Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

WHY WERE WE CUT OFF FROM "THE TEN COMMANDMENTS"?

dear members; i am really angry!!   here i pay for TCM, EVERY MONTH, AND WHAT DO THEY DO? THEY TAKE THE TEN COMMANDMENTS OFF PASSOVER SCHEDULE!!!  THAT IS THE WORST F--  bs i have ever seen!!  we're supposed to go to a theater, to see it!!!  -F--  that!  !!I have a mind to demand my money back, from this tcm channel, cause of cut-service I no longer get!!!

I am, sick and tired of all the supposed-services we pay for,
being more cut back(like the dumb wine and other commercials on TCM ALL THE TIME)Aand I have seen this in other media. One very famous fashion magazine, that I took for decades, is now cutting its service and size, and RESORTING TO HIP HOP STARS!!---and cutting out its coverage of fashion events, so you have to buy more publishings on the side!!

I refuse to do it. I am dumping that magazine, cause once a service no longer functions, (yes, hip-hop-pop stars,and street fashion only) its no longer any good,If TCM gets that way, I can always find other ways to get old movies,I;'m not an old,inept person.I should be paying LESS MONEY TO CABLE TV, because of the cut of The Ten Commandments, for that month. I used to watch it, every year, and now, no one on tv channels shows it any more.

I don't approve of "movie and tv pirates on the web", but I can see why they do it; all these old movies used to be on free tv,and even the tv series used to be great.(the 60's had great westerns.)Now, EVERYTHING ON TV IS BAD.--and we have to pay for it!! I don;'t even watch any series, now,cause all the tv series are terrible!!  the last one, was "the New X-Files," which got brought back,and I used to watch "Supernatural," and that was it.(I watched "The Red Road," but they cut it,.too.)

Even HBO STINKS!!!  THAT is crappy!!Every single thing on tv, you gotta pay for, (twice, cause of tv commercials,) and just try to watch re-runs. the whole industry is on its last legs. --so, having TCM deliberately cut the Ten Commandments, and make you pay a theatre, to see it, is such BS!!  I am not buying any thing that TCM ADVERTISES, EVER AGAIN. NOTHING. i HAVE REALLY HAD IT WITH ALL THE GREEDY MEDIA!!!---

**** OFF WITH ALL THE "PAY-TV" BS, IN usa ..

Hello, Doreet.

I understand your frustration.  I am glad my teenaged neighbour showed me how to record things by PVR so that I can watch things when I want to watch them and fast forward through ads.

I used to get lots of mag subscriptions and have cancelled them all.

I live in British Columbia and there were several channels that aired The Ten Commandments and other religious epics  during Holy Week. 

I have movies that I want to watch every particular holiday.  For me, Christmas is Christmas without Sim's version of  Christmas Carol

TCM can't air "The 10 Commandments" since ABC-TV has owned the rights (probably) for years

I believe ABC aired it Easter Saturday this year

:unsure:

So you're saying that TCM didn't take the film OFF of their schedule since it was never ON their schedule?

If that is the case this rant of the OP is based on a misunderstanding.

So you're saying that TCM didn't take the film OFF of their schedule since it was never ON their schedule?

If that is the case the entire rant of the OP is a fraud.

"fraud' is rather an extreme term...

'doreet' may have seen a promo on TCM RE:

"TCM is/was doing a Fathom events theater showing, if available in your area...."

http://www.fathomeve...en-commandments

- giving the OP the benefit of the doubt

;)

The First Commandment is "Thou Shalt Not Post The Same Thing Three Times."

The Second Commandment (which I am breaking) is "Thou Shalt Not Post A Response To Something Posted Three Times."

• Like 1

"TCM is/was doing a Fathom events theater showing, if available in your area...."

http://www.fathomeve...en-commandments

;)

Yes, I think that this is likely.  TCM was talking about seeing the movie on the big screen.  I don't get down to Washington State anymore, but if I did, I could have seen it on the big screen in Bellingham.

;)

Ok,  I edited my post and I'm calling it a misunderstanding since I'm fine with giving someone the benefit of the doubt even when it appears they don't to TCM etc....

• Like 2

If that is the case this rant of the OP is based on a misunderstanding.

Yep. ABC has had the tv rights locked up for decades...........