Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I Saw A Deadhead Sticker on a Cadillac-- Don't Look Back

Princess of Tap

Instead of grieving over the other thread, let's have some fun on this thread....... Two legendary classic rock bands both recorded songs with the name of the same state in the titles. Bands? Song titles?

Right now I happened to be listening to Solid Gold and they got The Mamas & the Papas on doing creeque alley.

So what about California Dreaming With The Mamas & the Papas

And California girls with the Beach Boys

That looks okay unless it's a trick question?

Right now I happened to be listening to Solid Gold and they got The Mamas & the Papas on doing creeque alley.

Now they're playing Surfin, I've got to turn it up--
  • Like 1

Not OK. When I say classic rock, I mean ROCK. I wouldn't classify either group, especially the M & P, in the classic rock genre, which is a very specific genre, and which really begins in about 1966.

Not OK. When I say classic rock, I mean ROCK. I wouldn't classify either group, especially the M & P, in the classic rock genre, which is a very specific genre, and which really begins in about 1966.

Well, Fra-- when I started this thread, I had just those two groups in mind for classic rock.

1966-- you better give me an example to show me what you're talking about-- without giving away your answer.

Well, Fra-- when I started this thread, I had just those two groups in mind for classic rock.

1966-- you better give me an example to show me what you're talking about-- without giving away your answer.

Neither of the songs you mentioned would EVER be played on Sirius Classic Vinyl or Classic Rewind. Don't feign ignorance. Album Rock, Underground rock.......Not folk rock, singles rock, pop rock, pop, or oldies.

Neither of the songs you mentioned would EVER be played on Sirius Classic Vinyl or Classic Rewind. Don't feign ignorance. Album Rock, Underground rock.......Not folk rock, singles rock, pop rock, pop, or oldies.

Sorry-- I'm not that familiar with Sirius classic vinyl or classic rewind.

You're obviously more up on these categories than I am.

Where I live they play all that stuff on my car radio-- there's only one classic rock radio station and they play all that stuff.

It's probably different with these satellite companies and in the big city.

Sorry-- I'm not that familiar with Sirius classic vinyl or classic rewind.

You're obviously more up on these categories than I am.

Where I live they play all that stuff on my car radio-- there's only one classic rock radio station and they play all that stuff.

It's probably different with these satellite companies and in the big city.

All right. Try to get the answer. It's not as easy or obvious as what you came up with.

Instead of grieving over the other thread, let's have some fun on this thread....... Two legendary classic rock bands both recorded songs with the name of the same state in the titles. Bands? Song titles?

If you're referring to the R'N'R hall of fame thread, what DID happen to it?

And WHY?

As to your question, it;s a good one.  Damned if I know, though!  :D

Sepiatone

I'll give it you. There is also "Alabama Song" by the Doors. What is it about Alabama? Do you want to do one?

Wow.  As soon as you said "Southeastern U.S. State" those two songs popped in my mind simultaneously.  I can try and think of a trivia question but I'm not so good at it.  

I remember "Alabama Song" from The Doors' Absolutely Live

Wow.  As soon as you said "Southeastern U.S. State" those two songs popped in my mind simultaneously.  I can try and think of a trivia question but I'm not so good at it.  

I remember "Alabama Song" from The Doors' Absolutely Live

Here's another one.......Two major classic rock bands had lead singers with the same last name. Bands? Lead singers?

Good. Should I just keep them coming?

Fra--

You certainly have some interesting questions here. I'd love to see some of those questions on the thread that I created in Games - - I can remind you it's called Don't Knock the Rock!

In the Deadhead thread, I really appreciate your contributions-- lists and statements about all forms of rock and roll.

And I admire your tremendous amount of knowledge about rock.

But on the Deadhead thread, I wouldn't want anyone to feel like they have to answer questions on this thread in order to participate. That's what we have the Game section for, isn't it?

Fra-- in fact, I created Don't Knock the Rock! on the Game side with you in mind. I hope you're enjoying it.

Fra--

You certainly have some interesting questions here. I'd love to see some of those questions on the thread that I created in Games - - I can remind you it's called Don't Knock the Rock!

In the Deadhead thread, I really appreciate your contributions-- lists and statements about all forms of rock and roll.

And I admire your tremendous amount of knowledge about rock.

But on the Deadhead thread, I wouldn't want anyone to feel like they have to answer questions on this thread in order to participate. That's what we have the Game section for, isn't it?

Fra-- in fact, I created Don't Knock the Rock! on the Game side with you in mind. I hope you're enjoying it.

On that thread, the questions are supposed to be connected to films.

I don't know much about The Kinks beyond their hits (and i can't stand "Lola"), but I like "Catch Me Now I'm Falling" and "Tired of Waiting".

(With "Catch", I like their live version - they play it at a faster, more rock-like tempo.)

I certainly hope THIS thread doesn't get removed due to all this incessant nattering over THE KINKS.

That group was a very successful band with very competent musicians and had some very good and well recieved and large selling songs.

Don't and never did like them?

Fine.  Just say THAT and move on.

NObody's an imbecile because their musical taste differs from yours or anyone else's.

That being said, let's divert attention and discuss, however briefly, STEELY DAN.

They grabbed me from the opening guitar solo on REELIN' IN THE YEARS

But my knowledge of their entire library is limited to their first three or four LPs.  And as I do like many of the "low hanging fruit" songs( Thanks DGF, I LIKE that analogy!), others they did I like include(chronicalogically):

DIRTY WORK

MIDNIGHT CRUISER

FIRE IN THE HOLE

BROOKLYN(OWNS THE CHARMER UNDR ME)

THE BOSTON RAG

SHOW BIZ KIDS

MY OLD SCHOOL

PEARL OF THE QUARTER

ANY MAJOR DUDE WILL TELL YOU

PARKER'S BAND

DOCTOR WU

YOUR GOLD TEETH II

KID CHARLEMAGNE

THE FEZ

HATIAN DIVORCE

BLACK COW

DEACON BLUES

JOSIE

By the time GAUCHO came out, I was so into another area of music I completely overlooked it.

By "Countdown" both original members WALTER BECKER and DON FAGAN  pared the band down to just them as a duo, and filled in the rest with various(and outstanding) well repected "session men".  TOM SCOTT, STEVE GADD and LARRY CARLETON among them.

Sepiatone

• Like 1