Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
starliteyes

Who Said That? (Offscreen Quotes)

Thank you, Star.

"When what's left of you gets around to what's left to be gotten, what's left to be gotten won't be worth getting whatever it is you've got left."

Thank you, Star.

"When what's left of you gets around to what's left to be gotten, what's left to be gotten won't be worth getting whatever it is you've got left."

Hint:  Rapid-fire multi-faceted performer

Thanks, Marsha.

Next:  "One thing that troubles me is that they say that my portrayals of gangsters and hoodlums led to a tolerance of the criminal element by society.  Well, I certainly hope they didn't, because I'm firmly opposed to crime."

Next:  "One thing that troubles me is that they say that my portrayals of gangsters and hoodlums led to a tolerance of the criminal element by society.  Well, I certainly hope they didn't, because I'm firmly opposed to crime."

Hint -- This actor is an Oscar winner.

"People never think of me as a singer.  But singers aren't always good actresses and, thank goodness, they think of me as an actress."

Very good, Marsha!  Your thread.

Thanks, Star. I love hearing Ann Sothern singing "The Last Time I Saw Paris".

next:  "When you're a young man, Macbeth is a character part. When you're older it's a straight part."

Orson Welles?

Great answer, Star, but Orson is not the one. Clue: This actor produced, starred, and directed the first British film to win an Academy Award for Best Picture.

"I can whistle through my fingers, bulldog a steer, light a fire with two sticks, shoot a pistol with fair accuracy, set type and teach school."

"I can whistle through my fingers, bulldog a steer, light a fire with two sticks, shoot a pistol with fair accuracy, set type and teach school."

I believe it's Ann Sheridan, one of my favorite actresses, who I wished hadn't smoked so much.

I think everyone smoked too much back then - and wore hats while they did.  It was Ann Sheridan and this thread is yours, too, Marsha!

Thanks, Star.

"Providing I can put one foot in front of the other, I will continue to act."

Thanks, Star.

"Providing I can put one foot in front of the other, I will continue to act."

Clue:  This multi-faceted performer received Academy Award nominations for Best Supporting Actress in her first two films.

Angela Lansbury?

Excellent, Arsan.  It is the incomparable Angela Lansbury.  The thread is yours.

"That love at first sight should happen to me was life's most delicious revenge on a self-opinionated fool."