Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Television Detectives on MeTV - Off Topic

GregoryPeckfan

Hello, this is ColumboFan who used to go by the name GregoryPeckFan on this site.  I am still me.

But I love to watch  detective shows and there are a lot of MeTV.

This is a thread for anyone who wants to talk about metv detectives - what has been on METV, and what used to be  on MeTV.

My favourite TV detective is: Columbo played by Peter Falk.

I love his car, his dog that never got a name except Dog, the stars on his show, the tune he whistled...

everything.

• Like 1

Hello, this is ColumboFan who used to go by the name GregoryPeckFan on this site.  I am still me.

This is a thread for anyone who wants to talk about metv detectives - what has been on METV, and what used to be  on MeTV.

I love his car, his dog that never got a name except Dog, the stars on his show, the tune he whistled...

everything.

Decades is showing the Honey West show.  One of the first T.V. show to feature a women detective.    I know the co-writer of the show Gloria Gautraud .  I'm hoping to watch a few episodes with her.   The show only ran for one season with the lovely Anne Francis as Honey. 

• Like 3

I will occasionally watch parts of Perry Mason on MeTV. My trouble is I have so many movies and other TV shows on DVD that I'm trying to catch up on, plus a handful of new shows that I keep up with, that I don't have much time to watch the ones on MeTV very often. 

I do miss the Catch Me If You Can programming that used to run Sundays, with Remington Steele, Kojak, Mission: Impossible, Cannon, Rockford Files, Streets of San Francisco, Hawaii 5-0, and Columbo. I know a few of these are still on the schedule at different times on different days, but I miss them running in a row all Sunday afternoon/evening/night. 

• Like 1

everything.

I sometimes wear an old raincoat which is something like his. ....And I have just one more question.......

• Like 2

Well, I don`t know about other MeTV stations, but my affiliate out of Bellingham is not airing a bunch of episodes of Remmington Steele in honour of Doris Roberts.  However, I understand that her Everybody loves Raymond family got together to remember her.

Overnight MeTV aired an episode of Columbo which I recorded.  Another one will air Sunday night

Sometime in the last week or two I saw a Johnny Carson Tonight Show (Antenna tv , usually 11pm) and Peter Falk was a guest. I don't remember him doing a lot of talk show appearances but as you may guess he was quite funny.  I believe that "Colombo" was kind of an extension of Peter himself. On Carson , Peter was plugging a new episode of Colombo that was airing later that week. Hopefully, these Carson episodes will be run again and you might catch that one.

• Like 1

Sometime in the last week or two I saw a Johnny Carson Tonight Show (Antenna tv , usually 11pm) and Peter Falk was a guest. I don't remember him doing a lot of talk show appearances but as you may guess he was quite funny.  I believe that "Colombo" was kind of an extension of Peter himself. On Carson , Peter was plugging a new episode of Colombo that was airing later that week. Hopefully, these Carson episodes will be run again and you might catch that one.

I'd love to see the interview, Mr. Roberts.  I will look out for it. 

Ever notice that current TV shows and movies about private detectives have just about disappeared?

Discussing what MeTV, Antenna, COZI, Get, Grit, et. al. are showing gets complicated.

I have figured out which ones I get on cable and then which ones I can pick up over the air that are not on cable.

Then I periodically go to their websites to check the schedules.

They all change them frequently. For instance Honey West was on Me a year or two ago and after they ran each episode about a dozen times, they dropped it.  I think all of these "networks" do the same thing in order to freshen up their shows.

One I record is Alfred Hitchcock on Saturday and Sunday nights/early AM on Antenna TV.  Get TV is showing the Thin Man TV series at 7 AM, M-F.

We purchased the Perry Mason DVD's as they came out.  We usually watch an episode every couple of days. Great show, especially if looking for something that only lasts an hour.  The sets are still available and quality is great.

• Like 1

Ever notice that current TV shows and movies about private detectives have just about disappeared?

Discussing what MeTV, Antenna, COZI, Get, Grit, et. al. are showing gets complicated.

I have figured out which ones I get on cable and then which ones I can pick up over the air that are not on cable.

They all change them frequently. For instance Honey West was on Me a year or two ago and after they ran each episode about a dozen times, they dropped it.  I think all of these "networks" do the same thing in order to freshen up their shows.

One I record is Alfred Hitchcock on Saturday and Sunday nights/early AM on Antenna TV.  Get TV is showing the Thin Man TV series at 7 AM, M-F.

Yes, they change their schedules around every now and then.  MeTV likes to have a special "Summer of Me" schedule where everything changes for the summer.

I think Columbo is the only detective  show that has been in its regular time slot for a long time on Sunday nights.

Then they have regularly switching TV detective movies overnight.

