Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TomJH

NAME A SCREEN CHARACTER YOU'D LOVE TO PITCHFORK

8 hours ago, NickAndNora34 said:

Shelley Winters in "A Patch of Blue" (1965) 

Image result for shelley winters patch of blue

Oh yeah, she definitely deserved the pitchfork, and a whole lot more where that came from!

• Haha 3

On 8/21/2019 at 9:35 PM, TomJH said:

Miriam Hopkins was an excellent, sensual Ivy in Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

6a00d83451cb7469e201b7c8a0f670970b-600wi

But getting to know Mr. Hyde in that film was worse for her than encountering any pitchfork.

A movie Will H. Hays wanted to pitchfork.

Hands OFF freak!

Will-H-Hays.jpg

Anybody noticed the slightly blurred naked lady on the left? :blink:

Chris Tucker in The Fifth Element, truly one of the most obnoxious characterizations ever captured on film. If he had been in the film any more I'm sure I would have been in need of major dental repair from all the teeth grinding I was doing whenever he was on screen.

105400-1532336916.jpg

• Haha 3

23 hours ago, TomJH said:

Chris Tucker in The Fifth Element, truly one of the most obnoxious characterizations ever captured on film. If he had been in the film any more I'm sure I would have been in need of major dental repair from all the teeth grinding I was doing whenever he was on screen.

105400-1532336916.jpg

I find Chris Tucker obnoxious in every movie he's been in.

41 minutes ago, Bethluvsfilms said:

I find Chris Tucker obnoxious in every movie he's been in.

Thanks for the warning. Outside of The Fifth Element, I've managed to avoid him so far.

It's frightening to think that one day you might get stuck in a stalled elevator with a guy like this.

lAhefxCg1gA.jpg

29 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

You would enjoy the early scenes of Jackie Brown.

Actually I like all of Jackie Brown, but maybe that's because I've forgotten Chris Tucker's contribution to the film.

1 minute ago, TomJH said:

Actually I like all of Jackie Brown, but maybe that's because I've forgotten Chris Tucker's contribution to the film.

He played the guy Samuel L. Jackson invites to get into his car trunk at the beginning.

Just now, LawrenceA said:

He played the guy Samuel L. Jackson invites to get into his car trunk at the beginning.

Samuel L. Jackson's in that film? Ok, I guess it might be time for me to see the film again.

Lee Marvin in THE MAN WHO SHOT LIBERTY VALANCE. Shootin' is too good for him; he deserved the the pitchfork first!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sagebrush said:

Lee Marvin in THE MAN WHO SHOT LIBERTY VALANCE. Shootin' is too good for him; he deserved the the pitchfork first!

Everyone is this movie needs a pitchfork in the chest. I can't get through it. All these stars trying to upstage each other.

EDITED by laffite [toned it down a bit] :)

On 11/17/2019 at 1:04 PM, Bethluvsfilms said:

Chris Tucker in The Fifth Element, truly one of the most obnoxious characterizations ever captured on film

I laughed at that scene. He was funny. I haven't seen him in other movies, but I remember laughing at that routine. A really good film.

On 11/17/2019 at 5:50 PM, TomJH said:

Samuel L. Jackson's in that film?

Well yea......  I guess you'd better watch again.

5 hours ago, laffite said:

Everyone is this movie needs a pitchfork in the chest. I can't get through it. All these stars trying to upstage each other.

I laughed at that scene. He was funny. I haven't seen him in other movies, but I remember laughing at that routine. A really good film.

I generally don't like way-over-the-top characters in a film but I found Tucker to be very funny in 5th Element and a great contrast to the very stoic part Willis played in the film.    I remember the wife being surprised I found Tucker so funny and not just annoying.    The editing and direction were done well (mostly by keeping his scenes really short) so that he didn't drag down the film for me.

• Like 2

I am sure his name was mentioned on this topic before,but I don't want to go through all the posts.

Bruce Dern was one hell of an SOB in THE COWBOYS. He was just as evil in BLACK SUNDAY.

58 minutes ago, cody1949 said:

I am sure his name was mentioned on this topic before,but I don't want to go through all the posts.

Bruce Dern was one hell of an SOB in THE COWBOYS. He was just as evil in BLACK SUNDAY.

Reportedly said on the set and right before the filming of a certain key scene in the first mentioned film here:

"Ya know, they're gonna hate you throughout America for what you're about to do to me here, don't ya?!"

-"Yeah, but they're gonna love me in Berkeley, Duke!"

(...love this story Dern has told many times over the years and why I'm posting it here again, as it still cracks me up every time I think of it after someone mentions The Cowboys)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Dargo said:

Reportedly said on the set and right before the filming of a certain key scene in the first mentioned film here:

"Ya know, they're gonna hate you throughout America for what you're about to do to me here, don't ya?!"

-"Yeah, but they're gonna love me in Berkeley, Duke!"

(...love this story Dern has told many times over the years and why I'm posting it here again, as it still cracks me up every time I think of it after someone mentions The Cowboys)

Wonderful story !  Never heard it before. Thanks so much for posting it.

2 hours ago, cody1949 said:

Here's another dispicable character :   Everett Sloane in PATTERNS.

Good choice.    This business man was even more despicable than the character Stone played in The Lady from Shanghai (who was more pathetic).

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 6:37 AM, laffite said:

I'm glad someone found him amusing. But all I know is I am NOT that someone.

3 hours ago, TheOneandOnlyCritic2000 said:

Andy Griffin in "A Face in the Crowd" ('57)

wp-1505693731772.jpeg

You are so right, Lonesome Rhoades in A FACE IN THE CROWD, was definitely someone who could have benefited (or not) from a few pickings from the pitchfork.

He was so despicable perhaps a better nickname for him would be "Loathsome" Rhoades!

Hats off to Andy though for playing such a despicable character with all the right notes. I really did not see any trace of Sheriff Andy Taylor at all in here.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, cody1949 said:

Here's another dispicable character :   Everett Sloane in PATTERNS.

Ah yes, as the despicable heartless boss who drives poor Ed Begley to a heart attack! Good one, cody!

Btw, do you know where Begley ends up? In Willoughby, of course!

(...oh...wait...that was where poor put-upon businessman James Daly in that one Twilight Zone episode ends up after HE dies from a business stress-induced heart attack wasn't it, not Begley...well, their stories are KIND'A alike anyway, aren't they?!) ;) 

9 hours ago, Dargo said:

Ah yes, as the despicable heartless boss who drives poor Ed Begley to a heart attack! Good one, cody!

Btw, do you know where Begley ends up? In Willoughby, of course!

(...oh...wait...that was where poor put-upon businessman James Daly in that one Twilight Zone episode ends up after HE dies from a business stress-induced heart attack wasn't it, not Begley...well, their stories are KIND'A alike anyway, aren't they?!) ;) 

Sloane is driven out of a window by a Vegas slot machine. Twilight Zone !