Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

darkblue
It seems your presuming  that an operation  and change of clothes is forth coming. What if the person has a strong belief that the change is on the inside and changing the outside is not his or hers choice, maybe only a change of name is sufficient. It was a lot simpler 50 years ago when people were drag queens or butches; we've come a long way.

If you're not presenting yourself as female, there's no reason to allow you to use the bathroom designated for females.

If you're presenting yourself as male, there's already a bathroom for you to use.

• Like 1

I'm sorry Cid.

I don't know that much about the south. Where I come from people who are racists fly the Confederate flag. And that's why we call them Confederates.

That's what they call themselves here.

They fly it in their yards, they have it on their trucks and they have it on their t-shirts.

I don't know that much about the South, but in the midwest the Confederacy is alive and Kicking.

Just trying to be accurate. Confederates were those who served in the Confederate military or government or lived in and supported the Confederate States of America.  To call someone today a Confederate is an insult to those that actually were part of the CSA.  It is also inaccurate.  Worst of all, it gives a certain amount of prestige or credibility to people and groups who are not deserving of either.

Please don't bring up war for slavery and all that.  It was a diffiferent time, politics were different and technically it was a nation for four years.

Your "Confederates" today are racists, hate mongers and generally despicable. 

If you're not presenting yourself as female, there's no reason to allow you to use the bathroom designated for females.

If you're presenting yourself as male, there's already a bathroom for you to use.

DB;  What you say here is very reasonable,   but it is not what the pro-transgender laws being passed state  (e.g. the law in CA now).    i.e. there is no requirement one look like a women to use a women's restroom.    Instead the law was changed so that if one believed they were a women,  regardless of what they looked like or what their bio-gender was \ is,   they were allowed to use the women's restroom. 

Regardless I don't believe any law is necessary,  one way or the other,  since basic common sense is all that is required.

Just trying to be accurate. Confederates were those who served in the Confederate military or government or lived in and supported the Confederate States of America.  To call someone today a Confederate is an insult to those that actually were part of the CSA.  It is also inaccurate.  Worst of all, it gives a certain amount of prestige or credibility to people and groups who are not deserving of either.

Please don't bring up war for slavery and all that.  It was a diffiferent time, politics were different and technically it was a nation for four years.

Members of the CSA were traitors that took up arms against their own government,  the government of the USA.   To call someone a Confederate today is an insult since 99.9% of the time they do NOT support taking up arms against the government of the USA.  

• Like 1

darkblue

If a person chooses to use there personality over that of there out ward appearance as to the choice of bathrooms, just maybe I found a group of people that could use some of that equal rights Princess of Tap is talking about.  LOL

I have no idea what you mean. Sounds to me like you're just making **** up to be obstinate.

Like "religious" people do.

DB;  What you say here is very reasonable,   but it is not what the pro-transgender laws being passed state  (e.g. the law in CA now).    i.e. there is no requirement one look like a women to use a women's restroom.    Instead the law was changed so that if one believed they were a women,  regardless of what they looked like or what their bio-gender was \ is,   they were allowed to use the women's restroom. 

You've read the law fully?

You've read the law fully?

Here is what I found on the CA law that went in effect on January 1st 2014 that applied to students in public schools;

The new law gives students the right "to participate in sex-segregated programs, activities and facilities" based on their self-perception and regardless of their birth gender.

Here is what I found on the CA law that went in effect on January 1st 2014 that applied to students in public schools;

The new law gives students the right "to participate in sex-segregated programs, activities and facilities" based on their self-perception and regardless of their birth gender.

Sounds like some fine-tuning will be due there. Just wait until a group of chicks making absolutely no effort to look masculine invades the boys' showers completely nude with the cry of "we identify as males!" and then we'll see what amendments are added to the law.

I can see this happening in a college somewhere.

Just trying to be accurate. Confederates were those who served in the Confederate military or government or lived in and supported the Confederate States of America. To call someone today a Confederate is an insult to those that actually were part of the CSA. It is also inaccurate. Worst of all, it gives a certain amount of prestige or credibility to people and groups who are not deserving of either.

Please don't bring up war for slavery and all that. It was a diffiferent time, politics were different and technically it was a nation for four years.

And this time, Cid, I'm really sorry for you.

The Confederacy was the bastion of slavery and terrorism against black people.

Don't tell me it was the time because they had no slavery in England.

The Confederates were Insurrectionists against the United States.

In my opinion, it's impossible to insult people who wanted to destroy the United States and wanted to maintain black human beings in slavery.

There is no honor or prestige that was ever associated with the Confederacy, slavery, the film Birth of a Nation or the Klan-- it's all the same thing.

That's why a movie like Gone With the Wind is simply a Confederate Viewpoint - - but erroneous history.

The legacy of the Confederacy - - is Jim Crow - - Black Codes - - lynchings, segregation, sharecropping, and all the terrorism that greeted Martin Luther King in the Civil Rights Movement.

• Like 1

Please don't bring up war for slavery and all that.

Cid--

Let me get one thing perfectly clear - - please don't bring up war and slavery and all that--

Please don't bring up the nearly 3,000,000 --3 Million black people who were tortured, terrorized and imprisoned in that peculiar institution for the enrichment of southern slaveholders - -

and please don't bring up the 620,000 Americans who died in the Civil War.

I'll remember not to bring them up.

Please don't bring up war for slavery and all that.

Cid--

Let me get one thing perfectly clear - - please don't bring up war and slavery and all that--

Please don't bring up the nearly 3,000,000 --3 Million black people who were tortured, terrorized and imprisoned in that peculiar institution for the enrichment of southern slaveholders - -

and please don't bring up the 620,000 Americans who died in the Civil War.

I'll remember not to bring them up.

My request was that we not get into a debate about the causes of the war and the beliefs and justifications of the various parties.  My post was only explaining that the term "Confederates" as you used it is not accurate to describe people who are racist and fly Confederate flags.  Especially when those people are in an area that probably fought for or supported the Union in the Civil War. 

Trying to keep it limited.  A discussion of right vs. wrong, etc. re: Civil War, slavery, states rights, etc. could fill a library - and it has.

And this time, Cid, I'm really sorry for you.

The Confederacy was the bastion of slavery and terrorism against black people.

Don't tell me it was the time because they had no slavery in England.

The Confederates were Insurrectionists against the United States.

In my opinion, it's impossible to insult people who wanted to destroy the United States and wanted to maintain black human beings in slavery.

There is no honor or prestige that was ever associated with the Confederacy, slavery, the film Birth of a Nation or the Klan-- it's all the same thing.

That's why a movie like Gone With the Wind is simply a Confederate Viewpoint - - but erroneous history.

The legacy of the Confederacy - - is Jim Crow - - Black Codes - - lynchings, segregation, sharecropping, and all the terrorism that greeted Martin Luther King in the Civil Rights Movement.

Just plain wrong on so many levels.  Don't assume I am defending any of the above processes, which were nationwide either de facto or de jure.

Obviously you are biased and prejudiced about your particular viewpoint of history.  I really feel sorry for you - and your obvious intolerance of others and jumping to conclusions.

Members of the CSA were traitors that took up arms against their own government,  the government of the USA.   To call someone a Confederate today is an insult since 99.9% of the time they do NOT support taking up arms against the government of the USA.  

No one was ever tried for nor convicted of treason. The US government, even under the control of the Radical Republicans during Reconstruction, did not adjudicate them as traitors.

They were not traitors, anymore than the American colonists who rose up against the British in 1776 were "traitors."

This is why I did not want to get into a discussion about the war itself.  Just stating that use of "Confederates" to describe current racist is inappropriate, especially when they do not even live in what was the CSA.

Incidentally, your 99.9% figure is grossly inaccurate.  Many of the people in these groups do advocate overthrow of the government.

Read an article today which stated that the new president of the 17 university UNC system was hired because the Republicans in NC took over the system and terminated the former president on the basis that the UNC system is too liberal.

Just plain wrong on so many levels. Don't assume I am defending any of the above processes, which were nationwide either de facto or de jure.

Obviously you are biased and prejudiced about your particular viewpoint of history. I really feel sorry for you - and your obvious intolerance of others and jumping to conclusions.

South Carolina lynching statistics-- Source University of Missouri at Kansas City--UMKC Law School

1882--1968--156 black people lynched in South Carolina

Anthony Crawford, a wealthy African-American land owner was lynched in Abbeville, South Carolina, Oct.21, 1916.

Mr. Crawford was lynched by a white mob; the original altercation occurred during a business transaction. Mr. Crawford was considered to be the richest man in Abbeville and a large landholder.

After the lynching his property was confiscated by a number of the people who had lynched him.

Mr. Crawford was considered to be wealthy because he had 427 Acres of land.

Just plain wrong on so many levels. Don't assume I am defending any of the above processes, which were nationwide either de facto or de jure.

Obviously you are biased and prejudiced about your particular viewpoint of history. I really feel sorry for you - and your obvious intolerance of others and jumping to conclusions.

Charleston Church Massacre

Charleston, South Carolina

Emmanuel African Methodist Church

June 17, 2015

9 African American members of the Emanuel African Methodist Church in Charleston, South Carolina were gunned down by a shooter on June 17th 2015.

A tenth victim survived.

Among those African-Americans lynched was the senior pastor Clementa C Pinckney, who was also a state senator.

The alleged shooter, Dylann Roof, a self-proclaimed white supremacist, stated that his motivation was to start a race war.

On Mr Roof's website, he was seen posing with an emblem associated with white supremacy - - the Confederate flag.

Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church is the oldest AME church in the south. The church was founded in 1816.

The original Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church building was burned down in 1822 on June 16th by white Charleston citizens, who feared that members of the AME Church were planing a slave uprising, scheduled to ignite the next day.

The church lynching took place on the 193rd anniversary of the alleged thwarted

slave rebellion.

The shooting suspect, Dylann Roof has been charged with nine counts of Murder by the state of South Carolina and he also faces federal hate crime charges, which could result in the death penalty.

The Enlightenment French philosopher and writer Voltaire was noted for this saying-- the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

No one was ever tried for nor convicted of treason. The US government, even under the control of the Radical Republicans during Reconstruction, did not adjudicate them as traitors.

They were not traitors, anymore than the American colonists who rose up against the British in 1776 were "traitors."

This is why I did not want to get into a discussion about the war itself.  Just stating that use of "Confederates" to describe current racist is inappropriate, especially when they do not even live in what was the CSA.

Incidentally, your 99.9% figure is grossly inaccurate.  Many of the people in these groups do advocate overthrow of the government.

The American colonist were traitors.  Of course they were.   This is similar to the point of;  one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.    Therefore being a traitor isn't necessary a bad thing by default (which appears to be what you assume and therefore you run from the word).        

The American colonist were traitors.  Of course they were.   This is similar to the point of;  one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.    Therefore being a traitor isn't necessary a bad thing by default (which appears to be what you assume and therefore you run from the word).        

As used in the posts here, it did mean "a bad thing."  The people using it intended for it to mean a negative re: the CSA.

Charleston Church Massacre

Charleston, South Carolina

Emmanuel African Methodist Church

June 17, 2015

9 African American members of the Emanuel African Methodist Church in Charleston, South Carolina were gunned down by a shooter on June 17th 2015.

A tenth victim survived.

Among those African-Americans lynched was the senior pastor Clementa C Pinckney, who was also a state senator.

The alleged shooter, Dylann Roof, a self-proclaimed white supremacist, stated that his motivation was to start a race war.

On Mr Roof's website, he was seen posing with an emblem associated with white supremacy - - the Confederate flag.

Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church is the oldest AME church in the south. The church was founded in 1816.

The original Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church building was burned down in 1822 on June 16th by white Charleston citizens, who feared that members of the AME Church were planing a slave uprising, scheduled to ignite the next day.

The church lynching took place on the 193rd anniversary of the alleged thwarted

slave rebellion.

The shooting suspect, Dylann Roof has been charged with nine counts of Murder by the state of South Carolina and he also faces federal hate crime charges, which could result in the death penalty.

The Enlightenment French philosopher and writer Voltaire was noted for this saying-- the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

You have proved my comments re: you and your posts.  This has nothing to do with your misuse of the term "Confederates."

In fact, your post is about what happened in Charleston S.C. and has nothing to do with the "Confederates" in your area, which you do not identify other than "mid-west."

Just because he posed with a "Confederate flag" does not make him a Confederate.  Incidentally, it is properly the Confederate Battle Flag as opposed to the three official national flags.

Please note that SC has charged Roof.  In addition, his friend has been charged. 

You may know some French, but you don't know American History or politcs.

South Carolina lynching statistics-- Source University of Missouri at Kansas City--UMKC Law School

1882--1968--156 black people lynched in South Carolina

Anthony Crawford, a wealthy African-American land owner was lynched in Abbeville, South Carolina, Oct.21, 1916.

Mr. Crawford was lynched by a white mob; the original altercation occurred during a business transaction. Mr. Crawford was considered to be the richest man in Abbeville and a large landholder.

After the lynching his property was confiscated by a number of the people who had lynched him.

Mr. Crawford was considered to be wealthy because he had 427 Acres of land.

See my response to your other post.  What has this to do with your misuse of the term "Confederates?"  In fact, your use of the term as applied to racists, etc. in your unknown area gives them a positive status they should not have.

Abbeville had their French Heritage Festival April 22.  Sorry you missed it.

As used in the posts here, it did mean "a bad thing."  The people using it intended for it to mean a negative re: the CSA.

To me your still confused.   The term traitor by itself is NOT a negative.   So I see where P-Tap is coming from; the CSA was a negative organization but not, per se, because they were a group of traitors taking up arms against their own country (like our founding fathers),  but because of their principles and polices.     I know you don't support those principles and policies but you still have an emotional need to defend the CSA based on your replies to P-Tap. 

John Brown was a traitor since he took up arms against the US Government even if his principles were on the right side.   Just ask the US Government at the time;  they hanged him for his crimes against the government.