Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
darkblue

Bernie Sanders!

Tonight! I’m honored to be interviewing former presidential candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders from my former living room. #LSSC #FeelTheBern #WashTheHands
=========================================

-WATCHED LAST NIGHT. 
Colbert asked  Bernie 2X  if he'd give Biden a full-hearted ENDORSEMENT.......

Sanders only said he would continue talks w/Biden & his 'advisors' .......positions re: criminal justice, Green Deal, etc.

-then, even Colbert mentioned that especially w/pandemic response,
the need for a MFA policy position now would be obvious for ANYone....

:unsure:

Bernie Sanders on 'Colbert' Explains What Joe Biden Must do to Defeat Trump in 2020 Election

.........Despite throwing in the towel, Sanders said he would continue to fight and work for the American people and hoped to work with Biden to "move him in a more progress direction."

"I think Joe is a good politician, and he understands that in order to defeat the president, in order to defeat [President Donald]Trump, he's going to have to bring new people into his political world and that he's going to have to listen to their needs—young people, working people—and maybe start moving in a different direction, to some degree, than he has in the past," Sanders said..........

I think by ending the campaign right now, by focusing on my job as a United States Senator to help deal with this pandemic, deal with the economic collapse that we're experiencing—I think it's a better use of my time. And I think that makes the most sense to me right now.".........

......... But I will tell you that I and many of my colleagues are working as hard as we can to come up with the money and the law to make sure that in November, if it is necessary, that the American people can vote by paper ballot," Sanders said. "But I will tell you that there is strong resistance coming from Republicans. And you know why that resistance is coming? They understand that through paper ballots, there will be a large voter turnout, and they don't like large voter turnout. They want a smaller voter turnout because they believe that their people are more likely to vote than lower-income people or young people who may take advantage of the paper ballot.".....

https://www.newsweek.com/late-night-tv-bernie-sanders-1497107?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1586459834

14 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Bernie Sanders on 'Colbert' Explains What Joe Biden Must do to Defeat Trump in 2020 Election

......... But I will tell you that I and many of my colleagues are working as hard as we can to come up with the money and the law to make sure that in November, if it is necessary, that the American people can vote by paper ballot," Sanders said. "But I will tell you that there is strong resistance coming from Republicans. And you know why that resistance is coming? They understand that through paper ballots, there will be a large voter turnout, and they don't like large voter turnout. They want a smaller voter turnout because they believe that their people are more likely to vote than lower-income people or young people who may take advantage of the paper ballot.".....

https://www.newsweek.com/late-night-tv-bernie-sanders-1497107?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1586459834

I do not foresee paper ballots in November.  No federal mandate will ever make it through the Senate, much less get signed by Trump.

If states beyond those with existing programs try to implement it, the Republicans will bring lawsuits that will eventually make it to the Republican US Supreme Court.

Also, the GOPers at the state levels will try to put in so many requirements that thousands of ballots in each state will be thrown out.