Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"Movie Books" & A Tip!

spence

I hope some may enjoy & or want to check these 2 "Movie Books" out-(NOTE: & as Ipreviously wrote, in my opinion they should have a running thread,etc on these, movie-memorabilia & all such great items!)

I already suggested these to another TCM-ITE on these great forums-(but won't divulge handle unless they want)

1st  "The Great Stars: The Golden Years" (by David Shipman) I think it's out of print, but it's avaisble on amazon & "Harvest Books" which handles such books & a lot!)

It covers virtually all the "Studio-System Heavyweights" & many photos of all

I actually read this so much it came apart, no kiddin'

2nd "The Genius of the System" (By Thomas Schatz)-(It was also a great TCM documentary a few yrs ago)

2 "Must Have Cinema Books!"  Although not among my top 5 I own to date

THANK YOU :D

• Like 1

I hope some may enjoy & or want to check these 2 "Movie Books" out-(NOTE: & as Ipreviously wrote, in my opinion they should have a running thread,etc on these, movie-memorabilia & all such great items!)

I already suggested these to another TCM-ITE on these great forums-(but won't divulge handle unless they want)

1st  "The Great Stars: The Golden Years" (by David Shipman) I think it's out of print, but it's avaisble on amazon & "Harvest Books" which handles such books & a lot!)

It covers virtually all the "Studio-System Heavyweights" & many photos of all

I actually read this so much it came apart, no kiddin'

2nd "The Genius of the System" (By Thomas Schatz)-(It was also a great TCM documentary a few yrs ago)

2 "Must Have Cinema Books!"  Although not among my top 5 I own to date

THANK YOU :D

I'm pretty sure I own that book "The Great Stars" since I saw it on my bookshelf the other day while I was cleaning the room with my Swiffer for the first time in months.

I can also recommend "Did He or Didn't He" which is a goofy book but a lot of fun. Also "Va-Va Voom" which is about all the fun girls of films. I do have more serious books, like the series on each studio's entire output of films, and of course exposes on Dreyer, and Bunuel and "The Foreign Film Encyclopedia" so I think your idea of spotlighting film books here is a great idea, Spence!

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings