Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Your favorite person in drag

Laurel & Hardy as their own wives in "Twice Two." Their voices were dubbed by women - Stanley sounded like Betty Boop, and Ollie sounded like Kate Smith.

Ollie, as "Fanny," sitting at her dresser, daintily applying powder to her shoulders, is priceless.

I'm betting that The Rock tended toward pitching rather than catching, and knowing Yogi and his malapropisms, I'm sure he thought pitchers who walked batters had a lot of balls themselves.

"You can observe a lot just by watching." ~ Yogi Berra

I'm sorry that you took ofense to my comment it's just some of these threads you hear this person is gay! You shocked when you mentioned Troy Donahue was. I am sorry Rocky for being rude! I should have been more clear on what I meant!

I apologized for my rudness and I am sorry it was my mistake and I owned up to it I never said you were dumb! Maybe it's you with the attitude problem> someone apologizes for their screw up and you still have to be a baby about. Most the members on this board threads are nice maybe with the exception of you!Now I am being rude! And do not care ! If you can't take an apology for my mess up then all I have to say to is grow up!

Hi,

CHARLEY'S AUNT hasn't been on tv in more than 20 years. I have an old VHS copy taped off KPIX in San Francisco. He was marvelous as "Dona Lucia" -- as was Kay Francis as the "real" aunt from Brazil. Haven't the foggiest if it has been released on DVD. Sorry.

My favorite is Stan Laurel who appeared in drag in a few Laurel & Hardy films. He is the ugliest 'woman' I ever saw, and also hilarious.

By the way, was Troy Donahue in drag when he went cruising, since thats what this subject is supposed to be about?

//why is necessary to say who is gay! The question was what actor or actress played a person in drag? i do not care who is gay!//

I guess I don't necessarily differentiate or care.

That is: if the bloke or broad in question is in drag due to sexual proclivity or not - I don't care. If it's done right (either within a film or in 'real life') then more's the fun!

Some what come to my mind are:

Julie Andrews

Robert Preston

Gene Hackman

Terry Jones

Graham Chapman

Dan Ackroyd & Eric Idle (ever see the Drag Racing skit on SNL? :D )

Jeff Bridges

David Bowie

Geena Davis

Jane Leeves

Madonna

> My favorite is Stan Laurel who appeared in drag in a

> few Laurel & Hardy films. He is the ugliest 'woman' I

> ever saw, and also hilarious.>

Nope, Mongo, you're wrong, the ugliest 'woman' in drag was William Powell as in that movie when he played Myrna's aunt when her mother visited, the one where they were supposed to be getting a divorce and he's trying to get Myrna back, and a sweater thread got caught on the record player and unwound the sweater. It's amazing how sometimes movie names pop in my head like my own name, but others I can think for hours and not remember it. (senior moments, heck)

* * * * * * * * * * * X-(

Anne