Jump to content

 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
darkblue

Bernie Sanders!

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Before anyone gets bent out of shape I know this was only a poll but the one that was posted only a sort while ago showed that Elizabeth Warren would give Biden more of a bump than any of the others.

IMO Amy Klobuchar is like giving them what they already have.  Tim Kaine was not a brilliant choice for Hillary Clinton.  But hey,  right now Biden doesn't have a chance against the war time President.

For me such polls don't provide much useful info unless they are done by state and only focus on the states Trump or Clinton won by < 3% .        Yes,  overall Klobuchar doesn't add much to Biden since they are both middle-of-the-road types excepted a boost in MN (which Clinton won by only 1.5% in 2016).

But Warren may be a net-negative in those mid-west battleground states Trump won by < 3% due to her being viewed as too-progressive.        While Klobuchar might not add much,   she wouldn't be a net-negative in those states (many which border her home state).

What states would Warren help Biden carry that are not already in the bag for him?   I.e. states Clinton won by >  5%.     Not many I would think.

Hey,  I don't have any V.P. candidate in mind as it relates to helping Biden win those key battleground states.     As for helping Biden in the most battleground states the best choice would likely be a moderate,  women,  person-of-color with a good level of name recognition.         I know of no such Dem that fits this bill.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

For me such polls don't provide much useful info unless they are done by state and only focus on the states Trump or Clinton won by < 3% .        Yes,  overall Klobuchar doesn't add much to Biden since they are both middle-of-the-road types excepted a boost in MN (which Clinton won by only 1.5% in 2016).

But Warren may be a net-negative in those mid-west battleground states Trump won by < 3% due to her being viewed as too-progressive.        While Klobuchar might not add much,   she wouldn't be a net-negative in those states (many which border her home state).

What states would Warren help Biden carry that are not already in the bag for him?   I.e. states Clinton won by >  5%.     Not many I would think.

Hey,  I'm don't have any V.P. candidate in mind as it relates to helping Biden win those key battleground states.     As for helping Biden in the most battleground states the best choice would likely be a moderate,  women,  person-of-color with a good level of name recognition.         I know of no such Dem that fits this bill.

 

 

When Elizabeth Warren was on stage with Hillary Clinton there was an amazing excitement which should not be ignored.  My wife commented that Clinton should have chosen her to run with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Maybe he is waiting for the dust to clear so that people will pay some attention when he bows out and whole heartedly endorses Joe Biden.  No one gives a bleep about any of this at the moment.

The media sure doesn't, but those states that still have primary elections coming give a bleep.  Cancelling them would solve a lot of problems for them concerning COVOID 19.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

For me such polls don't provide much useful info unless they are done by state and only focus on the states Trump or Clinton won by < 3% .        Yes,  overall Klobuchar doesn't add much to Biden since they are both middle-of-the-road types excepted a boost in MN (which Clinton won by only 1.5% in 2016).

But Warren may be a net-negative in those mid-west battleground states Trump won by < 3% due to her being viewed as too-progressive.        While Klobuchar might not add much,   she wouldn't be a net-negative in those states (many which border her home state).

What states would Warren help Biden carry that are not already in the bag for him?   I.e. states Clinton won by >  5%.     Not many I would think.

Hey,  I'm don't have any V.P. candidate in mind as it relates to helping Biden win those key battleground states.     As for helping Biden in the most battleground states the best choice would likely be a moderate,  women,  person-of-color with a good level of name recognition.         I know of no such Dem that fits this bill.

 

 

I found it telling that Warren came in third in the MA primary.  Another state will almost assuredly go to the Dems in Nov.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

When Elizabeth Warren was on stage with Hillary Clinton there was an amazing excitement which should not be ignored.  My wife commented that Clinton should have chosen her to run with.

Sorry but I don't see how your reply is relevant to what I posted.      Trump isn't going to win any progressive\blue state.     I would hope we could agree that Warren does best in those states.

Like I said I need more data;    E.g.   A poll of likely voters in Michigan ,  Wisconsin,  or Pennsylvania.     States with < 1% margin of victory in 2016.      

