Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

Smitten with Bernie! Sanders steals the show at inauguration with his mitts made from recycled sweaters - and the meme maestros can't get enough of it!

Bernie's 'Vermont dadcore' fashion steals the show at the inauguration

The 79-year-old's wool mitten and signature brown coat stood in stark contrast to the long flowing overcoats and leather gloves sported by many in Washington on Wednesday, but social media quickly deemed his look just as trendsetting. Even Rashida Tlaib (MI-D) shared that she wanted a pair of the mittens. Several people loved seeing Bernie sitting with his legs crossed, looking cozy and staying an adequate distance away from other people at the festivities. Memes soon came from the image of the laid back senator.

  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Smitten with Bernie! Sanders steals the show at inauguration with his mitts made from recycled sweaters - and the meme maestros can't get enough of it!

Bernie's 'Vermont dadcore' fashion steals the show at the inauguration

The 79-year-old's wool mitten and signature brown coat stood in stark contrast to the long flowing overcoats and leather gloves sported by many in Washington on Wednesday, but social media quickly deemed his look just as trendsetting. Even Rashida Tlaib (MI-D) shared that she wanted a pair of the mittens. Several people loved seeing Bernie sitting with his legs crossed, looking cozy and staying an adequate distance away from other people at the festivities. Memes soon came from the image of the laid back senator.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Smitten with Bernie! Sanders steals the show at inauguration with his mitts made from recycled sweaters - and the meme maestros can't get enough of it!

Bernie's 'Vermont dadcore' fashion steals the show at the inauguration

The 79-year-old's wool mitten and signature brown coat stood in stark contrast to the long flowing overcoats and leather gloves sported by many in Washington on Wednesday, but social media quickly deemed his look just as trendsetting. Even Rashida Tlaib (MI-D) shared that she wanted a pair of the mittens. Several people loved seeing Bernie sitting with his legs crossed, looking cozy and staying an adequate distance away from other people at the festivities. Memes soon came from the image of the laid back senator.

;) 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Smitten with Bernie! Sanders steals the show at inauguration with his mitts made from recycled sweaters - and the meme maestros can't get enough of it!

Bernie's 'Vermont dadcore' fashion steals the show at the inauguration

The 79-year-old's wool mitten and signature brown coat stood in stark contrast to the long flowing overcoats and leather gloves sported by many in Washington on Wednesday, but social media quickly deemed his look just as trendsetting. Even Rashida Tlaib (MI-D) shared that she wanted a pair of the mittens. Several people loved seeing Bernie sitting with his legs crossed, looking cozy and staying an adequate distance away from other people at the festivities. Memes soon came from the image of the laid back senator.

 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

"The wealth of societies in which the capitalist more of production prevails appears

as an 'immense collection of commodities'; the individual commodity appears as its

elementary form."  :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/26/2021 at 7:16 PM, mr6666 said:

 

A universal Federal minimum wage makes no sense.     While I support a minimum wage it should be left up to each state,  as well as each state deciding if counties \ cities can have a minimum wage,  that exceeds the state imposed minimum.     A dollars isn't worth the same (with regards to purchasing power),   across a country as large as the USA.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with Bernie that a national $15 minimum hourly rate is a good floor. Each state can then adjust that amount upward, if they choose. But I don't think it's asking too much to have $15 as a paltry minimum.

The New York City rate is $15 per hour. I believe it will gradually move to that amount in the other parts of the state this year.

https://www.ny.gov/new-york-states-minimum-wage/new-york-states-minimum-wage

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

If you leave the minimum wage up to the States you run the risk of some of them gladly becoming sweat shop sanctuaries.  

Some of them are already sweat shop sanctuaries. I believe the minimum in Georgia is $5.15.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Swithin said:

Some of them are already sweat shop sanctuaries. I believe the minimum in Georgia is $5.15.

I know!   And it's not as if these people are going to get rich on $15.  The money is just going to be pumped back into the pockets of corporations anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites

A majority of states have a minimum wage higher than $7.25. Some only a dollar or two higher,

others have more generous amounts. Most of the states without a higher minimum wage are in the

South and Midwest. I think Georgia's minimum wage applies only in certain circumstance and most

workers receive at least the $7.25 federal minimum.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vautrin said:

A majority of states have a minimum wage higher than $7.25. Some only a dollar or two higher,

others have more generous amounts. Most of the states without a higher minimum wage are in the

South and Midwest. I think Georgia's minimum wage applies only in certain circumstance and most

workers receive at least the $7.25 federal minimum.

I think it's $7.50 in Kansas, but it seems like you can get around that if you've got younger employees or you're a small business.

Link to post
Share on other sites

why is sanders all of a sudden a darling of the news media again?

biden won the presidency, not him.

is it sanders they like or his socialism?

it is a known fact that at secret commie meetings no one wanted to be too close to sanders when he was speaking from the podium for fear of getting an eye poked from one of sanders fingers every time his arms flailed.

Sanders Gives Speech On 'Democratic Socialism.' Will It Affect Voter  Perception? | Vermont Public Radio

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

I think it's $7.50 in Kansas, but it seems like you can get around that if you've got younger employees or you're a small business.

As far as I can tell it is still $7.25 as of this date. There are probably state laws that allow for a lower wage

to certain workers, like younger folks. I read that some Kansas Dem legislators have proposed hiking the

minimum wage close to $15 over a number of years, but apparently that's going nowhere right now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, mr6666 said:

 

Fake news?  If these people actually owed all this money, the IRS would be all over them.  Everybody tries to "evade" taxes.  There is a difference between the tax laws favoring the rich and corporations vs. actual evasion or non-payment of taxes.  They pay what the government says they owe.

This is why Sanders hurts the Dems more than he does the GOPers.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
© 2021 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...