:rolleyes:

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, jaragon said:

Just imagine Burton instead of McClaine;)

 

Gasp! Thanks for that. I love that it includes the whole art-house foreign movie parody from the What a Way to Go

Newman had the ultimate male body, with perfect definition and tone. So many men's bodies from that era don't pass the test of time under today's standards, but his was timeless.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DougieB said:

Gasp! Thanks for that. I love that it includes the whole art-house foreign movie parody from the What a Way to Go

Newman had the ultimate male body, with perfect definition and tone. So many men's bodies from that era don't pass the test of time under today's standards, but his was timeless.

I like the way they slow down the video and the music makes it a lot sexier- yes Paul Newman is a timeless icon of male beauty

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Executive Suite (1954)

Don Walling (William Holden) runs for president of Tredway Corporation after the unexpected death of its current president. Don has the support of his partner, Marty (Guy Madison), and his co-worker, Fred Alderson (Walter Pidgeon) but homophobic Loren Shaw (Fredric March) gets in Don's way.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jinsinna13 said:

Executive Suite (1954)

Don Walling (William Holden) runs for president of Tredway Corporation after the unexpected death of its current president. Don has the support of his partner, Marty (Guy Madison), and his co-worker, Fred Alderson (Walter Pidgeon) but homophobic Loren Shaw (Fredric March) gets in Don's way.

Holden and Madison as lovers would have been hot

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

A Kiss Before Dying (1956)

Robert Corliss (Robert Wagner) is dating aspiring writer Daniel Kingsley (Robert Vaughn). When Robert finds out Daniel doesn't want to marry him, he rapes and murders Daniel. Robert later dates Daniel's brother, Ethan (Paul Newman).

I can't be the only one who wished this movie was made.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jinsinna13 said:

A Kiss Before Dying (1956)

Robert Corliss (Robert Wagner) is dating aspiring writer Daniel Kingsley (Robert Vaughn). When Robert finds out Daniel doesn't want to marry him, he rapes and murders Daniel. Robert later dates Daniel's brother, Ethan (Paul Newman).

I can't be the only one who wished this movie was made.

 Ira Levin's novel is such a terrific thriller -none of the movie adaptations have come close.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

"An Officer and a Gentleman" (1982) Zack Mayo (Richard Gere) is a tough loner who is having a hard time at the Naval Officer school until he begins an unexpected romance with Paul (Patrick Swayze).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's Fleet Week in NYC- which always makes me think of "On the Town" if this was remade now at least one of those sailors would be gay- curiously in the last Broadway revival the boys remain straight....

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
© 2020 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...