Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

LOL

If it were allowed, I'd give your previous posting TEN "likes", Lawrence!

(...'cause I haven't seen a better OR more actuate OR more succinct representation of what all those idiot Born Agains' and Evangelicals' mindset actually boils down to!!!...CHEERS, dude!!!)  

As a matter of FACT here Lawrence ol' boy, I WOULDN'T even think LESS of you IF you decided to "like' YOUR OWN post there!!!

(...YOU know, like Jake and ND both do all the time to THEIR OWN posts around here...well, it's either THAT or as you know, they're often inclined to REPLY to themselves an awful lot TOO...ever wonder what a trained mental health expert would say about that???) ;)

LOL

• Like 2

As a matter of FACT here Lawrence ol' boy, I WOULDN'T even think LESS of you IF you decided to "like' YOUR OWN post there!!!

(...YOU know, like Jake and ND both do all the time to THEIR OWN posts around here...well, it's either THAT or as you know, they're often inclined to REPLY to themselves an awful lot TOO...ever wonder what a trained mental health expert would say about that???) ;)

LOL

I like me....I really like me.

Most one-hit wonders gradually fade out of public consciousness,

but Buffet has kept this thing going for decades with his fanatical

fan base. I believe there was a profile on Buffet a number of years

ago on 60 Minutes showing that when it comes to marketing, he is

very astute concerning his audience and what they want, and he

gives it to them. I've never understood all the excitement, but I

guess it works like a charm on enough folks to keep it going.

Very good analysis of why Buffet is far, far more than a one hit wonder.  He also has had concerts throughout the US and the world, so more than just a Florida or Southern thing.

I'm not a Parrothead (Buffet super-fan), but I do like much of his music.  Have 4 or 5 CD's and some are better than others.  I've only been to one "concert" and that was by Buffet.  Good friend of mine invited me.  Buffet does know how to entertain his people and what they want to hear.  Incidentally, he is originally from South Alabama.

Search Parrotheads to learn more about his fan base and why he is still so active as an entertainer - and marketer.  Has been threatening to quit touring for years, but fans still keep packing the venues.

Occured to me that his music is somewhat like that of ABBA's, but not nearly as good.  It is "happy" music that gets his fans into a joyous mood.  Of course, beer and margarita's don't hurt.

I watched the ABBA movie on TCM the other day and occured to me that I liked their music and still do because it is "happy."

Very good analysis of why Buffet is far, far more than a one hit wonder.  He also has had concerts throughout the US and the world, so more than just a Florida or Southern thing.

I'm not a Parrothead (Buffet super-fan), but I do like much of his music.  Have 4 or 5 CD's and some are better than others.  I've only been to one "concert" and that was by Buffet.  Good friend of mine invited me.  Buffet does know how to entertain his people and what they want to hear.  Incidentally, he is originally from South Alabama.

Search Parrotheads to learn more about his fan base and why he is still so active as an entertainer - and marketer.  Has been threatening to quit touring for years, but fans still keep packing the venues.

Occured to me that his music is somewhat like that of ABBA's, but not nearly as good.  It is "happy" music that gets his fans into a joyous mood.  Of course, beer and margarita's don't hurt.

I watched the ABBA movie on TCM the other day and occured to me that I liked their music and still do because it is "happy."

I just never got into Buffet, for no particular reason. Magaritaville

is a nice sing along song, so I like it. And he certainly knows his

audience. I didn't like ABBA that much, but they eventually grew

on me and all resistance was futile. They do know a good pop

hook when they hear one, and they've heard a lot of them.

‘Family’ Group Says It’s Now Sending Men Into Target’s Women’s Restrooms

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/anti-lgbt-group-testing-target-restrooms_us_5727928ce4b01a5ebde63950

A director for the American Family Association (AFA) says it’s sending men into the women’s restrooms at Target stores to test its barriers after the retail giant announced that its facilities will be transgender friendly.

Sandy Rios, the director of government affairs for the AFA, revealed her group’s agenda in a radio interview Monday.

