Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
darkblue

Bernie Sanders!

Thank you -- so why isn't it HM?   I don't think you have any idea how many people here in NY -- people who might have voted for Bernie -- talk about the great similarities between Trump, Sanders, and their supporters. But the Bernie crowd thinks of themselves as a higher sort of animal -- and doesn't see the comparison. 

There were people in the caucus states, which Bernie mostly won, who would have voted for Hillary but were afraid to vote in a public, non-secret forum, for fear of reprisals from Bernie's supporters. There is real ugliness and dog whistle politics in Bernie's camp, as in Trump's, and I find them both disgusting. And yes -- those waters are indeed filthy!

People were physically intimidated to vote a certain way? Where did you hear this?

People were physically intimidated to vote a certain way? Where did you hear this?

I didn't say that. There have been stories of Hillary voters who were afraid to vote in the caucuses, though, and so didn't vote at all. But here's a kind of relevant story of how Bernie supporters behave:

http://bluenationreview.com/self-appointed-bernie-purists-sit-in-judgment-of-legendary-activists/

http://bluenationreview.com/latino-hillary-supporters-defend-huerta-from-bernie-surrogate-attacks/

On 4/14/2016 at 9:01 PM, Swithin said:

Ah! I know what BS is, but I don't think I've ever seen Horse... referred to as HS. I think Bull... is used more in my neighborhood. It's rare to hear anyone say Horse... around here (in my experience). 

And there was no way you'd ever heard the term "horse****" before, so there was no possible way for you to figure it out. That's 'cause you're really, really smart.

And there was no way you'd ever heard the term "horse****" before, so there was no possible way for you to figure it out. That's 'cause you're really, really smart.

Oh I've heard of it, and heard it used; just never heard it stated as HS the way Bull.. is often stated as BS. 

I didn't say that. There have been stories of Hillary voters who were afraid to vote in the caucuses, though, and so didn't vote at all. But here's a kind of relevant story of how Bernie supporters behave:

Afraid of what? Again, this seems like more overheated hysteria (not on your part swithin, but on the people you've heard this from). Isn't there actually video footage of Hillary yelling at a person who asked her the wrong question? But she gets a pass...why? Sanders gets bashed for things that were unintentionally offensive said by someone other than Sanders, but Hillary can yell at someone who asks her about taking fossil fuel donations, and it's okay? 

• Like 1

Afraid of what? Again, this seems like more overheated hysteria (not on your part swithin, but on the people you've heard this from). Isn't there actually video footage of Hillary yelling at a person who asked her the wrong question? But she gets a pass...why? Sanders gets bashed for things that were unintentionally offensive said by someone other than Sanders, but Hillary can yell at someone who asks her about taking fossil fuel donations, and it's okay? 

That's one example. Like one of Bernie's many, saying if you're not part of his movement, he couldn't care less about you.

Hillary's supporters are more tolerant. This paragraph from The Guardian -- written by a Sanders supporter -- relates to what we're talking about:

"The worst trait of fundamentalists is their insistence that anyone who’s not on board with their revolution is part of a coordinated conspiracy to silence and suppress that revolution. You can watch in real time as any progressive public figure who refuses to openly endorse Sanders – whether or not they also endorse Clinton – gets bombarded by wave after wave of accusations of being on the take."

Just in case there's anyone left who isn't aware of this fact:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/03/07/hillary-clinton-s-hit-men-target-bernie-sanders-at-blue-nation-review.html

"Today (David) Brock, a talented organizer and prolific fundraiser, controls a network of pro-Hillary PACs and nonprofits, including Correct the Record (which polices media criticism of Brock’s favorite candidate and deploys rapid responses), as well as the richly funded pro-Clinton super PAC, American Bridge 21st Century.

In early November, Brock formed a separate Delaware corporation, True Blue Media, LLC, in order to purchase an 80 percent controlling interest in BNR from Moko Social Media, a content creator aimed at high school and college students."

