Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

man oh man, the american left has been sticking it to the white man ever since all in the family debuted on CBS back in '71.

I've been watchin' TV! :)

Nip--

All in the Family was the number one show in America for a number of years because white people watched it.

It wasn't the number one black show, or the number one Latino show, it was the number one show in America. Since the majority of people in America at the time were white people, they must have loved that show.

Nip, did you watch All in the Family?

• Like 1

I just watched the Dick Cavett show and Carroll O'Connor was the guest.   It was very interesting.    He said that some folks complained that Archie wasn't bigoted (mean, evil) enough.   i.e. that the show humanized a racist.    O'Connor said this was true but Lear and the writers felt this was a better way of telling the story verses having Archie be like a Hitler.    Archie is troubled and misguided but not an inherently evil man and this was the type of bigot the show wanted to explore since this was the all too common type found in the nation.      

Well said james. I also watched that episode of Dick Cavett. It was an excellent episode Carroll O'Connor, Carol Burnett and Burt Reynolds. Yes that was basically what Mr. O'Connor said, he also said that it was lessons learned (for Archie) at his mother's knee. Fascinating listening to his take on Archie and the show. Burt Reynolds story about the actor who played the rapist in Deliverence was a bit of a shocker. If the episode is re-run highly recommend it.

Or maybe it was the English left since All in the

Family was an adaptation from an English TV

show, though with Lear's changes and production.

I remember him stating in many different articles

that his father called him the laziest white man

he had ever seen.

"U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders on Thursday welcomed the vice president’s support for what The New York Times called Sanders’ “aspirational approach” over Hillary Clinton’s “caution.”

“I like the idea of saying, ‘We can do much more,’ because we can,” Biden told John Harwood during an interview last Friday.

“I don’t think any Democrat’s ever won saying, ‘We can’t think that big — we ought to really downsize here because it’s not realistic,’” Biden added. “C’mon man, this is the Democratic Party! I’m not part of the party that says, ‘Well, we can’t do it.’”

“When we talk about having the courage to address the real issues facing our people, it is about understanding that today we have a rigged economy.

“Thinking big is not really that radical. What it says is we’re going to have an economy that works for all of us, not just the 1 percent.”

https://berniesanders.com/vp-biden-likes-sanders-approach/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=fb160422

• Like 3

Bernie gets a lot of support -- from Trump, Karl Rove, etc.

Karl Rove’s Crossroads operation started boasting in February about its efforts to boost Sanders, and other Republican outfits have launched similar efforts to help the Vermont senator. In January, the RNC’s chief strategist conceded he was eager to “help” the Sanders campaign.

http://bluenationreview.com/trump-thanks-bernie-for-ripping-hillarys-character/

Bernie gets a lot of support -- from Trump, Karl Rove, etc.

Karl Rove’s Crossroads operation started boasting in February about its efforts to boost Sanders, and other Republican outfits have launched similar efforts to help the Vermont senator. In January, the RNC’s chief strategist conceded he was eager to “help” the Sanders campaign.

http://bluenationreview.com/trump-thanks-bernie-for-ripping-hillarys-character/

I thought you had stopped posting stuff from David Brock's Blue Nation Review.  Hardly an unbiased source, don't you agree?

I thought you had stopped posting stuff from David Brock's Blue Nation Review.  Hardly an unbiased source, don't you agree?

It is biased, like US Uncut and truthdig, but they do reach out to people -- like those Vermont African Americans, who have been ignored elsewhere. Here's another source, with the same focus, although the more recent article delves more deeply into Bernie's connections (or lack of them) with the black community:

Here's How Black People Actually Fare in Bernie Sanders' Home State http://mic.com/articles/124341/here-s-how-black-people-actually-fare-in-vermont-with-bernie-sanders-as-their-senator#.PEKV8l7al

It is biased, like US Uncut and truthdig, but they do reach out to people -- like those Vermont African Americans, who have been ignored elsewhere. Here's another source, with the same focus, although the more recent article delves more deeply into Bernie's connections (or lack of them) with the black community:

Here's How Black People Actually Fare in Bernie Sanders' Home State http://mic.com/articles/124341/here-s-how-black-people-actually-fare-in-vermont-with-bernie-sanders-as-their-senator#.PEKV8l7al

The difference is that BNR is owned by a Clinton operative. Owned.