Speaking on “Breitbart News Daily“ Rios said the group’s concerned that women and children could be victimized by men who enter female restrooms while falsely claiming to be transgender. 

“The chief concern, even more than just, I think, trauma, certainly for little girls of having men dressed like women coming in their bathrooms, the chief concern of the American Family Association is the predators who will take advantage,” she said. 

Well, I'll have to take your word for it. I've never known anyone who said they like Jimmy Buffet. Not one person.

Maybe you have to live in Florida or something.

Or Montana, 40 years ago. Here he is in the town where I spent the first nine years of my newspaper career:

‘Family’ Group Says It’s Now Sending Men Into Target’s Women’s Restrooms

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/anti-lgbt-group-testing-target-restrooms_us_5727928ce4b01a5ebde63950

A director for the American Family Association (AFA) says it’s sending men into the women’s restrooms at Target stores to test its barriers after the retail giant announced that its facilities will be transgender friendly.

Sandy Rios, the director of government affairs for the AFA, revealed her group’s agenda in a radio interview Monday.

Speaking on “Breitbart News Daily“ Rios said the group’s concerned that women and children could be victimized by men who enter female restrooms while falsely claiming to be transgender.

“The chief concern, even more than just, I think, trauma, certainly for little girls of having men dressed like women coming in their bathrooms, the chief concern of the American Family Association is the predators who will take advantage,” she said.

I think that's a different group than Focus on the Family from Colorado Springs Colorado.

I used to listen to that group's leader James Dobson on the radio. He had Pat Buchanan on all the time.

He was disappointing as a Christian because when the minister of his church, who was also leader in the Evangelical movement had a crisis, he and the other church leaders dropped the man like a hot potato.

The married Minister was found to be in a homosexual relationship - - He used his partner as a sexual object and had to use drugs before he could get to that point.

The minister was working for the re-election of George W Bush in 2004; it all came to a head when his sexual partner appeared on The Today Show.

Instead of working with the minister and seeing him through this crisis, Dobson and the other board members of this church threw the minister out. He and His family had to go to another location and work odd jobs.

It wasn't the Christian thing to do.

I remember this so well because this guy was actually elected head of the Evangelical National something or other - - and was working with George Bush for his renomination and 2004. He was not an obscure minister. On television I saw him Attending White House meetings.

So the group that doesn't want men in women's restrooms is sending men into women's restrooms. Duh.

Next they'll actually be attacking the women to prove their point that men are a danger to women if they go into their bathrooms.

Although the fact that transgenders have proven to be no danger to women in bathrooms whatsoever may get lost in all the hubbub of it.

Here's a link to a Huffington post story about an outbreak of Christian protesters harassing and terrorizing customers at Target stores all over the country. There are cell phone videos of the incidents. 

Truly sad, and sickening, but not at all surprising.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/protesters-invade-target-stores-to-preach_us_5728acf7e4b0bc9cb044862e

• Like 1

Dont they have anything better to do?? They should look to their own lives instead of throwing stones at others. Typical Bible Thumpers........

• Like 1

Next they'll actually be attacking the women to prove their point that men are a danger to women if they go into their bathrooms.

Although the fact that transgenders have proven to be no danger to women in bathrooms whatsoever may get lost in all the hubbub of it.

I wouldn't be surprised. The first thing the right wingers did

was focus on the women and girls will be in danger argument,

and that's what they are sticking to. Even they probably know

the simple anti-transgender argument won't work.

Thanks for the links, Lawrence.

There are always news stories about protests that end up violent.  I see them on one hour news programs to keep up to date but this is an example of how and why I simply cannot watch 24 hours news channels anymore.  Here in B.C. yesterday, there was major news  violent protest in Seattle that was political in nature though not about this subject.

"It looks an awful lot like politics to me,” NC House Speaker Tim Moore, a Kings Mountain Republican, told reporters. “I guess President Obama, in his final months in office, has decided to take up this ultra-liberal agenda.”