Even if the apostrophe was in the right place in "DIDN'T", that sign would still be one of the most idiotic I've seen yet.

Good lord, but Republicans are dumb.

• Like 2

Thatcher - she was the treasurer for the Adoplh Hitler Memorial Fan Club, right? Her greatest fantasy was to time-travel switch with Eva Braun, wasn't it?

"Bernie Sanders delivered a speech that stuck to his core values of hope change in our politics while stressing that young people are the key to solving issues ranging from income inequality to climate change while speaking at a conference hosted by the Pontifical Academy of Social Sciences.....

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/04/15/bernie-sanders-delivers-stirring-message-hope-opportunity-vatican-conference.html

• Like 1

Bernie Earned Less in Year than Hillary Made in Single Speech

Bernie Sanders reportedly earned just over $200,000 in 2014. That same year, Hillary Clinton, Sanders's top Democratic rival, gave about 45 paid speeches, many of which paid her more in a single hour than Sanders made the entire year.

The Washington Post reports on Sanders's income. "The senator from Vermont reported income of just more than $200,000 on his 2014 returns, according to the first few pages of his federal and Vermont filings, which were shared with The Washington Post back in June. On Friday, the couple is planning to release the rest of the returns, including attached schedules," writes the paper. "The vast majority of the couple's income came from Sanders's $174,000 Senate salary and Social Security benefits that both he and his wife, Jane, a former college president, receive."

Read more Weekly Standard:

http://www.weeklystandard.com/article/2001999

5b0cac70b58b82a507af7f86ad25ac15.jpg

On 4/15/2016 at 4:49 PM, mr6666 said:

Adding the music makes it more emotional - not the most honest way to present it.

But, he does make us cheer - loudly.

No phony is Bernie - he's very real and exactly what the nation needs.

• Like 1

Sanders' plan on post office/banks....

“If you are a low-income person, it is, depending upon where you live, very difficult to find normal banking. Banks don’t want you. And what people are forced to do is go to payday lenders who charge outrageously high interest rates. You go to check-cashing places, which rip you off. And, yes, I think that the postal service, in fact, can play an important role in providing modest types of banking service to folks who need it.”

-Bernie Sanders

'Sanders’ postal banking idea could simultaneously strengthen the USPS and give much needed relief to those who exist on the fringe of financial services access. It would also serve to provide the big banks some competition in the free market they claim to love.

More importantly, postal banking would mean lower service rates and fees for everyone, regardless of if they banked at a post office or not....'

http://usuncut.com/politics/bernie-sanders-postal-banking/

• Like 3

“If you are a low-income person, it is, depending upon where you live, very difficult to find normal banking. Banks don’t want you. And what people are forced to do is go to payday lenders who charge outrageously high interest rates. You go to check-cashing places, which rip you off. And, yes, I think that the postal service, in fact, can play an important role in providing modest types of banking service to folks who need it.”

-Bernie Sanders

'Sanders’ postal banking idea could simultaneously strengthen the USPS and give much needed relief to those who exist on the fringe of financial services access. It would also serve to provide the big banks some competition in the free market they claim to love.

More importantly, postal banking would mean lower service rates and fees for everyone, regardless of if they banked at a post office or not....'

Probably not a good idea.  The post office has way too many problems and too many costs now without adding this to them.

There are far more reasons as to why people use pay-day lenders and check cashing services thana lack of banks.  How many of these people would actually use the USPS in this capacity?  How many more billions can the P.O. stand to lose?

From 1911 till 1966,  the Post Office had savings accounts, but they quit.  Part of problem was that it that there was zero profit and lots of costs to P.O. to do it.

Interesting article in April 25 time (Cruz was on last week's) re: the national debt.  Not sure how valid the single author article really is, but a sidebar shows how each candidates' proposals would affect the debt.  Bernie's are the worst of all.

Cruz and Trump both add many trillions to the national debt.

-Bernie Sanders

http://usuncut.com/politics/bernie-sanders-postal-banking/

They do this in England and in many other countries.