Find results in...

Would you rather?!

4 hours ago, laffite said:

Would you rather :

play chess with Charles Laughton

or

go to choir practice with Loretta Young

On 7/29/2020 at 8:48 PM, Princess of Tap said:

.If you had a beautiful, intelligent and inquisitive daughter, would you rather she married:

James Stewart

Or

Errol Flynn??

1.  I'd prefer my daughter to marry James Stewart, for sure.  (But I can see her having once last fling with Errol before getting married.  Just don't tell me about it!)

2. I'd rather play chess with Charles Laughton.  Maybe he could give me a few tips to improve my game.  

Next:  Would you rather have a girls night out (or a night on the town, depending who you are) with Irene Dunne or Carole Lombard?

18 minutes ago, laffite said:

If I were a girl I would choose Carole. She knows more how have fun. Irene is a bit reserved.

Let's have an encore of the question.

Would you rather have a girls night out with Irene Dunn or Carole Lombard

I would have liked to have been there at the Venice Pier amusement park when Carole did have her "girls night out " with a number of other female top movie stars.

The only reason I remember this is because it was controversial at the time.

The Press made a big deal about it--

claiming that some alleged lesbian and/ or bisexual female Stars were coupled and making a date night of it.

Carole really did know how to throw fun parties.

Next:

Would you rather take a private boat trip to Santa Catalina with William Holden?

OR

Go down to Palm Springs to attend a private Rat Pack party at Frank Sinatra's palatial estate?

( This one would be too hard for me to answer.):P

I would prefer the boat trip to Catalina so long there a few more guests  than just two people. The Rat Pack are a bunch of idiots. I mean rather that's my MO, to consort with macho with all that booze and those smashing females. I hope Edith Cortright will be on the Catalina boat :D;

Let's do the question again for a second opinion, if that's okay Madame Princess. Since I answered so quickly.

Next:

Would you rather take a private boat trip to Santa Catalina with William Holden?

OR

Go down to Palm Springs to attend a private Rat Pack party at Frank Sinatra's palatial estate?

I'd take the private boat trip with William Holden.  I'm too mousy to hang out with the Rat Pack. I'd see Sinatra in concert, though.

Next:  Would you rather live in the top floor apartment of Barefoot in the Park or in The Dakota apartment next to the geriatric devil worshipers of Rosemary's Baby?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Peebs said:

I'd take the private boat trip with William Holden.  I'm too mousy to hang out with the Rat Pack. I'd see Sinatra in concert, though.

Next:  Would you rather live in the top floor apartment of Barefoot in the Park or in The Dakota apartment next to the geriatric devil worshipers of Rosemary's Baby?

I'll take the Dakota apartment next to John and Yoko--

If Paul McCartney comes over, he'll swear that it's the one with the devil in it--but he couldn't convince me.

Next:

Let's stick with apartment buildings.

Would you rather get involved with Jack Lemmon's "rent by the hour" apartment queue in "The Apartment"?

Or

Have fun with the Navy conga line in the basement apartment of "My Sister Eileen"?

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I've never been in the basement apartment of Eileen (or whoever) but I might take a chance on that than the infamous apartment of ill repute run by CC Baxter and Mr Sheldy-boy. I have my own pad anyway complete with bar, cable, and boudoir. I have a cook on Wednesdays and on other nights we go Chinese.

Next  :   Would you rather go up in a balloon with David Niven or 20,000 leagues under the sea with James Mason?

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...

I'm reviving this thread, 😁 I'd definitely rather go 20,000 leagues under the sea with James Mason, scared of heights, sorry David!😅

Next: Would you rather watch over Baby the Leopard with Katharine Hepburn OR Cary Grant?

• Like 1

Cary Grant.....because......Cary Grant.

Next: Would you rather ride motorcycles with Peter Fonda and Dennis Hopper (Easy Rider, 1969) or Bette Davis and Ernest Borgnine (Bunny O'Hare, 1971)?

I have no idea what it was like with Davis and Borgy but it's possible it may have been (ultimately) safer.

Would you rather watch a Joan Crawford movie with Bette Davis, or, watch a Bette Davis movie with Joan Crawford?

• Like 1

I'd go with watching a Joan Crawford movie with Bette Davis. I think she would be irreverent and non-PC about it, but much wittier. 

Next: Would you rather hang out with Roger Moore's James Bond, or Roger Moore's The Saint?

• Like 1