Jump to content

 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
darkblue

Bernie Sanders!

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

It is sad so many misunderstand the powers of a U.S. President  (which in many cases are limited).

To me the main time a U.S. President does something related to domestic policy is when they VETO a bill.    ("does something" being in regards of changing the course and \ or direction a policy is taking).

Signing a bill pass by Congress is NOT changing the course and \ or direction of a policy.

 

Remind some posters of that the next time they say Trump will bring on some form of monarchy / dictatorship.

I'm losing too many cats from laughing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Remind some posters of that the next time they say Trump will bring on some form of monarchy / dictatorship.

I'm losing too many cats from laughing!

In our system of government all it takes is the denigration and destruction of the other two branches of government.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

In our system of government all it takes is the denigration and destruction of the other two branches of government.

 

People are easily voted out as in.  No need to hurl yourself from a high rise yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hamradio said:

People are easily voted out as in.  No need to hurl yourself from a high rise yet.

Checks and balances are written into the Constitution oh, perhaps you should review them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hamradio said:

Remind some posters of that the next time they say Trump will bring on some form of monarchy / dictatorship.

I'm losing too many cats from laughing!

He is not doing it alone.  He has hundreds of enablers.  

What's with the wife of a Chief Justice of the Untied States being employed by Trump to root out people in government who aren't forthcoming to kiss his ****?  The **** Chief Justice is okay with this?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump gets away with embracing dictators and is somehow the President of the Untied States but ...

Video clips from the 1980s of Sanders talking about his visits to the Soviet Union, Cuba and Nicaragua are being spread online by rivals who say his views were naive — and make him vulnerable to GOP attacks in the general election.

CEA2QJTNHII6TO7HDR4Y7OAFGY.jpg
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sanders should have said nice things about Saudi Arabia and Israel instead. Somehow, I think the media's reporting would be quite different.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, hamradio said:

People are easily voted out as in.  No need to hurl yourself from a high rise yet.

I agree with you here,   as long as you note that BOTH sides do this.     E.g. I was talking to a guy that just couldn't understand all the fear mongering related to the election of Trump.   He went on to say that he never heard anything like that related to Obama.      

This is when I laugh.      The entire Fox News network was telling American back in 2007 that the election of Obama would change America so much we wouldn't recognize it.    Then the messaging in 2011 was that 4 more years of Obama,,,,,,  there will be no more America!

Over the top hype like we are seeing now from some Dems related to Trump.

While I believe Trump is the worst President in US History,    the USA and our form of government and overall way of life  will continue on.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I agree with you here,   as long as you note that BOTH sides do this.     E.g. I was talking to a guy that just couldn't understand all the fear mongering related to the election of Trump.   He went on to say that he never heard anything like that related to Obama.      

This is when I laugh.      The entire Fox News network was telling American back in 2007 that the election of Obama would change America so much we wouldn't recognize it.    Then the messaging in 2011 was that 4 more years of Obama,,,,,,  there will be no more America!

Over the top hype like we are seeing now from some Dems related to Trump.

While I believe Trump is the worst President in US History,    the USA and our form of government and overall way of life  will continue on.

 

Four more years of Obama had a very definite benefit for Trump getting elected.  However, while  a liberal, Obama was also a pragmatist and worked with others to compromise.  Sanders presents himself as being unwilling to even consider compromises.  Hopefully as president he would change his tune, but he does not give that impression.  It also appears that many of his supporters will very mad if he does.  

That is the fear is that he will be just like Trump but from the other end of the spectrum.  There will be government turmoil and conflict as bad or worse than we have now.  There will be no MFA, free college, New Green Deal, ad infinitum because the GOPers in control of the Senate will not allow it.  But Bernie has said he will use executive orders to carry out his policies.

Of course, America won't end, but it does grab people's attention when you say it.  What will happen is the turmoil and the Sanders proposed economic/tax/government spending plans will cause the always nervous business and industry community and Main Street to freeze where they are.   Then Wall Street will start a large decline.

I have a Democratic friend who is voting for Biden because he does not want Bernie to win in S.C. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Bernie Sanders warns at #CNNTownHall that it will be “incredibly divisive” if a contested convention nominates a candidate who doesn’t have a “substantial plurality” of pledged delegates from the primaries
 
:huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, mr6666 said:
 
Bernie Sanders warns at #CNNTownHall that it will be “incredibly divisive” if a contested convention nominates a candidate who doesn’t have a “substantial plurality” of pledged delegates from the primaries
 
:huh:

"[DNC Chairman] Tom Perez fought tooth and nail to ensure our nominee would be chosen by pledged delegates, not automatic delegates,” David Bergstein, a DNC spokesman, said in an email. “The DNC passed these reforms unanimously. These rules make our party stronger and help ensure our eventual nominee has the full support of the party behind them."

The decision to relegate superdelegates — now called “automatic delegates” — to the second ballot in a contested convention consumed the DNC for nearly two years after the 2016 election. Superdelegates overwhelmingly sided with Hillary Clinton, infuriating Sanders’ supporters.

The rule change was widely viewed as a major victory for the Democratic Party’s left flank. At the time, Perez called the delegate overhaul “historic,” while progressive Democrats and many moderates lauded its appeal to young voters skeptical of centralized party power.........

