Find results that contain...
Find results in...
darkblue

Bernie Sanders!

4 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

Of course he is; he's desperate.

5 hours ago, TheCid said:

Of course he is; he's desperate.

You're not doing a very good job of attracting eventual Bernie supporters I must say.  You will only have yourselves to blame if they turn away from your candidate when you continue to vilify him.

• Haha 1

Yea,  the all power Cid,   is going to cost Biden the election!

Yea folks,  you heard it here at the most visited and used political forum in the world!!!!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Yea folks,  you heard it here at the most visited and used political forum in the world!!!!

Took me a while, but I think I understand your post.  Seriously doubt my opinions will cost the Dems the election.

What are there, about 15-20 active posters on TCM Forums political topics?

Sanders' decision to abandon campaigning in MS will do him more damage than my feeble posts.  Lot of people in MI and elsewhere will see this as (1) act of desperation and (2) poor judgement in ignoring a significant part of the Democratic Party.  There are African-Americans in MI and every state in the union and most vote in Dem primaries.

Whatever happened to Dark Blue?  Is he/she gone or using another name?

For Sanders to go to Mississippi would be a waste of time. After the shellacking he took in the south on

Super Tuesday he had zero chance of winning there. It would be like the Democratic candidate in 2020

going to Utah. Things don't look too good for Bernie.

It might have been good for Bernie to visit MS. There’s so much history of the Civil Rights movement down there,  and a little empathy wouldn’t hurt, particularly when voting rights are threatened once again.

4 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Of course I meant that sentiment which is sadly shared by more people across the country than just TheCid.

Bernie Sanders' Medicare for All Policy Would Likely Increase Wages and Create Jobs, New Economic Analysis Shows

.......Josh Bivens, EPI's director who conducted the study, wrote in the report that Medicare for All "would be unambiguously positive" for the labor market in the U.S., leading to a "boost in wages and salaries" as well as an "increase in job quality, while producing "a net increase in jobs.".........

https://www.newsweek.com/bernie-sanders-medicare-all-would-likely-increase-wages-create-jobs-new-economic-analysis-shows-1490800?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1583437612

They are looking at primary voting statistics from 2016 and 2020 on Inside Politics which show that support for Sanders is actually down.  The explanation offered is that it is not his policies that explain the downturn but that he got a lot of support in 2016 from people who hated Hillary Clinton.    So, in turn when some of his supporters turned to Donald Trump it wasn't because they found in Trump a kindred spirit but he was the alternative to someone who in their view was toxic and was despised.   So, to be clear they are saying that the Bernie supporters who switched to Trump were not bonified "Bernie" supporters but were were anti-Clinton voters.

Of course the GOP and the constant negative media barrage baked this into Clinton's cake.  But let's get one thing straight.  Sanders is the antithesis to the billionaire class , Donald Trump.

• Thanks 1

On 3/6/2020 at 4:08 PM, TheCid said:

Whatever happened to Dark Blue?  Is he/she gone or using another name?

He told me a couple of times he thought about leaving.

• Thanks 1

bernie has to start bringing victims of bidens policies on stage.
bring an iraq veteran to talk about the horrors he deals w because of joes actions.
bring a latino family who lost their parents to deportations,
children who lost their parents to the criminal justice system.
========================================

-but he won't..........
probably too late now
&  doesn't want to appear TOO MEAN to poor old Joe  -_-

:unsure:

Coalition Urges Everyone to Join Movement Supporting Sanders to Secure a 'Feminist Future'

"For the nurses, teachers, cooks, domestic workers, bus drivers, farmers, librarians, organizers, caretakers, writers, sex workers, shamans, and waitresses: there's another America waiting for us and we are ready to greet her. "

On the eve of International Women's Day, a coalition of well-known feminists published a joint statement on Medium Saturday urging "our friends, families, and comrades to unite with us in the broad passionate movement supporting Senator Bernie Sanders' campaign, and to work to heal the relationships necessary to create a new era for our communities, this country, and the world."......

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/03/08/coalition-urges-everyone-join-movement-supporting-sanders-secure-feminist-future

36 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

Coalition Urges Everyone to Join Movement Supporting Sanders to Secure a 'Feminist Future'

"For the nurses, teachers, cooks, domestic workers, bus drivers, farmers, librarians, organizers, caretakers, writers, sex workers, shamans, and waitresses: there's another America waiting for us and we are ready to greet her. "

On the eve of International Women's Day, a coalition of well-known feminists published a joint statement on Medium Saturday urging "our friends, families, and comrades to unite with us in the broad passionate movement supporting Senator Bernie Sanders' campaign, and to work to heal the relationships necessary to create a new era for our communities, this country, and the world."......

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/03/08/coalition-urges-everyone-join-movement-supporting-sanders-secure-feminist-future

Thought feminist labeled those  jobs I highlighted as "sexist". :huh:

57 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Some of the coolest guys I know are Librarians at the local public library.

If you haven't been in one since the 1950s, you need to visit your local library and see how things have changed in the meantime.

2 hours ago, hamradio said:

Being a sex worker is certainly not good. The reason they want to vote for him is so they can make a decent wage and live a normal wife so they don't have to prostitute themselves for money. I do not think he can win but that is the reason they support him.

12 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Some of the coolest guys I know are Librarians at the local public library.

If you haven't been in one since the 1950s, you need to visit your local library and see how things have changed in the meantime.

Also young nurses are increasingly male; young doctors are increasingly female.  And I suspect there are more than a few rent boys around town!  Is this group pandering to outdated stereotypes?

2 hours ago, Swithin said:

Also young nurses are increasingly male; young doctors are increasingly female.  And I suspect there are more than a few rent boys around town!  Is this group pandering to outdated stereotypes?

Yes that is so true. I've met quite a few young men who are registered nurses and Primary School teachers too.

Plus female police officers are definitely quite common.

It's a new generation of young people, and they are not hampered by the past.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Gershwin fan said:

Being a sex worker is certainly not good. The reason they want to vote for him is so they can make a decent wage and live a normal wife so they don't have to prostitute themselves for money. I do not think he can win but that is the reason they support him.

I assume there is a type-O here,   but hey,  maybe not.  

",,,so they can make a decent wage and live a normal wife so they don't have to prostitute themselves for money.:. 

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Won't repeat the comments already made, but a lot of these jobs are low education entry level jobs.  Almost all the bus driver and farmers I know are male.  There are a goodly number of school bus drivers who are female, but the split shifts and free time during the day appeals to many of them.  Writers?  Is this mostly romance/cozi writers?  Shamans???

Regardless, Sanders cannot do anything that just about any other Democrat can't do to reduce sexism in jobs.