Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Thank you TCM message board experts

A couple of days ago...I presented a Top 25 actress list that looked at the years 1950-2010....thanks to the feedback and suggestions....I think the list is much much more respectful.

http://www.ultimatemovierankings.com/umr-screen-legends-1950-2010-actresses/

So thank you very much for the help....it was fun to do.....I think the Top 15 are very solid....16 through 25 could easily be replaced.  I did resist the urge to just list them statistically.

• Like 2

CMR - I'm glad you enjoyed it.  I appreciated that you sought out my thoughts on the 25 member list before it was completed.  I noticed that you did indeed include Anne Bancroft after all and that Maggie Smith just missed it.

As always, I love that we can talk movies, genres, performers and directors and compare how many we have seen.  :)  :)

Looking over what I could read of the link( some other stuff was superimposed over some of it) I glanced at the list of names of the ones who "just missed" being included, and couldn't figure out why on some of them, but understood some others.

But yeah, wisely inserted in an explanation was the word "subjective", which these kind of lists ARE laregly based on, and.....

As complimentary your thread title is, it also really isn't all that accurate.  It suggests EVERYONE on the message boards are "experts" when actually, it's mostly filled with those who THINK they are!  B)

Sepiatone

Looking over what I could read of the link( some other stuff was superimposed over some of it) I glanced at the list of names of the ones who "just missed" being included, and couldn't figure out why on some of them, but understood some others.

But yeah, wisely inserted in an explanation was the word "subjective", which these kind of lists ARE laregly based on, and.....

As complimentary your thread title is, it also really isn't all that accurate.  It suggests EVERYONE on the message boards are "experts" when actually, it's mostly filled with those who THINK they are!  B)

Sepiatone

Quite true, Sepia.  I know CMR got help from friends of his on other sites like Steve Lensman in England too- of course Steve is not on these boards.  I think the name of the thread, knowing CMR for 5 years or so, suggests that he was trying to be inclusive as he always has been on his own site. 

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings