Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Another TCM Programming Challenge

Speaking of plays -

sandykaypax,

Where are you Mrs. Bennet, and how was Opening Night (Oct. 6th)? We all want to hear about it.

Kyle In Hollywood

(sandykaypax PM'd me saying she wouldn't be able to finish a schedule for this TCM Programming Challenge because of her "Pride And Prejudice" stage commitment but I expressed our collective best wishes on her "Mrs. Bennet" debut.)

lzcutter:

Congratulations on a wonderful and well thought out schedule. It's obvious you spent a lot of time on this and I appreciate your effort. It's quite impressive. Congratulations to moirafinnie6 for her part as well.

Chris

Monday Morning -

Many Thanks to all that have submitted a schedule to "Another TCM Programming Challenge". You have made me a very proud moderator.

My ambition for this edition of a TCM Programming Challenge was to loosen the rules to inspire creativity on the schedules and to attract some new participants and I think we succeeded. Each schedule is amazingly witty and intelligent and "Another TCM Programming Challenge" attracted two new Challengers. (Welcome Aboard "sugarpuss" and "movieman1957"! I hope you have enjoyed everythig so far.)

And a Big special "Thank You" to all the Guest Programmers - "inglis", "timelessjoancraword', "GarboManiac", "mrsl", "jarhfive" and "moirafinnie6". Bravo to each of you. You played a big part in making this Challenge a success. Now that you've got one evening under your belt, maybe we can coerce you all into joining in for a full week of TCM Programming in a upcoming Challenge. From what each of you provided as Guest Programmers, I'd be excited to see a full week of TCM Programming from all of you.

Later today I will get a thread up to beginning voting on these great schedules to select a favorite choosing who will have the honor of leading another edition of "The TCM Programming Challenge".

Thanks again,my friends. You have done yourselves proud and I am extremely proud of that.

Kyle In Hollywood

"...I would need a lot of blank tapes that week if you win."

Hi, Heidi, actually, the winning week doesn't get played on TCM. This is a contest just among people posting on the message boards and it is great fun to come up with a week of what you would like to see on TCM. It all began with path40a several months ago as a way of getting those who were always complaining aboiut TCM's schedule to try creating a week of their own. The naysayers never did take part, but several of us who love TCM decided to try it. It turned out to be so much fun (though it was hard work) that we are now in our third "TCM Programming Challenge." And, while we don't get to have a week on TCM, the TCM programmer does look in on this thread and uses some of our suggestions in his programming. That is really a great feeling when he does. Hlywdkjk can attest to that.

The winner does get to moderate the following challenge. And, actually,lzcutter was our first winner in that initial Challenge and so she got to host the 2nd TCM Programming Challenge. Hlywdjk won that 2nd contest and so this 3rd one he is moderating. Each winners gets to come up with something special to be incorporated in the next Challenge.

I hope you will take part in the 4th challenge hosted by whomever wins this 3rd one. It really is a great way to see what the real TCM programmer goes through 52 weeks a year. (And, remember, a vote for Filmlover is a vote for America.)

That's a neat idea. But will tcmprogrammer come to our jobs and do our work for a week? So far the schedules you guys have come up with are better than some of the real schedules, since most of you pick the older movies which are the movies I like the best.

My Grand Mother's name was Irene Thomas Harding and she was one super women. On your topic, there has been so many pre-codes on TCM lately that I have been so busy deciding which one to record while at work and which one to wait on for a later date. Go vote for your choice here and in November for something even more important.

Oh and I forgot. Many worthless **** Ants never bother to vote for their choice here or in Novemver so don't be a **** Ant and vote. I will list all of the **** Ants that are here but if you stay here long enough you will figure it out for yourself. The gang of six. Go figure.

I'm having a real problem deciding between Sugarpuss and lzcutter. I feel guilty in not voting straight out for Sugarpuss especially considering I had a very, very, tiny part in it, and I really like her picks, but lzcutter came up with some real doozies that I have also commented I would like to see. So I have to go back and read both programs again, problem is, I don't have a printer, and it would make it a lot easier if I could look at them side by side. I will get a vote in tho, ASAP.

Unfortunately my very limited monthly income, believe it or not, would not allow me to order the TCM magazine, even at only $12.00 a year. I have to wait until December, when I usually get monetary gifts, and use one of them to order, so I have no references for times, directors, etc. But, give me time, I'll get in one of these days.

Well as The Beatles have said, "Come Together Over Me" and I know how all this always goes (12 people vote) so I am being the odd one out to stir the pot. It's well past time in this instance contained in this time and place to draw our line in the sand. It's nice to be nice to the nice but it is more important to be clear and honest. We come and go on this board and the more things change the more they stay the same. They come, they complain and they leave. They never say anything good they only attack. So I attack back. I call their bluff and I raise them. I stir them in the eye.

heidi, please don't feel obligated to vote for me! Please vote on your personal preference.

Besides, I really, really would not be a good person to host the next challenge. I'm terribly scatterbrained and ditzy and would wind up screwing things up more than helping it (really, if you knew me in RL, you'd realize why people call me "The Hurricane." I walk into a room and things just start falling, drinks start spilling and somehow I bump my head on furniture. Don't ask.)

The other night Filmlover said voting for them would be "a vote for America." Well, a vote for sugarpuss would be a vote for Communism.*

*the communist thing is a joke, people. Don't go starting any FBI files on me.

The other night Filmlover said voting for them would be "a vote for America."

Hi, Sugarpuss,

What's really funny in my humorously resorting to that old tactic, is that much of my Challenge schedule is British-oriented.

By the way, everybody, don't vote in this thread. Head on over to the one called "Get Out the Vote" that hlywdkjk has created for recording the votes.

heidigunn wrote -

and it would make it a lot easier if I could look at them side by side.

Hello heidigunn,

In the "Get Out The Thread" there are links to each of the Challenger's schedules (click on the participant's name). Instead of just clicking on a name, right click on the name and choose the option "Open In A New Window". This should allow you to look at each schedule "Side by side" by just alternating between the two different pages.

And there is no rush to get your vote in. Voting is open until this Sunday night at midnight.

Kyle In Hollywood

IreneJansen,

I don't think allieharding was directing her comments about voting to you. (I truly hope not, anyway) and she ws just responding to the thread using the last message posted. I can't envision her calling you a 'pissant'. Now, as for the Gang Of Six...

BTW, welcome to the TCM Mesage Boards. Great to have you around!

Kyle In Hollywood

> I'm having a real problem deciding between Sugarpuss

> and lzcutter.

Don't feel bad. I had the same problem. I eventually posted my choice, but after I voted I keep wanting to go back and look at it again.

Now that I think about it, this may be the only time in my entire life that I've had to choose between two exceptionally good candidates for anything. Most of the time it's been the lesser of two evils.

Archived