Take Michigan;   Biden beat Sanders badly in the 2020 Dem primary.    Of course a lot of that could be due to the momentum Biden had gained on Super Tuesday #1 and not,  per se,  how these Dem primary voters felt towards a progressive.       Like I stated a progressive V.P.  is likely to have more of a negative impact in these type of states.     Granted another middle-of-the-road V.P.  doesn't gain much,  but Biden doesn't need much  V.P. "gain" in these states,   but he clearly can't afford a negative impact.  

Biden had a tough choice to make here since he also can't appear to that the progressive-wing vote of his party for granted.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

When Elizabeth Warren was on stage with Hillary Clinton there was an amazing excitement which should not be ignored.  My wife commented that Clinton should have chosen her to run with.

Two women?  That would have given Trump a really easy ride to the presidency.  There are still a lot of voters, including many women, who do not believe a woman should be president.

As for the polls you cited, I saw those, but as James pointed out they are national.  What matters is each state.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheCid said:

I found it telling that Warren came in third in the MA primary.  Another state will almost assuredly go to the Dems in Nov.

Yea,  she couldn't even come in second in a Dem primary in her home state!      Clinton won MA with > 60% of the vote.    

I just don't see where having Warren as Biden's V.P.  would move the needle in a positive direction in a state with < 5% margin in 2016.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seth Abramson (@)

@SethAbramson

·

20m

INTERESTING. "When the [Trump-Biden] matchup included Biden's potential VP,

only Sen. Warren tipped the Democratic ticket to majority support at 52%,

compared to the Trump ticket at 42%.

Harris or Klobuchar both push the Biden ticket to 50%, while Trump's ticket stays at 42%."

 

PS/ The FNC poll found a whopping *11%* undecided/planning to vote third-party in a prospective Trump-Biden matchup, which suggests some Sanders voters lukewarm—at best—to Biden.

Biden-Warren may be the hottest-polling ticket now because it would bring some of those voters home.

 

PS2/ That said, Harris would *also* be a strong VP pick.

The only pick that would be *disastrous*—another tin-ear Tim Kaine-like "safe" pick betraying a horrid misunderstanding of *everything* about politics in this century

—would be Klobuchar, who should stay in the U.S. Senate.

 

:unsure:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

Seth Abramson (@)

@SethAbramson

·

20m

INTERESTING. "When the [Trump-Biden] matchup included Biden's potential VP,

only Sen. Warren tipped the Democratic ticket to majority support at 52%,

compared to the Trump ticket at 42%.

Harris or Klobuchar both push the Biden ticket to 50%, while Trump's ticket stays at 42%."

 

PS/ The FNC poll found a whopping *11%* undecided/planning to vote third-party in a prospective Trump-Biden matchup, which suggests some Sanders voters lukewarm—at best—to Biden.

Biden-Warren may be the hottest-polling ticket now because it would bring some of those voters home.

 

PS2/ That said, Harris would *also* be a strong VP pick.

The only pick that would be *disastrous*—another tin-ear Tim Kaine-like "safe" pick betraying a horrid misunderstanding of *everything* about politics in this century

—would be Klobuchar, who should stay in the U.S. Senate.

 

:unsure:

Never have thought much of Abramson's pontifications and this is another one.  He probably doesn't think much of mine either.  As James pointed out, only state by state polling has any validity.

As for Klobuchar, I still believe she is the best qualified to be president of all the Dems who started running.  Sure, she is moderate, not flashy, not exciting and does not appeal to the extreme left of the Dem party.  But she does know MN and the rest of the mid-west and they know her and trust her.  She has done a commendable job in the Senate and wins MN hands down every election.

I believe that she is far better known nationally than Tim Kaine was in 2016.  Heck, I barely knew who he was.

Bottom line, the VP choice rarely influences elections for president.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody have any Idea which political persuasion or what agenda TalkTalk123 is pushing?  I haven't watched a single vid that been posted.

