Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Top 25 Actress that debuted after 1950 are?

So the other day I did a page that looked at the Top 25 Actors from 1950 to 2010...now I am working on the actresses.  Keep feeling I am missing some major ones....any suggestions?

#1 M. Streep
#2 D. Day
#3 B. Streisand
#4 J. Andrews
#5 J. Roberts
#6 J. Fonda
#7 S. MacLaine
#8 S. Bullock
#9 D. Keaton
#10 C. Blanchett
#11 S. Field
#12 K. Winslet
#13 D. Reynolds
#14 J. Foster
#15 G. Hawn
#16 A. Jolie
#17 S Sarandon
#18 J. Christie
#19 C. Theron
#20 H. Berry
#21 N. Kidman
#22 A. Bancroft
#23 J. Lawrence
#24 A. Hathaway
#25 M. Smith

A couple more from the 1970's were Glenda Jackson and Jill Clayburgh. I couldn't vouch for their box office draw, although Jackson was Oscar nominated multiple times, and won twice. Looking at your list, I don't think either should replace anyone you have.

• Like 1

So the other day I did a page that looked at the Top 25 Actors from 1950 to 2010...now I am working on the actresses.  Keep feeling I am missing some major ones....any suggestions?

#1 M. Streep

#2 D. Day

#3 B. Streisand

#4 J. Andrews

#5 J. Roberts

#6 J. Fonda

#7 S. MacLaine

#8 S. Bullock

#9 D. Keaton

#10 C. Blanchett

#11 S. Field

#12 K. Winslet

#13 D. Reynolds

#14 J. Foster

#15 G. Hawn

#16 A. Jolie

#17 S Sarandon

#18 J. Christie

#19 C. Theron

#20 H. Berry

#21 N. Kidman

#22 A. Bancroft

#23 J. Lawrence

#24 A. Hathaway

#25 M. Smith

Audrey Hepburn doesn't even make the list? As far as impact goes, she's clearly #1.

• Like 3

Thanks for the suggestions:...I will have to go back and rethink my list

Hey Down Goes Frazier and film lover 293.....The AFI list put Audrey Hepburn on their "classic" page....she finished in the Top 5.  I was making this page as an addition to their page.  She would clearly be right up there with the best on this page.

Hey Princess of Tap....same thing with Sophia Loren....she made the AFI list....so I do not included her on this list.....I think Catherine Deneuve might be the best of the ones you suggested...thanks for the suggestions

Thank you Arsan404....all good suggestions.

Hey Jakeem.....Faye was on my list of ones I looked at....she had a nice but short run.

Hey Mr. Gorman....Lee Remick good suggestion....and yes her first movie was A Face In The Crowd....it was Griffith's first movie too.

• Like 1

Hey Hibi.....you are 100% correct.  Makes you wonder why AFI did not include her in their list.  Wow doing the list of men was a breeze versus the actresses.  Seems AFI listed Grace Kelly, Marilyn Monroe, Sophia Loren and Audrey Hepburn on their classic list ...with out really paying attention to their "own" rules.  Seems they should be on a Post 1950 page....and people (those stars not included on the original list) like Myrna Loy, Irene Dunn, Betty Grable and Maureen O'Hara should have made their Pre 1950 Page.

Damn am I getting confused....lol.

Hey Arturo....Grace Kelly was like a shooting star.....awesome to look at.....but a brief viewing.

Thanks for the suggestion on Raquel Welch.

• Like 1

How about Mitzi Gaynor, Shirley Jones, or Joan Collins? Although they were never among the top movie stars, all were popular in the 50s and beyond.

One biggie that doesn't seem to have been mentioned is Kim Novak. Another is Joanne Woodward.

Later stars Mia Farrow, Liza Minnelli, Marsha Mason, Debra Winger, Jessica Lange, Kim Basinger, Angela Bassett, Sharon Stone, Scarlett Johanson......

• Like 2

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings