Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TomJH

NAME A SCREEN CHARACTER YOU'D LOVE TO PITCHFORK

Schneider? Dwayne Schneider? That lovable handyman.

Sure, he was vain, braggadocios, and sexist, but at

heart he was a pretty good guy and definitely funny.

One black and blue thumb up for DS. And a tip of the

hat to Beer Belly.

Henry Winkler and his reverse mortgage commercials?

Hell yes.

I'm glad someone is sticking up for Mr. Schneider.    He is a fairly typical sitcom side character; i.e. the book can't be judged by the cover.

Throw in Fonzie on "Happy Days", but only from today's perspective.

Loved him when I was a first-grader... over forty years ago. ;)

Steve Martin's character Neal, in Planes, Trains, & Automobiles. I just thought he was a selfish and greedy man. The way he just tears into John Candy's character Del Griffith just made me hate him even more.

why-planes-trains-and-automobiles-is-the

His hilarious expletive-filled rant at the annoying car rental lady spares him from any pitchforkin' in my opinion.

I don't think he was selfish as much as he was incredibly frustrated and depressed that all these things kept happening which prevented him from seeing his family. I agree that his gesture toward Del at the end of the movie spares him from any pitchfork impalement, just my opinion.

• Like 2

While I've seen my share of "Happy Days," (it was on Nick at Nite for quite some time), it was never one of "my shows." I preferred the series when they were still in high school. I always thought though, "If Fonzie was so cool, why did he hang out with high school kids?"

• Like 1

Ooh, ooh. Now that we're talking about television, can I submit names of two television characters I'd like to pitchfork?

Schneider on "One Day at a Time" and Horseshack on "Welcome Back, Kotter".

Sorry, Tom, I just had to get it out. ;)

If I was pitchforkin' TV characters:

-Cousin Oliver from "The Brady Bunch" (and I love this show. Nobody else needs "The Fork.")

-Ritchie from "The Dick Van Dyke Show" who had to scream all his lines.

-The second Mrs. Kravitz on "Bewitched" because she was annoying

-Mr. Haney on "Green Acres" for being such a crook.

-"Oli-var Wendell Douglas, Famous Pig Lawyer" every time he allowed himself to be taken by Mr. Haney.

-Everyone on "Everyone Loves Raymond" except Doris Roberts and Peter Boyle who were the funniest characters.

-Screech on "Saved By the Bell," why the other kids, the cool kids, would hang out with him is beyond me.

-Gomer & Goober on "The Andy Griffith Show." Shut up!

There seems to always be a bad apple in the character/cast roster. If a show can create/form a group of people where I love everyone, then it's a slam dunk. Right now, there are four shows which fit that criteria for me: "I Love Lucy," "The Mary Tyler Moore Show," "The Golden Girls," and "Seinfeld."

If I was pitchforkin' TV characters:

-Cousin Oliver from "The Brady Bunch"

-Gomer on "The Andy Griffith Show." Shut up!

Yes, yes, and ditto (your other choices are great, too; I'm just highlighting these).

Gomer, especially, gives me the creeps, but I can't put my finger on why.

• Like 2

Henry Winkler came to my former city Rochester, N.Y. to talk about seniors two weeks ago.I hope that he didn`t mention his reverse mortgage commercials. 

• Like 1

Henry Winkler came to my former city Rochester, N.Y. to talk about seniors two weeks ago.I hope that he didn`t mention his reverse mortgage commercials.

I saw him on an episode of The Bob Newhart Show, as a jailbird. He was pretty funny. :)

I saw him on an episode of The Bob Newhart Show, as a jailbird. He was pretty funny. :)

Henry stars in ABSOLUTE STRANGERS 1991, about a husband`s right to terminate a pregnancy for his comatose wife. She was critically injured in a automobile accident, pro life activists are fighting for the fetus`s life. The movie was on AMAZON PRIME for free, and I watched this film because Patty Duke played a judge.Gilbert Cates directed, and he produced many of the ACADEMY AWARD shows.

