Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Paulll

Would you rather?!

For me it would be winning The Tony Award. I love movies, but I absolutely adore the theater.

Next:

Would you rather be an actor or actress performing a role on stage in a musical or a play?

I'd say a role in a play---- though I do love musicals.

Next:

Would rather sing with Luciano Pavarotti at the Met, or Willie Nelson at The Grand Old Opry ?

Without hesitation, it's Luciano Pavarotti

Next:

Would you rather sing with Michael Feinstein or Steve Allen playing the piano?

• Like 1

Steve Allen, one of my favorite people ever, although he would surely break my concentration with some off the cuff antic gesture or whatever (he'd think of something). No matter, I like laughing better than singing.

--

Would you rather have an old-fashion malted milk in one of those quaint little fountains of yore with Annette Funicello or Sandra Dee? Or if you're a goil, James Darren or Rickey Nelson?

Even if I'm a goil, can I pick Annette Funicello, because I would rather have an old fashioned malted milk with Annette.

Next:

Who would you rather catch you in mid-air Christopher Reeve or Henry Cavill (as Superman of course)?

• Like 1

I would rather have them both miss me and then be caught in mid-air by Wonder Woman (I think there's such a person, yes? I hope she can fly. I hope this answer doesn't break any rules ;-) .

Marsha, your previous answer was cute.

==

Would you rather sail with Captain Hook or with the (real) Laffite, the buccaneer?

I'd say Capt Hook (voiced by Hans Conried) in Walt Disney's "PETER PAN" (1951)

Next: Would you rather soar with Sally Field ("The Flying Nun") or fun in the sun with Sandra Dee in ("Gidget") ?

Sally Field. She's absolutely adorable and a really great actress.

Next: Would you rather be a cast member on Saturday Night Live or The Carol Burnett Show? (Any season you like)

I'd rather be a cast member on "The Carol Burnett Show" (esp if it was a "Mama's Family" skit)

Next: Would you rather meet Tina Fey or Amy Poehler?

Tina & Amy are both undeniably incredible, but I am devoted to my favorite, genius Tina Fey!

Next: Would you rather be cast alongside Kate Winslet or Cate Blanchett?

Kate Winslett. Cate is fine but I have a boundless admiration for Kate, she doesn't do anything the least bit wrong in her roles, she seems just perfect. My star will rise higher to be in a movie with her IMO.

=

Would you rather play ping pong with Marilyn Monroe or Jayne Mansfield?

Kate Winslett. Cate is fine but I have a boundless admiration for Kate, she doesn't do anything the least bit wrong in her roles, she seems just perfect. My star will rise higher to be in a movie with her IMO.

=

Would you rather play ping pong with Marilyn Monroe or Jayne Mansfield?

Laffite- you could not be more correct about Kate Winslet! She is one of my all time favorite actors, as I harbor a profound and genuine love for her (as an actress.) Kate is a gift to art in general. I do really like and respect Cate Blanchett as well, but Winslet is The Great Kate! :)

And Marilyn Monroe. I think she was an intelligent and interesting woman, worthy of much more than she ever received carrer-wise. I also believe Hollywood did their best to suppress the true Marilyn, creating what they wanted her to be. I respect Marilyn as well.

Next: Would you rather shoot on original film or on digital?

original film, less glossy but warmer in texture, sorry that it is so gone.

Dubbed, it's fortunate that the other you-know-who Kate isn't around to hear you say that. Of course she was the humble one and would understand. Never mind her autobiography was entitled, "Me."

==

With whom would you rather go swimming, Johnny Weismuller or Esther Williams?

original film, less glossy but warmer in texture, sorry that it is so gone.

Dubbed, it's fortunate that the other you-know-who Kate isn't around to hear you say that. Of course she was the humble one and would understand. Never mind her autobiography was entitled, "Me."

==

With whom would you rather go swimming, Johnny Weismuller or Esther Williams?

Laffite- I have hope for original film! Some directors still use it, but unfortunately it's been shoved into the minority by far when filming.

As for Cate & Kate, I just really love Winslet! Blanchett is great as well (I fell so hard for her film, Carol b/c of well, everything really) and is widely considered an actor of her generation (I'm sure many have called her The Great Cate too), but Winslet has my heart! Maybe I should have referred to her as My Great Kate! :)

And Esther Williams. For some reason, I feel like we would have much more to discuss.

Next: Would you rather be largely known for big blockbusters or for artsy/indie films with great depth (providing great character development, etc.)?

I'd rather be known for a big blockbuster.

Next: Would you rather be a well known make-up artist (ie The Westmores) or a costume designer (ie Edith Head) ?

I'm going with costumer designer on this one. While I do love great hairstyles and makeup, costuming can really give particular insight into a character. Clothes can really tell a story.

Next: Would you rather sing on a recorded track or live for a film? (Lip sync vs. live)

I'd rather sing on a recorded track.

Next: Would you rather appear on an episode of "GREEN ACRES" or "PETTICOAT JUNCTION"? 

I'd rather be on an episode of "Green Acres" just for the chance to meet Eddie Albert.

Next:

Would you rather be in an episode of "Maverick" or "The Rockford Files"?

I have to go with "THE ROCKFORD FILES" (love the theme music)

Next: Would you rather appear in an episode of "BONANZA" or "GUNSMOKE"?

Gunsmoke, such fine characters. I would probably be gunned down by the Marshal. Then while the Doc was trying to save my life, I would make a pass at Kitty and get slapped in the face. Sounds like great fun.

--

Would you rather have lunch with the characters (not the cast) of Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf or the characters in Long Day's Journey Into Night. And you have to be upbeat and cheerful with whomever you choose, and that might not be easy.

Definitely Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?! Martha could yell at me as much as she wanted (during lunch). I do love the film, but the gritty, visceral emotional journey of the story is what reels me in.

Another great one, Laffite!

Next: Would you rather be a lauded auteur director or a powerful actor of chameleon wizardry?

An auteur director or an actor of chameleon wizardry?  Wow, I have to go with the actor because even a director with (almost)  complete control still has to collaborate with others while an actor is his only collaborator- he has a director and fellow actors to contend with but in the end he  is the master of his performance

next: would you rather be a brilliant film director from the silents with 90% of your films lost to posterity or a decent director from the talkies with all your films preserved 

I'd have to say a director of talkies, where future movie lovers could watch over and over again.

Next: Would you rather appear in an MGM musical (ie "TAKE ME OUT TO THE BALL GAME") or a Warner Bros. comedy (ie "BROTHER RAT") ?

I'd rather be one of The Three Stooges..,.knuck knuck knuck

Next: Would you rather appear in film with Kirk Douglas or son, Michael Douglas?