Doncha love it how these people who base their own politics on religious grounds call anybody who doesn't "ultra-liberal"?!

(...nope, Mr. Evangelist/House Speaker...it's just that you're SO far to the freakin' Right that you view anybody who DOESN'T do this sort of thing as "ultra-liberal", and WHEN in fact Mr.Evangelist/House freakin' Speaker, the vast MAJORITY of Americans today, and thus the prevailing CENTER of the electorate in this country just DON'T agree with you...and dude, I BE ONE OF 'EM, and dude, I AIN'T "ultra-liberal"!!!)

• Like 1

This is all old news. The Confederates said the same thing when they tried to desegregate the schools and they said the same thing when bussing came into vogue.

These are just Confederates who are into states rights because they don't want to be under federal law, i.e. to observe the US Constitution.

PS--Dargo-- I got you one better, I'm not even a liberal-- the bill is just unconstitutional.

I wouldn't put too much credence in their being Christians - - these people just use, or I should say misuse and abuse Christianity to hide their hatred.

• Like 1

This is all old news. The Confederates said the same thing when they tried to desegregate the schools and they said the same thing when bussing came into vogue.

These are just Confederates who are into states rights because they don't want to be under federal law, i.e. to observe the US Constitution.

PS--Dargo-- I got you one better, I'm not even a liberal-- the bill is just unconstitutional.

I wouldn't put too much credence in their being Christians - - these people just use, or I should say misuse and abuse Christianity to hide their hatred.

Just to be pedantic, these are not Confederates.  All the Confederates are dead.

These are just the same old white racists that have always been around.  Don't forget the major controversies in Boston, MA when busing was ordered in order to integrate the schools there.  

These same people are sitting in legislatures and governors offices throughout the US and are watching.  Just as they did when the voter suppression laws started.  It may start in the South, but it expands nationally very quickly as GOPers become more powerful.

I'm sorry Cid.

I don't know that much about the south. Where I come from people who are racists fly the Confederate flag. And that's why we call them Confederates.

That's what they call themselves here.

They fly it in their yards, they have it on their trucks and they have it on their t-shirts.

I don't know that much about the South, but in the midwest the Confederacy is alive and Kicking.

"It looks an awful lot like politics to me,” NC House Speaker Tim Moore, a Kings Mountain Republican, told reporters. “I guess President Obama, in his final months in office, has decided to take up this ultra-liberal agenda.”

Doncha love it how these people who base their own politics on religious grounds call anybody who doesn't "ultra-liberal"?!

(...nope, Mr. Evangelist/House Speaker...it's just that you're SO far to the freakin' Right that you view anybody who DOESN'T do this sort of thing as "ultra-liberal", and WHEN in fact Mr.Evangelist/House freakin' Speaker, the vast MAJORITY of Americans today, and thus the prevailing CENTER of the electorate in this country just DON'T agree with you...and dude, I BE ONE OF 'EM, and dude, I AIN'T "ultra-liberal"!!!)

What evidence do you have that "the vast majority of Americans" support allowing people with male gender parts to use female restrooms?       Note I'm being specific here;  I assume a majority of Americans are OK with allowing a transformed Transgender female (i.e. one without a male gender part) to use a female restroom,   but I don't know where Americans stand as it relates to a non-transformed individual.

Anyhow,  I support unisex restroom.   

What evidence do you have that "the vast majority of Americans" support allowing people with male gender parts to use female restrooms?  

They have to be women with male gender parts.

That would be pre-op transgenders. I would believe they must be presenting themselves as women to use the women's toilet area. The wearing of a dress (among other accessories) is very helpful in this.

• Like 1

They have to be women with male gender parts.

That would be pre-op transgenders. I would believe they must be presenting themselves as women to use the women's toilet area. The wearing of a dress (among other accessories) is very helpful in this.

A good example of what dark Blue means can be seen in the movie The Adventures of Sebastian Cole, an independent movie in which Cole's step-father decides to become a  woman.