• Like 1

Dixon Steele. I was on Laurel's side. He treated her badly IMO. If Dix is borderline loony, then out of respect for the mentally ill, I'll settle for a quick hanging.

He can also be seen on  USA network's "Royal Pains" as the Lawson brothers father, a lifelong con man.

Sepiatone

• Like 1

Nobody with a second grade or higher education should like him.................Heeeeeeey......

He was funny in the "Veal Prince Orloff" episode of "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" where Rhoda unexpectedly shows up to Mary's dinner party with him. She didn't have room for him at the big table, so he sat at the little table by the window.

• Like 2

He was funny in the "Veal Prince Orloff" episode of "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" where Rhoda unexpectedly shows up to Mary's dinner party with him. She didn't have room for him at the big table, so he sat at the little table by the window.

I don't have all of those episodes committed to memory, but I remember that one. :)

Noby with a secon grade or higher education should like him.................Heeeeeeey......

Still, he sure got the chicks!  ;)

Aw, Henry Winkler is a mensch. I listen to a talk show on Sirius XM and the show moved from NYC to LA about a year ago. Henry is a frequent guest and the first show in LA was broadcast from Henry's house. He is a very sweet man. Not a fan of reverse mortgages but i don't hold his commercials against him.

Aw, Henry Winkler is a mensch. I listen to a talk show on Sirius XM and the show moved from NYC to LA about a year ago. Henry is a frequent guest and the first show in LA was broadcast from Henry's house. He is a very sweet man. Not a fan of reverse mortgages but i don't hold his commercials against him.

He may be a mensch, but his character was a s c h m u c k.

I'm glad someone is sticking up for Mr. Schneider.    He is a fairly typical sitcom side character; i.e. the book can't be judged by the cover.

Besides being the eccentric neighbor or cellar dweller, he

was also a foil for Ann Romano's single mother feminist.

Considering Schneider's age, he was likely your typical

male from the 1940s/50s who was having trouble dealing

with women in the mid 1970s. But for the most part he was

a well meaning guy.

Hey now, Goober and Gomer were just good old country boys,

maybe not the sharpest tools in the shed, but good hearted.

And Goob was even something of a movie fan with his not

very good impressions of Cary Grant (Judy, Judy, Judy) and

Edward G. Robinson (Hey you guys, what's up you guys).

• Like 1

I always wanted to pitchfork Jaclyn Smitth when she would be playing an attorney in any of those horrid Lifetime movies.

Of course I would need more than a pitchfork if they had her playing a brain surgeon.

I probably more rightfully should pitchfork whoever hired her for the roles.

• Like 1

I always wanted to pitchfork Jaclyn Smitth when she would be playing an attorney in any of those horrid Lifetime movies.

Of course I would need more than a pitchfork if they had her playing a brain surgeon.

I probably more rightfully should pitchfork whoever hired her for the roles.

You must have missed the TV movie where they had her playing a rocket scientist.

There seems to be a lot of tension in the air these days.

Thought I'd bump this thread so some posters can let off a little steam.

Any film character you wanna pitchfork?

pitchfork-pic.jpg

2-Rebel-Without-a-Cause-quotes.gif

Not yet. But I will.

Somebody get me a pitchfork!

• Like 2

I love Jane Withers -- who will observe her 91st birthday on April 12th -- but not this character!

There seems to be a lot of tension in the air these days.

Thought I'd bump this thread so some posters can let off a little steam.

Any film character you wanna pitchfork?

Hmmm...so Tom. Question here:

Might this include people who make cameo appearances as themselves in a movie, too?!

You see, I ask this because just today I was informed by our mutual friend film lover 293 in another currently active thread that there was this REALLY awful movie made in 1990 titled "Ghosts Can't Do It", and so..............

(...okay, I better stop here before a representative from the Secret Service comes knockin' on my door)

• Like 1