Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anne Jackson 1926-2016

Swithin

I saw Eli Wallach and Anne Jackson in Jean Anouilh's "The Waltz of the Toreadors" in a Broadway production at Circle In The Square Uptown.

The both of them gave me such a magical Sunday afternoon in the theater.

RIP, Miss Jackson, you were such a memorable performer.

doan hold your breath waitin' for tcm to show 'the tiger makes out' from 1967 starring eli wallach and anne jackson.

I doan waste my time waitin' on tcm to do things that are sensible. :lol:

It's just recently been in rotation on either Get TV or Movies! channel, within the last couple of months I've seen it. nice film.

That is sad news.

But 90 IS a good run, and we all know now she's in good company.

I also know his might sound silly, but------

Even though I KNOW they're NOT related, I long thought ANNE and GLENDA JACKSON resembled each other close enough to at least be sisters.  Like the close resemblance between sisters AUDREY and JAYNE MEADOWS.

I've only seen ELI and ANNE work together in a TV movie or two, but haven't had both the  pleasure and privilege of seeing them together onstage.

Sepiatone

Anne made her movie debut in an early 50's movie about a girls reform school with two other actresses also being "introduced":  Anne Francis and Rosita Moreno, aka Rita.  I can't recall the name but I think it's been on TCMIt's not very good but I guess a girl, or girls, have to start somewhere.  Together that's a hundred years or so of real talent. 

Eli and she made such a charming couple.  I truly hope there are together again in some wonderful place.  RIP, Dear Lady.  

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings