Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TomJH

NAME A SCREEN CHARACTER YOU'D LOVE TO PITCHFORK

The entire cast of the TWILIGHT series

Ummmm..............

That's kind of like killing the messenger,  ain't it?

Unless you mean all the main characters in the series, then I'll help sharpen your pitchfork's TINES!

Especially those "werewolves", that transform from humans to wolves two or three times their human size, and whose clothing magically disappears, and reappears! 

I don't mind suspending my sense of disbelief.  I just dislike having to suspend ALL my sense!

Sepiatone

Everyone in When Harry Met Sally except the character Bruno Kirby Jr. plays. And that includes the Estelle Reiner cameo (sorry late Mrs. Reiner.)

• Like 1

Everyone in When Harry Met Sally except the character Bruno Kirby Jr. plays. And that includes the Estelle Reiner cameo (sorry late Mrs. Reiner.)

This thread is releasing the pitchfork blood lust in even the nicest posters!

• Like 1

LOL

Yeah! See what ya started here, Tom?!!!

LOL

Yeah! See what ya started here, Tom?!!!

While we're at it, I want to obliterate everyone in the cast of it's a Wonderful Life. I've got about fifty razor sharp pitchforks dying to get into action.

Mr. Potter will have plenty of company. I'm even going for Clarence, but since he's an angel I don't know how much luck I'll have.

• Like 1

It's awful, since I just posted her obit last night, but I had forgotten how much I'd like to pitchfork Madeleine Sherwood and Jack Carson in Cat On a Hot Tin Roof. Which I guess means they did their jobs well.

It's awful, since I just posted her obit last night, but I had forgotten how much I'd like to pitchfork Madeleine Sherwood and Jack Carson in Cat On a Hot Tin Roof. Which I guess means they did their jobs well.

Was Madeleine Sherwood that no neck wife of Jack's?

I'm sorry that the actress herself has passed away, of course, but that character of her's deserved a pitchfork before that film had ended.

I wouldn't pitchfork Jack, to be fair. Do you remember that scene in which Carson told Big Daddy how much he tried to please him but never could. It was always Brick, Brick, Brick.

Carson got to me in that scene, and made his conniver human.

• Like 2

There is a pitchforker in just about everyone,  waiting to come out.

• Like 2

While we're at it, I want to obliterate everyone in the cast of it's a Wonderful Life. I've got about fifty razor sharp pitchforks dying to get into action.

Mr. Potter will have plenty of company. I'm even going for Clarence, but since he's an angel I don't know how much luck I'll have.

WOW!!!

Well, I guess it's like you YOURSELF said here Tom..."This thread is releasing the pitchfork blood lust in even the nicest posters!"

(...REALLY?!...you'd EVEN pitchfork Annie the Maid?...EVEN after she says, "It's about time one of lunkheads said it" ?...you remember, after she overhears George tell his Pop that he think he's a great guy...gotta AT LEAST love Annie, dude!!!)

;)

WOW!!!

Well, I guess it's like you YOURSELF said here Tom..."This thread is releasing the pitchfork blood lust in even the nicest posters!"

(...REALLY?!...you'd EVEN pitchfork Annie the Maid?...EVEN after she says, "It's about time one of lunkheads said it" ?...you remember, after she overhears George tell his Pop that he think he's a great guy...gotta AT LEAST love Annie, dude!!!)

;)

That's right, everybody! Seeing the pitchfork lust in others here has opened the door for me to go after every sweetly sentimental character the movies have ever given us, and there's plenty of 'em in this Capra opus.

See that adoringly warm family of do gooders down below? All doomed, if I have my way, to meet a certain farm instrument that'll have them joining Clarence faster than they expected.

Even that guy on the right at the back, peaking over Beulah Bondi's head. I don't know who that dude is but he's gonna get it!

dfd412f0-4fe9-0132-4206-0ebc4eccb42f.jpg

• Like 2

There is a pitchforker in just about everyone,  waiting to come out.

As profound a philosophical rumination as I have ever seen on these boards.

Be afraid, be very afraid!

• Like 1

Well misswonderly, bab - no, sorry, I've still got the holes from last time - that quick, clipped addition of the B word, may be one of the things that causes it to unduly lodge in my consciousness - it just seems out of place to my ears (plus, I'm not really looking for laughs in DI) - but, as per EugeniaH's post, differing opinion on where to point one's pitchfork is very much a personal thing (and a large part of the entertainment value of threads like this...).

Whilst an acknowledged act of heresy against it's many fans/ratings figures, I never could get into the Seinfeld series.

I understand LIMEY'S POV.

I too, could never get into the SEINFELD  TV show.  I thought the description "A show about nothing" was aptly put!

But in a FAR different way than what was meant by whomever coined it.

Didn't ever really care for Seinfeld as a stand-up either.

Sepiatone

I have a very good friend who "never got into Seinfeld." It's very odd, in every other way this friend is a wonderful person and has a great sense of humour. She and I just don't ever mention Seinfeld, and it works out fine.

Humour is a highly personal, subjective thing, blahblah...Yes, of course I know this. And some comedy that I find funny and others don't, I can at least understand why they might not like it. But I honestly cannot understand why anyone would not think Seinfeld was hilarious. I didn't just "like" the show, I loved it. Almost every single episode made me laugh, not once, but many times throughout the show's entire half hour running time. It was a glorious blend of truly funny characters, wit, word play, slapstick (Kramer), and absurd situations. I say it is one of the funniest sit coms ever, and I bless the day it first aired on television. 

• Like 3

I have a very good friend who "never got into Seinfeld." It's very odd, in every other way this friend is a wonderful person and has a great sense of humour. She and I just don't ever mention Seinfeld, and it works out fine.

Humour is a highly personal, subjective thing, blahblah...Yes, of course I know this. And some comedy that I find funny and others don't, I can at least understand why they might not like it. But I honestly cannot understand why anyone would not think Seinfeld was hilarious. I didn't just "like" the show, I loved it. Almost every single episode made me laugh, not once, but many times throughout the show's entire half hour running time. It was a glorious blend of truly funny characters, wit, word play, slapstick (Kramer), and absurd situations. I say it is one of the funniest sit coms ever, and I bless the day it first aired on television. 

Great post MissW. Seinfeld was a brilliant show, always hilarious and I also loved the show. It was one of the very best sit-coms ever on TV.

• Like 3

Great post MissW. Seinfeld was a brilliant show, always hilarious and I also loved the show. It was one of the very best sit-coms ever on TV.

...along with "I Love Lucy", of course !  ;)

• Like 3

It had everything, didn't it?  They talked about things we all (or most of us) could relate to, those absurd little situations in life.  I liked how they tied the characters' various stories together at the end, always closing with the perfect comment.  It's hard to imagine sustaining such consistently brilliant writing for so many years.  I also loved how they found the perfect recurring cast members and guest stars for each episode.  And it's wonderful that some people now even celebrate Festivus.  "For the rest of us!"

Seinfeld would definitely be my choice for desert island viewing.  With Lucy a close second. :)

• Like 2

It had everything, didn't it?  They talked about things we all (or most of us) could relate to, those absurd little situations in life.  I liked how they tied the characters' various stories together at the end, always closing with the perfect comment.  It's hard to imagine sustaining such consistently brilliant writing for so many years.  I also loved how they found the perfect recurring cast members and guest stars for each episode.  And it's wonderful that some people now even celebrate Festivus.  "For the rest of us!"

Seinfeld would definitely be my choice for desert island viewing.  With Lucy a close second. :)

I'm a big fan of the show, but occasionally lines or story arcs would go down with a thud. Some inconsistency, but mostly brilliant. But only while Larry David was still on board. When he left, it was rarely worth watching.

Ooh, ooh. Now that we're talking about television, can I submit names of two television characters I'd like to pitchfork?

Schneider on "One Day at a Time" and Horseshack on "Welcome Back, Kotter".

Sorry, Tom, I just had to get it out. ;)

Even that guy on the right at the back, peaking over Beulah Bondi's head. I don't know who that dude is but he's gonna get it!

Isn't that Tom (Edward Keane) who demanded -- and got -- his $242 during the run on the building and loan?

3268710poster-YSFVpM_C.jpg

Ooh, ooh. Now that we're talking about television, can I submit names of two television characters I'd like to pitchfork?

Schneider on "One Day at a Time" and Horseshack on "Welcome Back, Kotter".

Sorry, Tom, I just had to get it out. ;)

Throw in Fonzie on "Happy Days", but only from today's perspective.

• Like 1

Schneider? Dwayne Schneider? That lovable handyman.

Sure, he was vain, braggadocios, and sexist, but at

heart he was a pretty good guy and definitely funny.

One black and blue thumb up for DS. And a tip of the

hat to Beer Belly.

Henry Winkler and his reverse mortgage commercials?

Hell yes.

Steve Martin's character Neal, in Planes, Trains, & Automobiles. I just thought he was a selfish and greedy man. The way he just tears into John Candy's character Del Griffith just made me hate him even more.

why-planes-trains-and-automobiles-is-the

Steve Martin's character Neal, in Planes, Trains, & Automobiles. I just thought he was a selfish and greedy man. The way he just tears into John Candy's character Del Griffith just made me hate him even more.

But at the end of the film he makes a point of going to a bus terminal (or was it train depot) to see if John Candy is there, finds him and takes him home to have Christmas with his family so he won't be alone.

Not such a bad guy, after all. Perhaps he deserves a fork more than a pitchfork.

• Like 3

But at the end of the film he makes a point of going to a bus terminal (or was it train depot) to see if John Candy is there, finds him and takes him home to have Christmas with his family so he won't be alone.

Not such a bad guy, after all. Perhaps he deserves a fork more than a pitchfork.

Forgot to include the fact that he ended up a better person than he began lol

• Like 1