The difference is that BNR is owned by a Clinton operative. Owned.

I used to be on the executive board of an NYC union -- one of the public employee unions. We were a motley crew. One of the other members used to say you can't believe anything you read, except in The Daily Worker.

Also, a couple of thoughts in regards to the .mic article:

One:  Bernie was never the governor of VT. 

Two:  From the article, "The black incarceration rate grew faster than any other in the state between 1993 and 2007, before it leveled out and stayed relatively constant."  I seem to recall there was a big push to build more prisons during that time.  Where ever did that come from?

On 4/22/2016 at 5:44 PM, BelleLeGrand1 said:

Also, a couple of thoughts in regards to the .mic article:

One:  Bernie was never the governor of VT. 

Two:  From the article, "The black incarceration rate grew faster than any other in the state between 1993 and 2007, before it leveled out and stayed relatively constant."  I seem to recall there was a big push to build more prisons during that time.  Where ever did that come from?

Prison Corporations.

On 4/24/2016 at 11:43 AM, JakeHolman said:

7ffeff92a003f7313c577aed887d2aa6.jpg

I'd guess that's your daughter, Jake - but the idea that anyone would make a child with you is pretty ridiculous, so I decided against that guess.

She certainly sounds stupid enough to be yours though.

This is from a 1949 cartoon that shows our college educational system. Talk about some things never change! (regarding last posts). Admin don't like us to post videos.

From the Broken Dreams Dept.

2vw5hsy.jpg

Entering employment office....

2mx32ic.jpg

...exitng

muk8z9.jpg

Sanders Gains Another Union Endorsement.....

"Bernie Sanders on Sunday announced that he had earned the backing of the United Electrical, Radio and Machine Workers of America, in the Democratic candidate's latest endorsement from a major national labor union as he looks to gain momentum ahead of Tuesday's five primaries.

Peter Knowlton, the union's national president, called the Vermont senator in a statement released through his campaign "the most pro-worker pro-union presidential candidate I have seen in my lifetime," adding that Sanders' candidacy “is a unique opportunity that workers and unions must not pass up."

Rank-and-file local delegates from the 35,000-member organization unanimously approved the endorsement of Sanders..."

http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-dem-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/04/sanders-snags-another-union-endorsement-222357?cmpid=sf

:D

• Like 1

quote-if-the-freedom-of-speech-is-taken-

The absurd Citizen's United ruling by the right wing dominated  Supreme Court did exactly that.  Money = "free speech".  And with such a disproportionate   amount of the wealth in the hands of a very few  (thanks to unregulated capitalism , corporate welfare, and taxation policy heavily  favorable to the wealthiest) the masses are losing their voice in this country.   

• Like 1

Thank you for answering, ham.

Looking at the linked list of 11 examples of PC gone mad, 7 are from the UK, 1 is from Australia, so all of those get ignored since they have nothing to do with us. Of the remaining 3, one is that some (unspecified) "councils and organizations" said that manholes should be called maintenance covers. That's stupid yet harmless, and is an isolated incident, and isn't an infringement of free speech on any level, except for official documents within those unspecified "councils and organizations". The remaining two examples are that religious celebrations (Easter and Christmas) in some PUBLIC schools have to change their wording if they wish to have these religious celebrations in PUBLIC schools, thus preserving separation of church and state. Also not an infringement of free speech. You are still allowed to call Easter = Easter and Christmas = Christmas, just not officially on publicly-funded school property. You can still celebrate whatever religious festivals you want however you want at home, in your place of worship or in a private school.

Like I said, I still don't see the reason for the free speech crusade. No one is going after it.

• Like 1
On 4/24/2016 at 11:41 PM, LawrenceA said:

Just curious, guys, but who's trying to infringe on your freedom of speech? Tonight's posting trend seems to have come out of left field.

They think that everything they say should be agreed with by everyone - or it's equal to not being allowed to talk.

Just your everyday right-wing cry-baby stuff - nothing new about it.