My rule of thumb is if they don't actually physically discuss stuff they are probably wing nuts aka Jakeaholeman or Russian bots, lol. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time for Bernie to drop out and do the Democratic Party and America a favor.  After all, he is not a Democrat anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, TheCid said:

Time for Bernie to drop out and do the Democratic Party and America a favor.  After all, he is not a Democrat anyway.

The upside will be Biden winning again in a landslide and he will be in the news.  Right now he's just another guy in his basement making noise on the internet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cigarjoe said:

Anybody have any Idea which political persuasion or what agenda TalkTalk123 is pushing?  I haven't watched a single vid that been posted.

My rule of thumb is if they don't actually physically discuss stuff they are probably wing nuts aka Jakeaholeman or Russian bots, lol. 

I agree with your rule-of-thumb.    TT123 has replied to 1 or 2 of my replies to his post but yea,  not often.    As for his political persuasion:  I assume he is a Bernie bro.   E.g. he just posted about Bernie and universal health care.       If that is the case then the only remaining point of interest is will he support the Dem nominee (likely Biden),  or not, if it isn't Bernie.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I agree with your rule-of-thumb.    TT123 has replied to 1 or 2 of my replies to his post but yea,  not often.    As for his political persuasion:  I assume he is a Bernie bro.   E.g. he just posted about Bernie and universal health care.       If that is the case then the only remaining point of interest is will he support the Dem nominee (likely Biden),  or not, if it isn't Bernie.

 

He is not a democrat.  Like that "comedian" Jimmy was'his'name who has a basement internet show that he likes to post TT123 spends all of his time bashing democrats and never ever criticizes Donald Trump.  They are liberals in sheep's clothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bogie56 said:

He is not a democrat.  Like that "comedian" Jimmy was'his'name who has a basement internet show that he likes to post TT123 spends all of his time bashing democrats and never ever criticizes Donald Trump.  They are liberals in sheep's clothing.

Who is "he"?   Bernie or TT123?     I guess it doesn't really matter because neither are!  (ha ha).

I'm not a democrat either but I was and will be an anyone-but-Trump voter.         To me that is all that counts;   one can bash dems all day-long,  and I'm not going to call them names.   But support or vote for Trump;   then one has crossed the point of no return.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Who is "he"?   Bernie or TT123?     I guess it doesn't really matter because neither are!  (ha ha).

I'm not a democrat either but I was and will be an anyone-but-Trump voter.         To me that is all that counts;   one can bash dems all day-long,  and I'm not going to call them names.   But support or vote for Trump;   then one has crossed the point of no return.

TT123.  Darkblue who professed to be a liberal (NOT - more like a fascist).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, TalkTalk123 said:

 

I don't open links when no reason is given to do so.  Also, not if I do not know the source of the link.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the virus front and center, and rightfully so, no one much cares what Bernie is doing. He can probably

do nothing for the next couple of months and no one will care one way or the other.

 

Came across a hilarious Jimmy Dore video the other day. He was bragging about how Bernie is now following

Jimmy's lead on rent strikes and withholding mortgage payments. Then he talks about how he, JD, is right about

everything and is way ahead of everyone else on progressive issues, interspersed with the f word every five

seconds, and yelling and screaming as if he's being held hostage. He has to be one of the dumbest folks on

YT. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, TalkTalk123 said:

Yes I agree, Jimmy did a Keith Oberman, and worse he kept tooting his own horn.

I don't know who Jimmy Dore is. When Vautrin mentioned the rent issue, I though he was referring to this guy, an amusing fixture on the NYC local political scene:

the-rent-is-too-damn-high-party.jpg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TalkTalk123 said:

Yes I agree, Jimmy did a Keith Oberman, and worse he kept tooting his own horn.

Yeah, I take JD's self-description as just a dumb jagoff nightclub comedian without any irony. I saw an article

about various tenants banding together to not pay their rent. I doubt they got the idea by watching Jimmy.

I don't watch Jimmy very often because many of his videos last 20 minutes or longer. I can't take him for

that long. For those who don't know who Jimmy Dore is, consider yourselves lucky.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

© 2020 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...