Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TomJH

NAME A SCREEN CHARACTER YOU'D LOVE TO PITCHFORK

24 minutes ago, Peebs said:

Shelly Winters in "A Patch of Blue" (mother of the year)

untitled.png

Maybe you didn't know that Ms. Winters won the most pitchfork worthy actress of all time.

While she is annoying in so many films, she would have won the award based only on her mother roles.

image.jpeg.db3dd826d1cd01066d54b1521380ee19.jpeg

• Like 1

On 4/18/2016 at 11:38 AM, Sepiatone said:

SIDNEY GREENSTREET'S  "GUTMAN" from THE MALTESE FALCON.

Careful, Sepia. You don't want to bend that pitchfork!

10 minutes ago, TomJH said:

Careful, Sepia. You don't want to bend that pitchfork!

Sydney Greenstreet was the inspiration for Jabba the Hutt.  Will need a bigger pitchfork.

Bet woman had the same revolting reaction to both.

572e80581b049290-600x338.png

Both Harry Kipper and that blonde dimwit he married in "Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm" (1937)

m9ltar.jpg

At least both got "planked" in the rear end. :lol:

Edited by hamradio
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Sydney Greenstreet was the inspiration for Jabba the Hutt.  Will need a bigger pitchfork.

Bet woman had the same revolting reaction to both.

572e80581b049290-600x338.png

Gutman wouldn't care if women found him revolting.    Just ask Wilmer.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Maybe you didn't know that Ms. Winters won the most pitchfork worthy actress of all time.

While she is annoying in so many films, she would have won the award based only on her mother roles.

A very worthy recipient!  She was memorably annoying in many roles.  I would have pushed her out of that boat in "A Place in the Sun."

• Haha 1

Since THE DIARY OF ANN FRANK through to ENTER LAUGHING and beyond Shelly honed that character to a razor sharp edge.  I always liked her, but think her role in PHONE CALL FROM A STRANGER('52) was one of her better roles.  AND it's another movie that can go on my "TCM should show more often" wish list.  ;)  That, and LET NO MAN WRITE MY EPITHET.

Sepiatone

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Peebs said:

A very worthy recipient!  She was memorably annoying in many roles.  I would have pushed her out of that boat in "A Place in the Sun."

Agree on A Place in the Sun;   Always felt this was justifiable homicide.

Note that I have a great deal of respect for the talents of Ms. Winters;   she was assigned roles of very annoying characters and pulls them off perfectly. 

This is different than June Alyson;  someone I often find annoying when the character role doesn't call for that.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Agree on A Place in the Sun;   Always felt this was justifiable homicide.

Note that I have a great deal of respect for the talents of Ms. Winters;   she was assigned roles of very annoying characters and pulls them off perfectly. 

This is different than June Alyson;  someone I often find annoying when the character role doesn't call for that.

Somewhere out there DownGoesFrazier is now nodding in agreement.

(...we hope anyway)

24 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Oh, I completely agree.  Winters skillfully played annoying characters.  That is different from finding a particular actor annoying. 

12 minutes ago, Peebs said:

Oh, I completely agree.  Winters skillfully played annoying characters.  That is different from finding a particular actor annoying. 

Weeeell, and don't get me wrong here as I also think Miss Winters possessed a lot of acting talent, but while watching her on some talk show back in the day and while she was "being herself", I gotta say I STILL often found her "annoying".

(...although in her defense, she'd occasionally be very entertaining while talking of her interactions with others during Hollywood's "Golden Age")

How about getting pitchforked in the movies? :lol:

Bill Robinson giving Jack Haley the point.

11qr8n7.jpg

20 minutes ago, CinemaInternational said:

Two people got pitchforked in the TV series Murder She Wrote.....

Mr. Penroy's Vacation?

91_penroy59.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hamradio said:

He looks like Buddy Hackett. :lol:

Hmmm...never thought of it before, but yeah I suppose Ron Masak does look a bit like Buddy Hackett, doesn't he.

(...kind'a makes ya wonder how Ron's rendition of "Shipoopi" might sound, doesn't it) ;)

• Haha 1

THIS THREAD SEEMS TO BRING OUT THE WORST IN SOME PEOPLE, A DISGUSTING BLOOD LUST TO COMMIT MAYHEM UPON THEIR FELLOW HUMAN BEINGS. WE NEED MORE LOVE IN THIS WORLD, NOT HATE!

WHOEVER CREATED THIS THREAD SHOULD HIDE HIS OR HER HEAD IN SHAME!!!

Oh, wait.

Never mind.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Dargo said:

Weeeell, and don't get me wrong here as I also think Miss Winters possessed a lot of acting talent, but while watching her on some talk show back in the day and while she was "being herself", I gotta say I STILL often found her "annoying".

Sure, she was skilled at those types of characters. I never disliked her as an actress.  I do remember her being the butt of jokes at some point as she got older and heavier. 

(I also remember Winters on Carson with Oliver Reed...)

untitled.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peebs said:

Sure, she was skilled at those types of characters. I never disliked her as an actress.  I do remember her being the butt of jokes at some point as she got older and heavier. 

(I also remember Winters on Carson with Oliver Reed...)

untitled.png

AH yes! That time on Carson's show when Oliver Reed (who himself played many a character who was "pitchforkable"...NOT to mention it also being quite often said that in REAL life the guy would occasionally act in a manner that might entice those around him to grab this farm implement and give the old boy a jab or two) started on a tear about his anti-Women's Lib/"Women belong in the kitchen" ideology, and Shelley then having had enough of it, poured a drink on his head.

Yep, I just found it on YouTube here...

• Haha 1

For me,  Festus, is the most annoying T.V. character.     I like the show when Dennis Weaver and Burt Reynolds were the sidekicks,  but I can only watch the ones with Festus when he doesn't have much to do.

image.jpeg.cf1c1e3793afe434f2641cc61e7531a1.jpeg

Ken Curtis fooled a lot of people who didn't know him outside of the Gunsmoke "Festus" role. He was a good actor,  clean shaven, smooth talking and a great singer (believe it or not)

26630_1_front.jpg

kcurtis1.jpg

Edited by hamradio
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, hamradio said:

Ken Curtis fooled a lot of people who didn't know him outside of the Gunsmoke "Festus" role. He was a good actor,  clean shaven, smooth talking and a great singer (believe it or not)

Like Ms. Winters I believe Curtis was a good actor.    I'm also aware of other work Curtis did.

That doesn't change my view that the character Festus is the most annoying T.V. character of all time for me.

Of course this guy gave Festus a challenge:

image.jpeg.0b6f7775318b5617be5c5bb66fb420dd.jpeg

8 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Like Ms. Winters I believe Curtis was a good actor.    I'm also aware of other work Curtis did.

That doesn't change my view that the character Festus is the most annoying T.V. character of all time for me.

Of course this guy gave Festus a challenge:

image.jpeg.0b6f7775318b5617be5c5bb66fb420dd.jpeg

Only Jonathan Harris could make a villain look bumbling, goofy and comical.:lol:

Too bad the movie version ruined the character.

dr-smith-and-robot.jpg?w=356&h=267