Find results in...
TomJH

NAME A SCREEN CHARACTER YOU'D LOVE TO PITCHFORK

Tom, you're not in Oklahoma any more. Out here in

California we are fairly loosey goosey when it comes

to these things. And not that it makes any difference,

but I'm a Wilkie Republican.

Tom's in Canada. 

Oh, okay,  The Grapes of Wrath character, not the poster Tom.

:)

The other Tom. I think.

• Like 1

For me, another pitchfork-worthy character is Dinah Lord in The Philadelphia Story.

240yy3o.jpg

I would like to nominate for pitchforking Father Lord in both The Philadelphia Story and High Society.

I haven't read through each of the five pages, so I apologize if my choice for "pitchfork worthy" has already made an appearance: Judy Canova, in everything in which she performed her "you call this humor" shtick".

I haven't read through each of the five pages, so I apologize if my choice for "pitchfork worthy" has already made an appearance: Judy Canova, in everything in which she performed her "you call this humor" shtick".

I don't think she has been mentioned.

For me, another pitchfork-worthy character is Dinah Lord in The Philadelphia Story.

240yy3o.jpg

Ugh. Yes.  She was irritating.

Is this bad? I'd like to pretty much nominate a majority of children from various films, because they're so annoying.  There are only a handful of child actors who I don't find annoying.

I especially found the two little girls in Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House to be annoying.  It was something about their prissiness, yet overly polite demeanor, I don't know if I can describe it.  

• Like 2

My mother was once complimented on her hair style; she was told that it was similar to Judy Canova's. She changed it the next day.

• Like 1

The dentist played by Walter Matthau in CACTUS FLOWER.

Lol.  True he is a jerk.

But if I were going to pitchfork anyone from Cactus Flower, it would be Walter Matthau's friend who is always hitting on poor Ingrid Bergman.

The Nazis who pitchfork people in the trucks in The Great Escape. And, well, Nazis in general. And no, I don't mean the fictional characters.

• Like 1

In Judgement at Nuremberg- every Nazi in it, especially the ones who were in jail very briefly and then released when the Cold War started.

Real Nazis.

Is this bad? I'd like to pretty much nominate a majority of children from various films, because they're so annoying.  There are only a handful of child actors who I don't find annoying.

I especially found the two little girls in Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House to be annoying.  It was something about their prissiness, yet overly polite demeanor, I don't know if I can describe it.  

"Father!!"

That's another movie I could recite almost line by line. :)

They were definitely irritating, but luckily they weren't that much part of the main plot, and Cary/Myrna always had a sarcastic retort to their behavior.

• Like 2

Okay, so back to silly pitchforking:

The Weather network when they get their forecasts incorrect.

That's GOTTA be one busy pitchfork!

Just about EVERY TV weatherman and/or weather segment of the news fudges up on their predictions.

So, let's get back to screen characters...how 'bout:

ISH KABIBBLE?

ROSALIND RUSSEL'S GYPSY character  ROSE HOVICK  seemed "pitchfork-worthy" to me!

Sepiatone

• Like 1

Yes, Sepia, although George Carlin's Hippy Dippy weatherman was quite correct when he said that overnight the weather would get "dark"

Other characters:

Little Orphan Annie's fellows orphans

Jill St John's character in The Liquidator

My mother was once complimented on her hair style; she was told that it was similar to Judy Canova's. She changed it the next day.

Okay, this is hilarious!

I know exactly what you mean. Getting a compliment supposedly that you look like someone you find really repulsive.

A friend of mine was told once in a convenience store, by the man behind the counter that she looked lovely in her "muumuu" [sp?] and like a good, moral, religious woman.

She never wore a muumuu again!

Sorry I don't know how to spell "muu muu" [mu mu] ? I sure know it is not "moo moo".

• Like 1

I see a lot of these posts just got deleted because they were getting personal.

I think that is just as well.

Let's be funny instead!  A reminder that lots of pitchfork people will be on TCM tonight for jack lemmon evening - movies include Some like it Hot (George Raft), The Odd Couple (various charaacters) and The Apartment (Fred M.)

Another pitchfork contenders

Bales of hay  -okay, that is not a fictional character

I see a lot of these posts just got deleted because they were getting personal.

I think that is just as well.

Let's be funny instead!  A reminder that lots of pitchfork people will be on TCM tonight for jack lemmon evening - movies include Some like it Hot (George Raft), The Odd Couple (various charaacters) and The Apartment (Fred M.)

Another pitchfork contenders

Bales of hay  -okay, that is not a fictional character

SURE they are, CF!

What?! Forget about the final sequence in that 1945 Fred MacMurray comedy "Murder, He Says" and when almost everybody falls into that hay-baling machine???  ;)

(...Marjorie Main and Peter Whitney being ESPECIALLY "pitchfork-able" in this movie!!!)

• Like 1

SURE they are, CF!

What?! Forget about the final sequence in that 1945 Fred MacMurray comedy "Murder, He Says" and when almost everybody falls into that hay-baling machine???   ;)

(...Marjorie Main and Peter Whitney being ESPECIALLY "pitchfork-able" in this movie!!!)

That is so right, Dargo.  I forgot all about Murder He Says.

They do indeed all end up in the bales of hay machine  - great bundles for the cops.

Having just watched it again, I'd nominate the Evelyn Harper character from Caged...

Except, she actually did get half the comeuppance appropriate to this thread.

240yy3o.jpg

Oh, I quite liked her character! I found the adults more annoying than she ws.

• Like 3

Having just re-watched The Odd Couple as it aired on TCM tonight, I can confirm that if any pitchforking of Felix is going to happen by me it is in the TV show.

But again, I'd rather pitchfork the sisters.