Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

NAME A SCREEN CHARACTER YOU'D LOVE TO PITCHFORK

2 hours ago, TomJH said:

MV5BM2M1ODk0NTEtYjdkMC00NThjLWI4OWEtMDlk

"Bet you'd change your mind if I gave you a key to an apartment you can use."

MacMurray's duplicitous and gutless character in The Caine Mutiny has also been fairly worthy of being hit with the ol' pitchfork too.

(...although I suppose we'll just have to be content with Jose Ferrer tossing his drink in his face, huh)

12 minutes ago, Dargo said:

MacMurray's duplicitous and gutless character in The Caine Mutiny has also been fairly worthy of being hit with the ol' pitchfork too.

(...although I suppose we'll just have to be content with Jose Ferrer tossing his drink in his face, huh)

caine__mutiny04.jpg

"Better a drink in the puss than a pitchfork in the gut."

• Haha 1

Hands down, Bonita Granville in TWO films:

440px-Bonita_Granville_in_The_Beloved_Brat_trailer.jpg.2f2c1efe3ecadd0912bb5f057f66e9bd.jpg

- As June Vale (Bette Davis' taunting, humiliating, insulting niece) in "Now Voyager"

- As Mary Tillford (conniving, sadistic, rumor-spreading student) in "These Three" (nee: "The Children's Hour")

A pitchfork would do, but I prefer being more hands-on. I wanted to shake the living daylights out of her and smack her silly. 

• Like 2
  • 8 months later...

It's been a while since this thread was revived and I feel there may be a little tension in the air for some. In other words . . .

TIME TO GET OUT THE PITCHFORK!!!

1500647882479.jpg--midlands_man_who_thre

And who is my target for today?

You might not know the name but surely you recognize the face:

tve4042-19680930-26.jpg

Allan Cuthbertson, a British character actor who played a few zillion haughty officials and military types in his career, with an emphasis upon pompous superiority and all round smugness. There never was a newly arrived person in a scene (particularly if he lacked aristocratic breeding) that this man would not immediately look down upon.

Be honest now, wouldn't a pitchfork strategically placed in this man's anatomy look good to you?

There, just thinking about it, I feel a little better already.

Your turn . . .

• Like 1

After 3 years and 15 pages of pitchfork-able movie characters in this thread, the following might have already been suggested earlier, but just in case they haven't been...

....these two, Howard Da Silva and Charles McGraw...

border-incident-howard-dasilva-charles-m

...in Eddie's upcoming Noir Alley presentation of Border Incident.

(...and I'd be the first in line with the ol' pitchfork)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Also don't know if mentioned earlier, I'd take a pitchfork to JOAN LESLIE'S Velma in HIGH SIERRA, who of course, wasn't obligated  to marry Roy Earle, but could have been more diplomatic and considerate in her refusal of him.  Had she treated ME that way, I'd be hard-pressed to resist taking a SIX POUND SLEDGE to her foot!  :angry:

Sepiatone

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Someone may have picked this same character earlier in the thread as pitchfork worthy but, just in case he somehow slipped by, I'll site him now:

James+Anderson+1.jpg

James Anderson as Bob Ewell in To Kill A Mockingbird.

This man seemed a summation of all the ignorance and evil that can exist in a human being.

According to sources Anderson genuinely disliked Gregory Peck on the set of the film. And Peck, in turn, later referred to Anderson as one of the few actors with whom he worked that he disliked. These two may well have been tempted to pitchfork each other.

• Haha 1
  • 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Peebs said:

Nigel Terry as dopey "Prince John" from "The Lion in Winter."  I remember his character as really annoying and rather icky.

nigel.png

Yeah, he is one of the reasons I did not like the movie. How could that mouth-breather be anyone's "favorite" son? Then there is that ghastly line by Hepburn with the camera zooming in for emphasis "Every family has its ups and downs".

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Thenryb said:

Yeah, he is one of the reasons I did not like the movie. How could that mouth-breather be anyone's "favorite" son? Then there is that ghastly line by Hepburn with the camera zooming in for emphasis "Every family has its ups and downs".

In many families a favorite of a parent is the biggest loser in the family;  I.e. such a family member requires the most attention and a strong bond develops.

But yea,  how I would love to pitchfork this punk.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

In many families a favorite of a parent is the biggest loser in the family;  I.e. such a family member requires the most attention and a strong bond develops.

But yea,  how I would love to pitchfork this punk.

This reminds me of the family dynamics in the film Parenthood (1989).

You may remember that even though Steve Martin's character is the solid and dependable son, Jason Robards' character favors Tom Hulce's character (and very "pitchforkable" I might add)  and (Robards) makes allowance after allowance for Hulce's inadequacies and never gives Martin's character his just dues.

(...this being one of my favorite Steve Martin roles...I especially loved the scene in which after taking as much of this as he could, he finally gives Robards a piece of his mind about all that)

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, Peebs said:

Two more annoying, pitchfork-able characters:  Michael J. Pollard (CW Moss) and Estelle Parsons (Blanche) from "Bonnie and Clyde"

pollard.png

There is something about the impression some people gives, my mom can't stand  Michael J. Pollard. Has nothing to do with the movies. 

Same goes with Mr Lucky's John Vivyan.  Go figure?  Don't ask me to explain, I can't.

john-vivyan-27307b3e-32ac-47dd-a8cf-4d36

• Like 1