Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

9 hours ago, Vautrin said:

Yeah, I take JD's self-description as just a dumb jagoff nightclub comedian without any irony. I saw an article

about various tenants banding together to not pay their rent. I doubt they got the idea by watching Jimmy.

I don't watch Jimmy very often because many of his videos last 20 minutes or longer. I can't take him for

that long. For those who don't know who Jimmy Dore is, consider yourselves lucky.

Never heard of Jimmy Dore until someone kept posting his "podcasts" here.  Watched a couple and then began ignoring them.  His podcast are way too long and pretty much nonsensical.  Just another nut with a computer.  I'm sure someone will say the same about me, but I don't do a podcast.

On 4/3/2020 at 8:10 AM, cigarjoe said:

Anybody have any Idea which political persuasion or what agenda TalkTalk123 is pushing?  I haven't watched a single vid that been posted.

My rule of thumb is if they don't actually physically discuss stuff they are probably wing nuts aka Jakeaholeman or Russian bots, lol. 

Just block him if you dislike him so much. Here is a page fact-checking Jimmy Dore for more info on him.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Jimmy_Dore

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Sukhov said:

Just block him if you dislike him so much. Here is a page fact-checking Jimmy Dore for more info on him.

Why ban just ignore the post and scroll down

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Some Sanders demands for "phase 4" of coronavirus response:

-- $2K/person payments *every month* - 100% universal;

-- Medicare pays all health expenses during pandemic;

-- Suspend rent/mortgage/medical/student&debt payments for 4 months;

-- Hazard pay 4 frontline workers

8 hours ago, TheCid said:

Never heard of Jimmy Dore until someone kept posting his "podcasts" here.  Watched a couple and then began ignoring them.  His podcast are way too long and pretty much nonsensical.  Just another nut with a computer.  I'm sure someone will say the same about me, but I don't do a podcast.

He does tend to go on and on and on. I do have to laugh when he sometimes hyperventilates and seems on the edge of

a breakdown. He doesn't seem to know much about American politics in general and how things work in our system 

of government. We'll all nuts and we all have computers. Look out America. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
9 hours ago, Vautrin said:

He does tend to go on and on and on. I do have to laugh when he sometimes hyperventilates and seems on the edge of

a breakdown. He doesn't seem to know much about American politics in general and how things work in our system 

of government. We'll all nuts and we all have computers. Look out America. 

He fancies himself the new Mort Sahl but he is just a wing nut pushing an anti democrat agenda.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

He fancies himself the new Mort Sahl but he is just a wing nut pushing an anti democrat agenda.

And Jimmy is always a bridesmaid. He liked Bernie, but then Bernie turned out to not be 100% perfect,

so Jimmy didn't like him. The same thing with AOC. She didn't follow the way of the Dore all the time,

exit AOC. Now he downplays all the dumb things Donny does. Pretty much a waste of time.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TalkTalk123 said:

In 2018 Jimmy embraced with a lot of new hope that the new progressives would bring change. Now it looks like the power of the establishment has assimilated the newbie's back to the hive. Big let down for Jimmy.

Jimmy's hope for MFA and the end of regime change wars is just a pipe dream, Americans are not ready for it as long as they vote for the corporate politicians.

If Jimmy or anyone else believed the new progressives would bring "change" (as in the passing of actual legislation),   they don't understand politics and thus they are fools.

The percentage of progressives in the US House is < 3%.     In the Senate 1%.      It takes at least 15% of the House to be able to influence change and 25% to actually have enough power to hold-firm and demand it  (by NOT voting along with you're parties Speaker and thus stalling legislation). 

Note that the conservative  tea-party movement was able to push the GOP House to the right (one of the reasons Paul Ryan left),   but that was only for a short window.  Today they have little to no power  (as one can see from the passing of the last very bloated Fed budget,   massive overspending and increased debt-to-GNP ratio).

A.O.C. was able to get one thing done outside of legislation and that was to kill the Amazon deal in NY.    That upset even liberals like the NYC Mayor and NY Governor.   So in this regards she was effective (as it relates to pushing the progressive agenda).

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, TalkTalk123 said:

In 2018 Jimmy embraced with a lot of new hope that the new progressives would bring change. Now it looks like the power of the establishment has assimilated the newbie's back to the hive. Big let down for Jimmy.

Jimmy's hope for MFA and the end of regime change wars is just a pipe dream, Americans are not ready for it as long as they vote for the corporate politicians.

If he knew more about politics he would realize that is how things usually work. That may be unfortunate, but

it's true. He needs to be more realistic about what can be accomplished in the U.S. at this time. I can see an 18

year old being disillusioned, but not a middle aged guy.

4 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

If Jimmy or anyone else believed the new progressives would bring "change" (as in the passing of actual legislation),   they don't understand politics and thus they are fools.

The percentage of progressives in the US House is < 3%.     In the Senate 1%.      It takes at least 15% of the House to be able to influence change and 25% to actually have enough power to hold-firm and demand it  (by NOT voting along with you're parties Speaker and thus stalling legislation). 

Note that the conservative  tea-party movement was able to push the GOP House to the right (one of the reasons Paul Ryan left),   but that was only for a short window.  Today they have little to no power  (as one can see from the passing of the last very bloated Fed budget,   massive overspending and increased debt-to-GNP ratio).

A.O.C. was able to get one thing done outside of legislation and that was to kill the Amazon deal in NY.    That upset even liberals like the NYC Mayor and NY Governor.   So in this regards she was effective (as it relates to pushing the progressive agenda).

The liberals/progressives/leftist probably had their best days under LBJ, who had the support of many in Congress.  Of course he lost a good bit of that support over Vietnam, but much of the progressive agenda came to pass then.  Then followed Nixon, Reagan, Bush I, Bush II and now Trump to repeal as much as possible.  That is American politics.

Many young leftist of the 60's, 70's and 80's became disillusioned and dropped out.  The conservatives also became disillusioned on several occasions, but they managed to work harder and return to power.

, You’ve forever changed the party & made us reflect upon all the ways we need to do more & be better.

Your efforts will be reflected in every advocate and activist for generations to come

and will inspire policy that will make the world a better place. Thank you.

:)

I thought the old Bernmeister might hold on for another month or so. I guess even he finally

realized he didn't have a chance. Turned out the lights, the party's over.

Bernie Sanders Changed Our Politics

The senator set out to organize and educate and transform our understanding of what is possible in politics. He succeeded.

“While this campaign is coming to an end, our movement is not.”

“Let me say this very emphatically. As you all know, we have never been just a campaign,” Sanders said. “We are a grass-roots multiracial, multigenerational movement which has always believed that real change never comes from the top on down, but always from the bottom on up. We have taken on Wall Street, the insurance companies, the drug companies, the fossil fuel industry, the military-industrial complex, the prison industrial complex and the greed of the entire corporate elite. That struggle continues.”

But the immediate success of the movement—and its potential to achieve more success in this critical moment—is what excites Sanders most. He intends to be a powerful force in the Democratic Party, and he expects that the delegates he had already won—and those he may accumulate in the contests yet to come—will write a platform that is the most progressive in the history of the party. At a more fundamental level, he expects that this radical program will form the necessary alternative vision to the austerity agenda that conservatives are sure to advance as the crisis eases. .........

The progressive movement is in a different, and in a stronger, position that it was in 2014 when he first entertained the prospect of bidding for the presidency. The senator wisely notes that it is not just his campaigning that made the change. Non-electoral movements have reshaped our idealism and our practical politics in recent years, on issues of economic and social and racial justice. In that great reshaping, however, the role that Sanders has played cannot be underestimated.

Having a presidential candidate who championed movements and amplified their messages has mattered enormously. Progressives did not get a President Sanders. But, as he suggested six years ago, they have changed the dynamic of politics for years and years to come.

https://www.thenation.com/article/politics/bernie-sanders-changed-politics/

:unsure:

Sanders has NOT dropped out of the race, but has merely suspended his campaign.  He plans to remain on the ballot in the states that still have primaries scheduled.  He wants to build up his delegate count because he believes it will give him a stronger position in trying to get his policies on the Democratic Platform at the convention.

The fact that voters will be exposing themselves to Covid 19 apparently means little to him.

15 hours ago, Vautrin said:

I thought the old Bernmeister might hold on for another month or so. I guess even he finally

realized he didn't have a chance. Turned out the lights, the party's over.

How will Mr. Dore handle this one? :lol: 

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, Sukhov said:

How will Mr. Dore handle this one? :lol: 

With JD it's not easy to tell. Maybe he'll give Sanders a tad of credit while lamenting

that he became a sellout, i.e. not agreeing 100% with King Dore I.