Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Cabinet of Doctor Calamari

CaveGirl

Just wanted to see if everyone was awake!

Hey, if TCM can sell wine for movie watching, how about starting a calamari enterprise also though I don't know what movies it would be best for as a dinner item. Maybe "Moby Dick" or perhaps "Jaws"?

There is a really funny take-off of TCODC on Youtube if you decide not to watch all the German cinema tonight. I do plan to watch the documentary concerning the Third Reich years and before, and "Faust" since I've only seen the Jan Svankmajer version with puppets and clay models.

Anyone who loves expressionistic lighting should be in heaven tonite.

Who will be glued to the tv set?

• Like 3

I own this film in its 'original" title version.  I love it.  I also want to see the documentary that gave this festival its name.

Ya never know, GPF; ya might really enjoy the non-original Calamari version, particularly if it is deep fried!

• Like 1

Ya never know, GPF; ya might really enjoy the non-original Calamari version, particularly if it is deep fried!

Deep fried - probably not good for my acid reflux but then again, you have to eat something during the film.

Maybe we can start our own TCM food club where we pair retitled movie titles with food?

You've ruined it for my "Misinterpreted Thread Titles" thread.

Carry on. Please.

B)

Haha!

Where is this thread, since I like misunderstood titles and lyrics.

One of my favorites, is the song by Herman's Hermits called "She's a Must to Avoid" which has been called "She's a Muscular Boy" by some hearing challenged folks.

• Like 2

Haha!

Where is this thread, since I like misunderstood titles and lyrics.

One of my favorites, is the song by Herman's Hermits called "She's a Must to Avoid" which has been called "She's a Muscular Boy" by some hearing challenged folks.

Scuse me while I kiss this guy....... (while I kiss the sky)

Life would be ecstasy, you and me and Leslie... (you and me endlessly)

Wouldn't the 2005 Noah Baumbach movie "THE SQUID AND THE WHALE" qualify as a dandy double-feature with CABINET OF DOCTOR CALAMARI? 

Very clever, Mr.G.

I've seen the British version called "The Quid, The Squid and The Whale".

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings