Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A day in glorious black & white (with some occasional tinting)

limey

From From Hand to Mouth (1919) to M (1931), TCM appears today to have rolled out an entire 24 hour period with not a scheduled frame of technicolor to be seen (not counting wine club/cruise promos & the like). I guess that this might have been a more common occurrence in times when the programming may have learned more towards the 1st half of the 20th century, but it struck me that I couldn't recollect seeing quite so many B/W features in one grouping, as are on offer today.

Looking forward to watching/recording M, as it'll be a first time view for me.

• Like 3

Tune in Friday, then; TCM again will be in glorious black and white (Great phrase) all day until 8:00 p.m., E.S.T.--then goes to plain old Technicolor the rest of the evening.

Not much love for b/w brunettes or redheads in those titles!

• Like 1

From From Hand to Mouth (1919) to M (1931), TCM appears today to have rolled out an entire 24 hour period with not a scheduled frame of technicolor to be seen (not counting wine club/cruise promos & the like). I guess that this might have been a more common occurrence in times when the programming may have learned more towards the 1st half of the 20th century, but it struck me that I couldn't recollect seeing quite so many B/W features in one grouping, as are on offer today.

Looking forward to watching/recording M, as it'll be a first time view for me.

You are in for a TREAT, Limey.  M is fantastic.

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings