• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

LGBT Issues--

Princess of Tap

McCrory better watch his back at the next GOP Governor's

Conference. Chris Christie might be all over him for his

false assertions about Brucie. I would love to see the feds

crush Cracker Pat and his buddies. Sweet.

It is interesting that the same people who are in favor of these restrictive laws are the same ones that proslytize that government at lowest level is best and keep big government out.  In the NC situation, the city council of Charlotte passed a law.  The state decided in its big brother role to take away little Charlotte's authority.

Also interesting that Gov. McCrory is former executive of Duke Energy, largest utility company in America.  Another over regualted industry in their opinion.  So it is OK to regulate what cities do?

The difference between GA and NC is that the gov. of GA is finished as he cannot run for reelection. Gov. McCrory is running for reelection in NC.  It's all about getting the GOPer votes.

ColumboFan

You must be a male, probably young, so you know a couple transgenders, well I know a couple Drag Queens that would put the fear of God in you. I know all the gay bars in Akron and I was in all of them many times.
I've had guns pulled on me after exiting a gay bar, I had a car ram me for the same reason. I have sympathy for what transgender people are going through but I see an over reaction from our Federal  Government on this issue.

Actually, Frank, if you bothered to look at my profile you would know that I am:

1. Female - BORN FEMALE

2. Hetero

3. Canadian

4. 40 years old as I keep pointing out that I AM 40

Actually, Frank, if you bothered to look at my profile you would know that I am:

1. Female - BORN FEMALE

2. Hetero

3. Canadian

4. 40 years old as I keep pointing out that I AM 40

Going Jack Benny one year better.

ColumboFan

You must be a male, probably young, so you know a couple transgenders, well I know a couple Drag Queens that would put the fear of God in you. I know all the gay bars in Akron and I was in all of them many times.
I've had guns pulled on me after exiting a gay bar, I had a car ram me for the same reason. I have sympathy for what transgender people are going through but I see an over reaction from our Federal  Government on this issue.

"I see an over reaction from our Federal  Government on this issue."

You know the good ol' white boys down South said the same thing during the 50's and 60's and are still saying it re: civil rights, voting rights, etc.

Going Jack Benny one year better.

Yes, Jack Benny is my favourite comedian.

When I was 39 I went around saying I was Jack Benny's age and I was amazed at the number of people my age and younger  who understood the reference.  I considered staying at 39 like benny did, but I decided that  would be too pedantic.

And by the way Frank from OHIO:

My late father and my mother were professional rock and roll musicians. That is how they met.

If you bothered to read anything I have written to other people on musical threads, you would know that my mother was one of the first female electric bass guitarists - she had a Fender. 

I am related to some homosexuals. and that is how I know the transgender people too -they are related to me.

About the urinals, your looking at the past, I'm looking at what's now. The Attorney General has defined who is transgender and according to the law it would be a convenience now to have a open urinal in the women's room because there nothing wrong. Any way this is a side court issue.

It would be improper and unlawful to have an open urinal in a bathroom designated for females. Exposing male genitalia to a female that doesn't want to see it should not be permitted. Exposing female genitalia to a male that doesn't want to see it is similarly unlawful.

There is no problem with this happening in bathrooms designated for males as there are no females there.

There is no problem with this happening in bathrooms designated for females as there are no open urinals in there - only private stalls.

Suggesting open urinals would be appropriate in female bathrooms is just about the stupidest and most unhelpful statement I've read or heard in this entire discussion. Just because a woman still has male genitalia does not confer the right to expose it to those who do not.

It's amazing what people will try to argue without any grounding in reality or common sense whatsoever just to cause trouble.

Are you sure that a women who has male genitalia and uses a urinal is breaking the law?

Yes.

If she exposes her male sex organ to other women, she would absolutely be breaking the law.

There will never be urinals in bathrooms designated for women. Only a moron would suggest it's a necessity in any way whatsoever - as if most people have urinals in their own homes or something.

Sheesh - don't you ever get embarrassed about what you post?

I don't care if a transgendered (what happened to the "e d " ? I know it used to be ok to say "transgenderED", now it's not...)  person uses the same public washroom as I do, ( so, like, the "Women's Washroom") as long as they use the stalls, just like everyone else. "Stalls", you know, those little semi-private enclosures with a toilet inside and a door that locks.

Why should a person who identifies as a woman but still has male genitalia be upset at using one of those (a stall) instead of a urinal? I would think the more they want to behave like a female, the more they'd adjust to normal everyday things, like public washrooms, that are set up for females? Using a urinal would just make them seem more like a man, something I thought they were supposed to be rejecting.

Here's an idea, Frank Ohio:  The transgendered person could go inside one of these stalls, close the door (and hopefully lock it), lift up the toilet seat, and p e e, just as presumably they do at home. Female style washroom, male style  u r i n a t i n g. Everyone is "accommodated" .

darkblue is right, I don't want to see anyone p e e i n g  into a urinal when I use a washroom. And it's totally unnecessary, anyone can use a stall and p e e  sitting down or standing up (guy style), whatever they want, without offending other washroom users. How is this system in any way violating a transgenderED person's rights??

edit: Oh, for god's sake ! The word "p e e" is used even on public broadcasting such as television news and radio talk shows. It's a pretty innocuous word. Even five year olds say " p e e". Honestly, are we more easily offended than a five year old?

Just realized, "u r i n a t i n g " is also bleeped out. I'm tired of this, I think the censor system should get a complete overhaul.

"Making water" sounds so Victorian. How about "voiding one's bladder" ?

It does have a quaint and humorous sound to it. I usually

think of it as an 18th century phrase. Micturition is another

synonym. Voiding one's bladder is okay, but it has a rather

clinical sound to it.

It does have a quaint and humorous sound to it. I usually

think of it as an 18th century phrase. Micturition is another

synonym. Voiding one's bladder is okay, but it has a rather

clinical sound to it.

Which brings me to the actual mechanism and place itself--

The Convenience

The Water Closet

In France they just call it this: WC because all the other stuff we have in the bathroom is in another room anyway.

Of course, that room is called the bathroom, La Salle de Bains.

Archived