Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"We can beat this guy. We can beat this agenda," the one-time Democratic presidential contender told a sold-out crowd at the Berklee Performance Center in Boston on Sunday.

"But we have to do it in a way that we have never done it before, and it's essentially reaching out to people who do not or may not agree with us on every single issue. We have got to bring people together because we are fighting for the future of this country."

He similarly urged a crowd in South Portland, Maine on Monday: "No, you're not going to give up. You're going to fight back and mobilize."

-Bernie Sanders

http://www.commondreams.org/news/2016/11/22/we-can-beat-guy-sanders-urges-mass-mobilization-against-trump

Cornering Trump on Jobs, Sanders Announces Anti-Outsourcing Bill-

"Sanders' legislation, the Outsourcing Prevention Act, would prevent companies sending jobs overseas from receiving federal contracts, tax breaks, or other financial assistance; claw back federal subsidies that outsourcing companies received over the past decade; impose a tax of either 35 percent of the company's profits or an amount that equals the money saved by moving jobs overseas, whichever is higher; and imposing stiff tariffs on executive bonuses like golden parachutes, stock options, and other gratuities.....

http://www.commondreams.org/news/2016/11/28/cornering-trump-jobs-sanders-announces-anti-outsourcing-bill

• Like 1

Cornering Trump on Jobs, Sanders Announces Anti-Outsourcing Bill-

"Sanders' legislation, the Outsourcing Prevention Act, would prevent companies sending jobs overseas from receiving federal contracts, tax breaks, or other financial assistance; claw back federal subsidies that outsourcing companies received over the past decade; impose a tax of either 35 percent of the company's profits or an amount that equals the money saved by moving jobs overseas, whichever is higher; and imposing stiff tariffs on executive bonuses like golden parachutes, stock options, and other gratuities.....

http://www.commondreams.org/news/2016/11/28/cornering-trump-jobs-sanders-announces-anti-outsourcing-bill

No hiding away crying and raging for Bernie, no sir.

Like I've said for the past year and a half - Bernie is the real thing.

Bernie Sanders: Where We Go From Here-

"There are areas where people like me could work with him: rebuilding the infrastructure, lowering the cost of prescription drugs, re-establishing Glass-Steagall, raising the minimum wage. Those are ideas that we can work on.

Now, was he being totally hypocritical and just saying whatever came to his mind that he thought could attract votes? Or does he believe that?

Where there will not be any compromise is in the areas of racism or sexism or xenophobia or Islamophobia. This country has struggled for too many centuries to try to become a less discriminatory society. We've made progress that we should be proud of, and we're not going back to an era of racism and sexism and discrimination. On that there will not be any compromise....

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/bernie-sanders-where-we-go-from-here-w452786

Bernie Sanders: Where We Go From Here-

"There are areas where people like me could work with him: rebuilding the infrastructure, lowering the cost of prescription drugs, re-establishing Glass-Steagall, raising the minimum wage. Those are ideas that we can work on.

Now, was he being totally hypocritical and just saying whatever came to his mind that he thought could attract votes? Or does he believe that?

Where there will not be any compromise is in the areas of racism or sexism or xenophobia or Islamophobia. This country has struggled for too many centuries to try to become a less discriminatory society. We've made progress that we should be proud of, and we're not going back to an era of racism and sexism and discrimination. On that there will not be any compromise....

If Sanders was really a progressive on social issues he would be against Fundamentalist from all religions for their bigotry, homophobia and sexism.

If Sanders was really a progressive on social issues he would be against Fundamentalist from all religions for their bigotry, homophobia and sexism.

Right. A progressive cannot achieve any semblance of progressive growth in society unless he's working only with other progressives. So, if a non-progressive government is in power, a progressive must sit on his hands and do nothing to achieve progressive goals until the non-progressive is gone from the seat of power. No point even trying to achieve any inch of growth at all because to do so will prove that you aren't really a "progressive."

This makes sense to you, does it?

• Like 1

Right. A progressive cannot achieve any semblance of progressive growth in society unless he's working only with other progressives. So, if a non-progressive government is in power, a progressive must sit on his hands and do nothing to achieve progressive goals until the non-progressive is gone from the seat of power. No point even trying to achieve any inch of growth at all because to do so will prove that you aren't really a "progressive."

This makes sense to you, does it?

Not sure how your reply related to my post.    My point related to how the Dems manage election speak;  they push tolerance expect when it comes to how they view white males but are too afraid to push back against religious fundamentalist (which have values that are directly opposite of progressive values).

E.g.   Clinton could have said:   I'm against immigration from countries where women can't even drive.

Not sure how your reply related to my post.    My point related to how the Dems manage election speak;  they push tolerance expect when it comes to how they view white males but are too afraid to push back against religious fundamentalist (which have values that are directly opposite of progressive values).

E.g.   Clinton could have said:   I'm against immigration from countries where women can't even drive.

Oh, of course - that's what "If Sanders was really a progressive on social issues he would be against Fundamentalist from all religions for their bigotry, homophobia and sexism" is about.

How on earth can anyone not get that?? Sanders not being really a progressive is such an obvious correlation to whatever you're now claiming that reply really meant. 

:wacko:

I guess everyone must know that Sanders is a raging sexist homophobe if he's willing to work on some issues that Trump is also willing to work on - like infrastructure improvement.

• Like 1