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/01/31/dnc-superdelegates-110083

:unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mr6666 said:

"[DNC Chairman] Tom Perez fought tooth and nail to ensure our nominee would be chosen by pledged delegates, not automatic delegates,” David Bergstein, a DNC spokesman, said in an email. “The DNC passed these reforms unanimously. These rules make our party stronger and help ensure our eventual nominee has the full support of the party behind them."

The decision to relegate superdelegates — now called “automatic delegates” — to the second ballot in a contested convention consumed the DNC for nearly two years after the 2016 election. Superdelegates overwhelmingly sided with Hillary Clinton, infuriating Sanders’ supporters.

The rule change was widely viewed as a major victory for the Democratic Party’s left flank. At the time, Perez called the delegate overhaul “historic,” while progressive Democrats and many moderates lauded its appeal to young voters skeptical of centralized party power.........

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/01/31/dnc-superdelegates-110083

:unsure:

Well. one thing that I can see coming if Bernie wins a plurality but loses at a contested convention is Trump jumping all over it to divide the democrat support.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.counterpunch.org/2020/02/25/the-liberal-medias-propaganda-war-on-bernie-sanders/

The “Liberal” Media’s Propaganda War on Bernie Sanders

by PAUL STREET

7959423426_72db554743_c.jpg

Photograph Source: Steve Bott – CC BY 2.0

The “liberal” top-down class and propaganda war on the progressive populist Bernie Sanders is something to behold. It advances at least four master narratives.

Red Baiting

The first such narrative boils down to Red baiting. The Atlantic, recently gave space for the right-wing pundit David Frump to call Sanders a “Marxist of the old school of dialectical materialism” for whom “class relations are foundational” and “everything else is epiphenomenon.”

At ”liberal” broadcast media’s central Stop Sanders headquarters MSNBC (hereafter “MSDNC”), veteran political talk-show host Chris Matthews channeled Joe McCarthy before the New Hampshire Democratic Primary in a bizarre tirade linking the “socialist Sanders” to the supposed threat of “executions in Central Park” if “Castro and the Reds” had “won the Cold War.”

Last week, three days before the Nevada Caucus, MSDNC’s Stephanie Ruhle had on an old friend, former Diamond Resorts CEO Stephen Cloobeck, a major Democratic Party funder, to speak from Las Vegas. Asked about one of Ruhle’s favorite topics, the menace of “socialist Bernie Sanders,” Cloobeck called Sanders an anarchist” who “would love to burn down the United States” ” (When asked if he would support Trump if Sanders is the nominee, Cloobeck growled “anyone but Bernie, anyone but Bernie.”). She later gleamed while one or her many Republican guests, Jeb Bush’s former campaign manager, called for Michael Bloomberg to pour $100 million in negative campaign ads to stop the socialist Sanders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Well. one thing that I can see coming if Bernie wins a plurality but loses at a contested convention is Trump jumping all over it to divide the democrat support.

Trump will do that no matter who the Dems nominate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, mr6666 said:
 
Bernie Sanders warns at #CNNTownHall that it will be “incredibly divisive” if a contested convention nominates a candidate who doesn’t have a “substantial plurality” of pledged delegates from the primaries
 
:huh:

Preparing his reaction to losing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to the news programs I watched this morning, Biden won the S.C. debate.   I watched parts of it and Bernie was his usual pugnacious, invasive person.  Heard commentators speak of his always pointing, waving his hands, speaking loudly, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TheCid said:

According to the news programs I watched this morning, Biden won the S.C. debate.   I watched parts of it and Bernie was his usual pugnacious, invasive person.  Heard commentators speak of his always pointing, waving his hands, speaking loudly, etc.

It seems it is no longer about substance but who gets angriest that the pundits pick as the winner.  Klobacher, Warren and now Biden.  I mean this criticism across the board.

Left to the pundits Marco Rubio or Ted Cruz would have won.  Trump was a terrible debater.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TheCid said:

Trump will do that no matter who the Dems nominate.

How could he say that Bernie got screwed if Bernie gets the nomination?  Anyone else, yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

It seems it is no longer about substance but who gets angriest that the pundits pick as the winner.  Klobacher, Warren and now Biden.  I mean this criticism across the board.

Left to the pundits Marco Rubio or Ted Cruz would have won.  Trump was a terrible debater.

You misinterpreted my post or I was not clear enough.  The people who evaluated last night's performance did so based on what they said, not how they behaved.  That was from earlier commentaries and my own impressions.

Bernie lost on performance, ideas and delivery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bogie56 said:

How could he say that Bernie got screwed if Bernie gets the nomination?  Anyone else, yes.

My point is that Trump and the GOPers will do everything they can to divide the Dem supporters just as they did in 2016-and it worked.  No matter who wins the nomination.

The purpose of American conventions is to nominate a candidate, not to rubber stamp the primary votes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TheCid said:

You misinterpreted my post or I was not clear enough.  The people who evaluated last night's performance did so based on what they said, not how they behaved.  That was from earlier commentaries and my own impressions.

Bernie lost on performance, ideas and delivery.

I wouldn't say Bernie won the debate by any means but saying that Biden won is a complete stretch.  It was a case of people seeing what they wanted to see.  They liked the fact that he got angry. Other than saying he and Obama did this and that he had nothing to offer.  That's not flying with voters either.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

© 2020 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...