Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Supernatural and the Spiritual

This thread has brought to mind a movie situation....but I can't recall the movie!

There are a group of children...well, their spirits, angels. The spirits of the children are in a hospital, just outside the delivery room. You hear a slap, a baby cry and one of the children disappear-presumably just born in the other room.

The movie ends there, with the implication baby spirits are just waiting to be born. It also implies reincarnation and is very cute & likeable.

It seems like this movie was b&w, but I just don't recall. I bet the word "angel" is in the title.

I've seen a movie like this.  Could it be the silent version of The Blue Bird?  While the two children are asleep trying to find the Blue Bird of Happiness I think this is the one where they are shown babies waiting to be born.

This thread has brought to mind a movie situation....but I can't recall the movie!

There are a group of children...well, their spirits, angels. The spirits of the children are in a hospital, just outside the delivery room. You hear a slap, a baby cry and one of the children disappear-presumably just born in the other room.

The movie ends there, with the implication baby spirits are just waiting to be born. It also implies reincarnation and is very cute & likeable.

It seems like this movie was b&w, but I just don't recall. I bet the word "angel" is in the title.

Someone mentioned.FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE (1950). It does sound like this comedy, with Clifton Webb and Edmund Gwenn as bumbling angels, Joan Bennett and Robert Cummins as a childless couple, and Gigi Perreau as the spirit of an unborn child hoping to go to this couple. Also with Joan Blondell.

• Like 2

Someone mentioned.FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE (1950). It does sound like this comedy, with Clifton Webb and Edmund Gwenn as bumbling angels, Joan Bennett and Robert Cummins as a childless couple, and Gigi Perreau as the spirit of an unborn child hoping to go to this couple. Also with Joan Blondell.

!

I just DO NOT see Clifton Webb as an angel.

He just seems to me like someone who would get one of the really good jobs in Hell, like working the door or being one of The Devil's field agents or something...Probably rise in the ranks really fast and be running the place inside a year.

• Like 4

!

I just DO NOT see Clifton Webb as an angel.

He just seems to me like someone who would get one of the really good jobs in Hell, like working the door or being one of The Devil's field agents or something...Probably rise in the ranks really fast and be running the place inside a year.

Lol. Even more incedibly, at one point he portrays a Texan in New York, complete with cowboy boots, ten gallon hat, and accent. This was done shortly after the success of SITTING PRETTY and the first Belvedere sequel, and the studio must've been seeing the range of what audiences would buy of their sudden new star. Webb himself started to refer to himself with this success as "America's Sweetheart"!