Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TomJH

NAME A SCREEN CHARACTER YOU'D LOVE TO PITCHFORK

1 hour ago, LawrenceA said:

I had the opposite reaction. As a kid, I thought Dr. Smith was hilarious, and he was the main reason I watched the show. Now when I see parts of episodes, I find him irritating and grating. Then again, I now also find the show almost completely unwatchable.

I couldn't watch that dopey show even as kid. I found the show,  characters, story annoying and unwatchable

36 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

I couldn't watch that dopey show even as kid. I found the show,  characters, story annoying and unwatchable

Yup.  It is dopey.

1 hour ago, Peebs said:

Image result for Ali macgraw love story crying

"Love means never having to say you're sorry"

What kind of dumb quote is that? If you're in love with someone you SHOULD say you're sorry if you do something that hurts them. 

(I step on my husband's foot)

ME: I don't need to apologize.  Love means never having to say you're sorry.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

^ It's been 50 years and I STILL remember reading that book and thinking it was DIRTY because of the language.  Now, of course, I understand how DUMB it is too! 

Of course that famous line in the movie I've been mulling for 40 years and wondered, what the hell does that mean? 

3 hours ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Well, except of course for the cute as hell Angela Cartwright. ;)

(...my first crush, even before Stefanie)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, speedracer5 said:

"Love means never having to say you're sorry"

What kind of dumb quote is that? If you're in love with someone you SHOULD say you're sorry if you do something that hurts them. 

(I step on my husband's foot)

ME: I don't need to apologize.  Love means never having to say you're sorry.

Yep, exactly...

Edited by Dargo
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Well, except of course for the cute as hell Angela Cartwright. ;)

(...my first crush, even before Stefanie)

Yes she was cute,. remember her as Linda in Make Room For Daddy and Billy Mumy was a good little actor, nothing wrong with the whole cast in that show, it's just I thought Lost In Space was a silly. show.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Yes she was cute,. remember her as Linda in Make Room For Daddy and Billy Mumy was a good little actor, nothing wrong with the whole cast in that show, it's just I thought Lost In Space was a silly. show.

Yep, no argument here about the show itself, lav. It was silly, and especially so, and as Beth earlier mentioned, after Season-1.

(...and just like another of Irwin Allen's programs at the time, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea...that one also got pretty silly after Season-1, and basically becoming just cases of "the monster of the week encountering our regular cast members" kind'a thing)

Erich Segal, the author of Love Story was no dope.  He graduated  from Harvard taught at Harvard, Yale and Princeton. First the novel ( I think it was about 50 pages) not really but it was very short.. I remember everyone making a big deal over the book and film. There were tons of trinkets with LOVE on them. I also remember that that line never having to say you're sorry was the butt of lots of jokes for a long time.

6 hours ago, Allhallowsday said:

I see your point.  I never woulda thunk that Dr. Smith would ever be amusing.  The show is dumb, but it's like visiting old friends. 

That show and Gilligan's Island have to be in contention for the worst television shows of all time.

2 minutes ago, Gershwin fan said:

That show and Gilligan's Island have to be in contention for the worst television shows of all time.

Gilligan's Island wins, hands down. 

Charles Dingle in THE LITTLE FOXES would be most enjoyable to pitchfork

the-little-foxes-picture-insert-6.jpg

Actually, Charles Dingle in just about any film in which he appeared would be fun to pitchfork now that I stop to think about it. He usually played a slimy conniving type, ready to knife anyone in the back (not literally but figuratively). So I figure, in defence, it might be prudent to do it to his pot bellied front (literally).

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dargo said:

Yep, exactly...

O come on Dargo, this was a funny movie though   My mom even took me to it as a kid & I've seen it a lot since Obviously homage to Bringing Up Baby of course, one of Bogdanovich's favs

13 hours ago, TomJH said:

Charles Dingle in THE LITTLE FOXES would be most enjoyable to pitchfork

the-little-foxes-picture-insert-6.jpg

Actually, Charles Dingle in just about any film in which he appeared would be fun to pitchfork now that I stop to think about it. He usually played a slimy conniving type, ready to knife anyone in the back (not literally but figuratively). So I figure, in defence, it might be prudent to do it to his front (literally).

AGREED, SHE WAS A ONSTER AND SUPERB AT IT!

1 minute ago, spence said:

O come on Dargo, this was a funny movie though   My mom even took me to it as a kid & I've seen it a lot since Obviously homage to Bringing Up Baby of course, one of Bogdanovich's favs

OOPS, now I see you only put it on as a follow up to Ali  Did you & most know Love Story was up for 10 Academy awards, including her?

She's about 80 now& let her hair turn really grey, but don't think she ever mentions McQUEEN?

A film she was strong in nobody saw 1980's Just Tell Me What You want opposite Alan King, where she whooped him to a frazzle

I HATE whiny characters more than the actual villains. Case in point...

tumblr_mpn94wdjXG1qbm5l6o1_500.gif

Carol Baker in The Big Country. She had Gregory Peck for God's sake! A wealthy and respectable gentleman with values. And all SHE cares about is how he is looked upon by her father and friends and how it affects her reputation. If she could just get him to fight somebody to prove his "manliness" she would be happy.

On a side note, I think she winds up with Charlton Heston, who is just as good in my book. She still wins!!! 😠