I like to record my favourite episodes to re-watch.

Every now and then I see an episode I've missed which is always a treat to see for the first time.

I've learned that if you see a DVD of a TV series or a movie that you think you want, get it.  While some stay around for a while and maybe even get cheaper, many disappear after a couple of years and never come back.  Not a fan of purchasing previously owned DVD's.

• Like 1

Metv is scheduled to air the Columbo episode starring Robert Conrad as fitness guru Milo Janus this Sunday night.  It has always been one of my favourite episodes.  It is amazing that Conrad broke his back when a stuntman wasn't where he was supposed to be standing in an episode of Wild Wild West and yet Conrad was in such excellent shape in this episode.

I still have not seen the Johnny Carson episode with Peter Falk in it that Mr. Roberts was kind enough to find for me.  But now I know how to find it on Youtube.

Metv is scheduled to air the Columbo episode starring Robert Conrad as fitness guru Milo Janus this Sunday night.  It has always been one of my favourite episodes.  It is amazing that Conrad broke his back when a stuntman wasn't where he was supposed to be standing in an episode of Wild Wild West and yet Conrad was in such excellent shape in this episode.

I still have not seen the Johnny Carson episode with Peter Falk in it that Mr. Roberts was kind enough to find for me.  But now I know how to find it on Youtube.

Gretchen Corbett is also in this one.  She was on Rockford until there was a dispute over her contract.  She was a studio contract player and wanted to stay on the show, but the studio wanted too much money and the show's producers wouldn't pay it.  Too bad because I think she could have contributed a lot to the show and springboarded to bigger roles.

• Like 1

Gretchen Corbett is also in this one.  She was on Rockford until there was a dispute over her contract.  She was a studio contract player and wanted to stay on the show, but the studio wanted too much money and the show's producers wouldn't pay it.  Too bad because I think she could have contributed a lot to the show and springboarded to bigger roles.

I wondered why she left Rockford Files.  Thanks for the information.

Thanks again, Mr. Roberts, for the Private message about how to find this episode on Youtube.  It took a long time to find it and have time to see it, but I loved watching it tonight.

:)

We purchased the Perry Mason DVD's as they came out.  We usually watch an episode every couple of days. Great show, especially if looking for something that only lasts an hour.  The sets are still available and quality is great.

I've mentioned this in the Warner Archives thread, but where are all their great detective series from the late 50s-early 60s, like Hawaiian Eye, 77 Sunset Strip, or Bourbon Street. Not only are they not on dvd sets, but they don't seem to be airing anywhere.

I've mentioned this in the Warner Archives thread, but where are all their great detective series from the late 50s-early 60s, like Hawaiian Eye, 77 Sunset Strip, or Bourbon Street. Not only are they not on dvd sets, but they don't seem to be airing anywhere.

I've never seen any of these shows, Arturo.

I've heard of them. But I have never seen them.

I don't know what rights hold-up they are in at the moment. I recall about 5-10 ten years ago, I used to get a channel, the name of which escapes me, that used to show that whole lineup. It was kind of a precursor to these newer channels like MeTV or GetTV. I watched them regularly, but then they switched format to an "Urban" channel (their terminology) showing Good Times and The Jeffersons, etc.

I recall hearing about those shows being scheduled for DVD, but then it never happened. I keep waiting for them to show up on another of these retro channels.

• Like 2

I've never seen any of these shows, Arturo.

I've heard of them. But I have never seen them.

I seem to remember a channel on TWC also showing Burke's Law and Mission Impossible and others like Bachelor's Father, etc..

Maybe it was called The Nostalgia Channel back 7-8 years ago?

Mission: Impossible has bee on meTV a lot.

Last season instead of a Sunday night of comedies after Columbo, there was "The Spies Who loved ME" - cute.

The lineup included Get Smart, The Man From U.N.C.L.E., Mission:Impossible, The saint etc.

GoodLife Network was the name of the channel.

It's lineup included FBI, Bourbon Street Beat, 77 Sunset Strip, Hawaiian Eye, Surfside Six.

I just remembered, so I had to share.

I've not heard of the channel.

Thanks.

GoodLife Network was the name of the channel.

It's lineup included FBI, Bourbon Street Beat, 77 Sunset Strip, Hawaiian Eye, Surfside Six.

I just remembered, so I had to share.

According to a Google search, this is a South African network?

According to a Google search, this is a South African network?

That may be a different one. I looked on Wikipedia, and this is the one:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Youtoo_America

It says it's been around since 1985(!), first as the Nostalgia Channel, then GoodLife, then American Life, and currently its called YouToo. My cable no longer carries it, though. According to the page, the YouToo rebranding changed the channel format to tech-related programming.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings